ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Interview Advice (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280917)

Dante84 01-23-2014 07:49 PM

Interview Advice

Hey, my dogs.

So, I've currently got a good job, though I'm pretty sick of it after 2.5 years, and I'm ready for more opportunity (see - bigger title, more $, and more happiness). My current company doesn't offer me any of these in the near future.

In early January, a buddy hit me up (former coworker at current company) to tell me that his new company has an open spot. New company is a bad-****ing ass, young company, and they don't **** around with their interview process.

It would more than double my salary, and essentially be the new income floor for any job beyond this. Fantastic resume builder, but also a place I could see myself working in for years. If it knocks, an absolutely cannot pass it up.

That being said, in order to do these interviews, they've got me jumping through hoops. Just part of the process with a busy, growing company in a market where they have candidates lined up out the door.

I've taken 2 and half sick days already this month, with one day or less notice each time. They told me to come in tomorrow and meet with one of their Exec. higher ups, and I've got to fake sick AGAIN.

And then next week, I have one final meeting (hopefully!) with another higher up, and that should be a wrap. I've been told I'm the leading candidate, and the finish line is in sight.

My issue is that my current boss, who I'm cool with, has to think I'm dying of AIDS or something. I feel like a dick lying, and if for some reason I don't get this new job, I'll have a black mark by my name for being a sketchy POS. If I do get it, it will be pretty obvious I've been lying.

Anyone been through this? Advice for how to not burn a bridge or how to navigate carefully in this situation?

Rasputin 01-23-2014 07:52 PM

Brush your teeth and use mouth wash.

Dante84 01-23-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 10390053)
Brush your teeth and use mouth wash.

Yeah, I should have said I have awesome hygiene and my scrotum resembles a plucked quail breast.

Rasputin 01-23-2014 07:58 PM

For your question I think many of us had to play the game of job manipulation.

I've made a mistake once and told my boss I was going to look for a new job because I thought he was cool enough and I was just being honest. They found my replacement before I got hired other job.

Cephalic Trauma 01-23-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 10390057)
Yeah, I should have said I have awesome hygiene and my scrotum resembles a plucked quail breast.

What the ****? You took a razor to your scrotum?

Rasputin 01-23-2014 08:00 PM

The #1 rule is watch out for #1 and don't step in #2.

Dayze 01-23-2014 08:04 PM

ball powder.

the go with confidence.

Dante84 01-23-2014 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 10390073)
What the ****? You took a razor to your scrotum?

Oh yeah man. Smooth as a pair of eggs.

*jumbo eggs

Dayze 01-23-2014 08:06 PM

lol. "* jumbo".

as in Ostrich?

Dante84 01-23-2014 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10390088)
ball powder.

the go with confidence.

Gold Bond well stocked and awaiting the chance to cling to my netherlands.

Dante84 01-23-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10390094)
lol. "* jumbo".

as in Ostrich?

Hey man, your word, not mine.

But yes, Ostrich.

saphojunkie 01-23-2014 08:09 PM

What kind of work do you do?

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-23-2014 08:10 PM

Just tell your boss you are having trouble getting chicks knocked up and you need these days off to get semen evaluations. If he's any type of family man he'll surely understand.

HonestChieffan 01-23-2014 08:11 PM

Yo dog, " and they don't **** around with their interview process." WTF did you just describe?

Abba-Dabba 01-23-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 10390066)
For your question I think many of us had to play the game of job manipulation.

I've made a mistake once and told my boss I was going to look for a new job because I thought he was cool enough and I was just being honest. They found my replacement before I got hired other job.

Your boss wouldn't have been doing the job they were hired for if he didn't find another person. I would have done the same thing, and have in the past.

It isn't a dick move, it's just business.