ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Springfield Autobody Estimate (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=282477)

Dinny Bossa Nova 03-21-2014 06:07 PM

Springfield Autobody Estimate

Looking for a collision repair estimate on a 2001 Chevy Silverado in Springfield. I'm not looking for show quality restoration, but I'm not looking for the cheapest price. Hoping to find quality work and expect to pay a quality price.

I can't move the vehicle, so the estimator person will have to come to the truck.

For a fun thread hijack in the OP, I'm wanting to put a V8 in my '98 S10. The original 4.3 is shot. I'm hoping to put a brand new '96-'01 L31 5.7 instead of a rebuilt 4.3. 255hp and 330ftlb should be a fun little truck.

Oh yeah, I hope to get an estimate or two on the Silverado ASAP.

Dinny

CoMoChief 03-21-2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinny Blues (Post 10507526)
Looking for a collision repair estimate on a 2001 Chevy Silverado in Springfield. I'm not looking for show quality restoration, but I'm not looking for the cheapest price. Hoping to find quality work and expect to pay a quality price.

I can't move the vehicle, so the estimator person will have to come to the truck.

For a fun thread hijack in the OP, I'm wanting to put a V8 in my '98 S10. The original 4.3 is shot. I'm hoping to put a brand new '96-'01 L31 5.7 instead of a rebuilt 4.3. 255hp and 330ftlb should be a fun little truck.

Oh yeah, I hope to get an estimate or two on the Silverado ASAP.

Dinny

For your S10....make sure to put huge rims, tint the windows and put a badass system in it.......teenagers will think you're a road warrior god.

Buzz 03-21-2014 06:20 PM

I'm looking for someone to come suck the farts out of my truck seat and couch, been a bit gassy today and pooped 3 times. I will need a reference by you sucking a golf ball through a garden hose that I will supply.

Dinny Bossa Nova 03-21-2014 06:23 PM

Has anyone spotted the SAUTO signal in the sky? It may not be dark enough yet. A road trip might do him some good.

Dinny

Dinny Bossa Nova 03-21-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz (Post 10507551)
I'm looking for someone to come suck the farts out of my truck seat and couch, been a bit gassy today and pooped 3 times. I will need a reference by you sucking a golf ball through a garden hose that I will supply.

This would be a fabulous thread.

Dinny

Dinny Bossa Nova 03-21-2014 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 10507550)
For your S10....make sure to put huge rims, tint the windows and put a badass system in it.......teenagers will think you're a road warrior god.

I'm not sure what you mean when you type "huge", "put" and "teenagers". The glass in the S10 is in perfect condition, and to my understanding, it has never collided with a Jersey cow. I really like the truck a lot.

Dinny

BullJunkandIron 03-21-2014 06:49 PM

How you paying for a estimate? Will you cover travel expenses?

Shogun 03-21-2014 06:51 PM

I know a bunch of great ones in Olathe, OP. But otherwise I'd suggest Angies list

Dinny Bossa Nova 03-22-2014 07:22 AM

I had not considered Angie's. No experience with it. I know there is always google. I just wanted to check here first to see if anyone local knows an honest (auto) body guy.

Wife's son was driving it and he hit a water buffalo. I'd like to get it back in service very soon. I could also use a couple huge towels to dry the thing off.

Dinny

BlackHelicopters 03-22-2014 07:25 AM

It's all ball bearings.

bevischief 03-22-2014 07:28 AM

Pooptaco.

BullJunkandIron 03-22-2014 08:44 AM

Would you be interested in getting it done on a time and material basis?

Jiu Jitsu Jon 03-22-2014 12:24 PM

Just collision repair? Wessel Honda on S. Campbell seems to have a good rep. They fixed my GTO when it got rear-ended.

Dinny Bossa Nova 03-22-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jiu Jitsu Jon (Post 10508585)
Just collision repair? Wessel Honda on S. Campbell seems to have a good rep. They fixed my GTO when it got rear-ended.

Thanks for the 411, triple-J. I haven't seen it yet myself. He hit a cow. I was told the fenders look okay, but the middle is into the radiator and hood. Glass is said to be okay. I don't know if this will be an insurance thing, the owner said to get an estimate.

I was hoping for a local referral, but I can go shopping. Also hoping SAUTO sees this. He has been on a long run of extremely busy.

Dinny

Dinny Bossa Nova 03-22-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armadillo Skin (Post 10508289)
Would you be interested in getting it done on a time and material basis?

As far as I know, at this point, the cow owner is assuming responsibility. What I am hoping for at the end of it all is that the truck is fixed properly, the repairman is compensated fairly and the cow owner is not over-charged. (He's already down a whole cow.) That's why I would rather avoid a dealership. It seems to me they go overboard on insurance kind of work.

I am tempted to try fixing it myself. I'm pretty gimped up, but I enjoy wrenching on cars when I don't have a deadline. I do okay if the job doesn't require a hoist. Or brains.

Dinny