ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Draft Planet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   **** Official Rank the QB's of This Year's Draft Class**** (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274721)

Sorter 07-22-2013 06:53 PM

**** Official Rank the QB's of This Year's Draft Class****
 
I thought it'd be interesting to track how our opinions change over the course of the year on these players, considering how quickly we were able to sour on Barkley and Tyler Wilson.

*Updated*

1. Teddy Bridgewater
2. Marcus Mariota
3. Zach Mettenberger
4. Johnny Manziel
5. Derek Carr
6. Tahj Boyd
7. Aaron Murray
8. AJ McCarron
9. Jimmy Garappolo
10. Brett Hundley

Disclaimer: I haven't watched very many of these players, so my ranking is flawed and more designed to get some names thrown out there for now.

O.city 07-22-2013 07:25 PM

Bridgewater
Boyd
Mettenberger


I like Boyd alot though.

Nightfyre 07-22-2013 08:21 PM

Allow me to rank them: puke

Sorter 07-22-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9828217)
Allow me to rank them: puke

That's about how I feel at this stage.

Nightfyre 07-22-2013 08:27 PM

I haven't seen Stephen Morris. Based on those I've seen:
1. Bridgewater
2. McCarron
3. Murray
GIANT GAP
4. Logan Thomas

Fales and Boyd don't have NFL caliber arms and I am not familiar enough with the rest.

O.city 07-22-2013 08:27 PM

Bridgewater will end up going first overall next year, above Clowney. My bold prediction of the year.

CoMoChief 07-23-2013 12:17 AM

Aaron Murray

and then everyone else.

I can just see it, you can look at him and tell with the throws he makes......he looks like a real QB.

His pocket awareness and release are identical to Drew Brees. He steps into his throws, he throws an accurate catchable ball and has more than good enough arm strength and stands in the pocket and is not a pussy like Matt ****ing Cassel.

ChiefAshhole20 07-23-2013 12:21 AM

1. Morris
2. Bridgewater
3. McCarron
4. Renner
5. Tahj Boyd
6. Murray
7. David Fales
8. Zach Mettenberger
9. Jeff Mathews
10. Logan Thomas

KC Tattoo 07-23-2013 08:17 AM

Maybe after our next retread quarterback that follows Alex Smith fails we end up drafting the quarterback of generation in the 2020's?

I think 2021 is the year we need to get our guy from the draft surely that draft class will produce good enough ones like Andrew Luck & RGIII or Wilson?

saphojunkie 07-23-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9828599)
Aaron Murray

and then everyone else.

I can just see it, you can look at him and tell with the throws he makes......he looks like a real QB.

His pocket awareness and release are identical to Drew Brees. He steps into his throws, he throws an accurate catchable ball and has more than good enough arm strength and stands in the pocket and is not a pussy like Matt ****ing Cassel.

+1

He absolutely passes the eye test. Just looks like a guy that will be more successful at the next level.

duncan_idaho 07-23-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9828831)
+1

He absolutely passes the eye test. Just looks like a guy that will be more successful at the next level.

Except for the whole "three inches shorter than preferred" thing....

Pasta Giant Meatball 07-23-2013 10:00 AM

Looks like a bunch of shit at this point

SNR 07-23-2013 01:09 PM

It's not unusual for a QB class to get turned upside down on its ****ing head compared to preseason projections. Last year we were looking at some potentially intriguing talents in Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, Landry Jones (everybody had him highly ranked at this point last year), and Aaron Murray. EJ Manuel and Geno Smith were considered middle-round development guys not even in the same league as the top guys mentioned.

I see this year shaping out much the same way. The focus in general is on the names people have been talking about for one or two years like McCarron, Murray, Bridgewater, and Boyd. I think Bridgewater will be the top QB taken, and McCarron may wind up going in the first round. Other than that, it's just so rare to look at a QB in the preseason and say, "He could be a top guy in the class if he has a phenomenal year." No ****ing shit, Sherlock. If any QB has a phenomenal year, he is going to get looks from teams. The fact that the particular QB you're talking about hasn't shown you anything yet and you're waiting to see it in his senior season just might tell you that the QB isn't capable of doing it.

There are just too many of those kinds of guys in this year's class. Murray is maxed out and short. Boyd has yet to be consistently good over the entire course of a college season. Bridgewater will impress due to his size, and as long as McCarron doesn't ****ing suck, I think he'll be looked at by a desperate enough team (like the Chiefs for instance) as a possible option. QBs like Morris, Fales, and Mettenberger will be the ones who sneak into the top QB picture midway through the season and "surprise" people.

CoMoChief 07-23-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9828834)
Except for the whole "three inches shorter than preferred" thing....

Eh....that can be ignored w/ play action and 5-7 step drops.

He's every bit as big as Brees. Most sites have him listed 6'1/210lbs. Not a big frame obviously as what you'd like in a QB, but he's certainly bigger than our own backup QB that we overpaid for.

Certainly doesn't matter if you can play the position like I think he can.

CoMoChief 07-23-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9829460)
It's not unusual for a QB class to get turned upside down on its ****ing head compared to preseason projections. Last year we were looking at some potentially intriguing talents in Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, Landry Jones (everybody had him highly ranked at this point last year), and Aaron Murray. EJ Manuel and Geno Smith were considered middle-round development guys not even in the same league as the top guys mentioned.

I see this year shaping out much the same way. The focus in general is on the names people have been talking about for one or two years like McCarron, Murray, Bridgewater, and Boyd. I think Bridgewater will be the top QB taken, and McCarron may wind up going in the first round. Other than that, it's just so rare to look at a QB in the preseason and say, "He could be a top guy in the class if he has a phenomenal year." No ****ing shit, Sherlock. If any QB has a phenomenal year, he is going to get looks from teams. The fact that the particular QB you're talking about hasn't shown you anything yet and you're waiting to see it in his senior season just might tell you that the QB isn't capable of doing it.

There are just too many of those kinds of guys in this year's class. Murray is maxed out and short. Boyd has yet to be consistently good over the entire course of a college season. Bridgewater will impress due to his size, and as long as McCarron doesn't ****ing suck, I think he'll be looked at by a desperate enough team (like the Chiefs for instance) as a possible option. QBs like Morris, Fales, and Mettenberger will be the ones who sneak into the top QB picture midway through the season and "surprise" people.

Murray is maxed out? wtf does that even mean?

As far as height he's an inch taller than Drew Brees and 2 inches taller than Russell Wilson. Sure, you don't want some midget behind center, and the prototypical body for an NFL would be someone like Tyler Bray. But people look at height as a barrier of whether a QB will be successful in the NFL or not. Murray played in the SEC, and they're trench players are every bit as big as the ones you see in the NFL.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.