ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Marvel Heroes ARPG (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273103)

Bump 05-15-2013 08:00 PM

Marvel Heroes ARPG

Anyone playing the closed beta? I'm in and it's pretty damn fun. Haven't got very far because they have restricted times when I can play. But I'm looking forward to full release.

The action is fun, melee characters are very strong which is awesome.

Nothing beats playing a Diablo type game with Marvel characters for me.

Full release is June 4th for free. Earlier if you spend money, which I'm not going to.

hometeam 05-15-2013 08:01 PM

I played about ten minutes and logged out.

I have been in closed beta for months, but game felt clunky and i didnt get into it.

Convince me~

Bump 05-15-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9685333)
I played about ten minutes and logged out.

I have been in closed beta for months, but game felt clunky and i didnt get into it.

Convince me~

I dunno, I like it. Need to play more though for full judgement. But early on I think it's a blast.

hometeam 05-15-2013 08:04 PM

Seems like I get an email every day outlinging the hours available for play. It felt to me very similar to Path of Exile which was just like a clunky unpolished diablo, gameplay wise.

jspchief 05-15-2013 08:05 PM

*minor hijack

Just started playing marvel war of heroes on my phone. Pretty fun although not terribly friendly to the new player.

Bump 05-15-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9685341)
Seems like I get an email every day outlinging the hours available for play. It felt to me very similar to Path of Exile which was just like a clunky unpolished diablo, gameplay wise.

whaaat? PoE is awesome. I still play the shit out of that.

Maybe this genre isn't your thing.

Javabean 05-15-2013 08:35 PM

I love the Marvel IP but I'm not a huge fan of Diablo style games so I'm ambivalent about it.

I did buy one of the $20 hero packs, so I'll be playing at launch. If it'd been more of an actual MMO with Marvel heroes, I probably would've bought the $200 Founders pack.

Valiant 05-15-2013 09:15 PM

my buddy has been all the testing stages.. He keeps wanting to like it since he is a huge comic nerd.. but he says it is horrible and not fun at all, He loved diablo2, meh on 3, and liked poe, so when he said that, I was bummed..

What I want to see, is a mmofpsrpg kinda of like planetside, but make it in the gi joe universe..

or transformers universe but have the option of customization like city of heroes.

hometeam 05-16-2013 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9685356)
whaaat? PoE is awesome. I still play the shit out of that.

Maybe this genre isn't your thing.

I only have thousands of hours in d1/2/3 over the past 15 years~

poe skill system is pretty swee but the gameplay itself lacks polish, it is clunky compared to triple A d2/d3 .

Marvel felt the same way, though I did play it in the earliest beta stages.

jd1020 06-05-2013 12:37 PM

Downloaded it yesterday and booted it up today. Had issues with the infamous black screen after putting in my login info. Finally got in and of course its a bit laggy on my laptop but I'm still trying to figure out wtf to do with my power points. Don't know much about the game so I don't know whats good to have.

Beef Supreme 06-05-2013 02:42 PM

A friend gave me a beta key a while back before it went live. I was finished with it by the time I got done with the tutorial mission. Game sucks.

jd1020 06-05-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 9731141)
A friend gave me a beta key a while back before it went live. I was finished with it by the time I got done with the tutorial mission. Game sucks.

Meh... its impossible to judge a game when you only play it for the 10 mins it takes to get through the tutorial missions.

Javabean 06-06-2013 08:14 AM

I played it a little in beta and didn't like it much, but now that I've put in a good number of hours in live, I'm really enjoying it. The more I've played it, the more I've liked it, as the powers and combat complexity ramp up quite a bit from the initial experience.

Bump 06-06-2013 10:32 AM

after playing more, this game is trash. Sorry for posting it.

hometeam 06-06-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9732919)
after playing more, this game is trash. Sorry for posting it.

Apology accepted.