ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Beginning of the end of the NFL - The Pick Play (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=278699)

steve_minor 11-18-2013 12:00 AM

Beginning of the end of the NFL - The Pick Play

Forget the outcome of tonight's game. If the Chiefs won, I would still have the same feelings about what I saw tonight.

I saw the article talking about Denver's pick plays this week. They are essentially money plays. Need a first down pick play. Tonight reminded me of playing Madden football and how there are things that are almost impossible to stop. Manning excels in this because he is such an accurate passer.

If more and more teams start doing this and the NFL doesn't stop it. Then the NFL will lose my interest just like the NBA has.

Go ahead and call me a soar loser now :cuss:

Imon Yourside 11-18-2013 12:01 AM

Soar?

TimBone 11-18-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 10200917)
Soar?

He's a high flying loser, brother.

Nightfyre 11-18-2013 12:02 AM

Hey, I hope you're right. Something should be done because I haven't seen a scheme that can stop it given the current rules.

DaFace 11-18-2013 12:03 AM

I don't like it, but they appear to be doing it in a way that's not against the rules. It's damn hard to defend for sure.

steve_minor 11-18-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 10200917)
Soar?

How many of your 22,000 posts are correcting peoples spelling??? To many drinks here and don't care to spell check. What is your excuse to being an ass :thumb:

Phobia 11-18-2013 12:11 AM

To?

Imon Yourside 11-18-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve_minor (Post 10200980)
How many of your 22,000 posts are correcting peoples spelling??? To many drinks here and don't care to spell check. What is your excuse to being an ass :thumb:

Too many drunks?

TEX 11-18-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10200935)
I don't like it, but they appear to be doing it in a way that's not against the rules. It's damn hard to defend for sure.

They do it the same way the Colts used to when Manning was there...

steve_minor 11-18-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10200935)

The first down (kind of) by Decker is impossible to cover. The pick is obvious and the outside WR is blocking before the throw even occurs. This cannot be stopped. These plays will not be 20 yard plays, but are excellent 5-6 yard money plays.

NFL has how many starting QB's hurt with their stupid new rules?

I will not be surprised if they start giving QB's mulligan's during the game to reverse and INT :cuss:

:LOL: My last comment is a sure sign ... I should go to bed:D

Imon Yourside 11-18-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve_minor (Post 10201001)
The first down (kind of) by Decker is impossible to cover. The pick is obvious and the outside WR is blocking before the throw even occurs. This cannot be stopped. These plays will not be 20 yard plays, but are excellent 5-6 yard money plays.

I will not be surprised if they start giving QB's mulligan's during the game to reverse and INT :cuss:

The NFL doesn't have a problem calling it on other teams, we've been called for it twice this year.

TimBone 11-18-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

reverse and INT?

WhiteWhale 11-18-2013 12:15 AM

One article and suddenly everyone is complaining about a play that's been in the NFL for decades and is in every playbook.

Why don't you ask instead why our offense can't effectively run these same plays? Andy ran them all the time in philly.

TimBone 11-18-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

I also don't believe you needed an apostrophe in mulligans....I could be wrong though.

steve_minor 11-18-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 10200985)
To?

Did you get A+ on every paper for spelling and grammar, or did the internet turn you into an picky ass grammar police bitch nlm