ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Obama Rand Paul hurts Obama's Feelings (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272212)

Chocolate Hog 04-17-2013 07:52 PM

Rand Paul hurts Obama's Feelings

"I've heard folks say that having the families of victims lobby for this legislation was somehow misplaced–a 'prop,' somebody called it," he said. "Are they serious? Do they really think that thousands of families whose lives have been shattered by gun violence don't have a right to weigh in on this issue? Do we think their emotions, their loss is not relevant to this debate?"

"So all in all, this was a pretty shameful day in Washington," he added.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...lies-as-props/
-

What a crybaby.

http://cdn.govexec.com/media/img/upl...2GE/medium.jpg

LiveSteam 04-17-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9597423)
"I've heard folks say that having the families of victims lobby for this legislation was somehow misplacedľa 'prop,' somebody called it," he said. "Are they serious? Do they really think that thousands of families whose lives have been shattered by gun violence don't have a right to weigh in on this issue? Do we think their emotions, their loss is not relevant to this debate?"

"So all in all, this was a pretty shameful day in Washington," he added.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...lies-as-props/
-

What a crybaby.

http://cdn.govexec.com/media/img/upl...2GE/medium.jpg

Linky no worky

ptlyon 04-17-2013 08:14 PM

They have a right to weigh in on the issue, absolutely.

They don't, however, have the right to try to take away my legal rights. The government has done that enough.

jettio 04-17-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9597537)

They don't, however, have the right to try to take away my legal rights. The government has done that enough.

Does the current background check system take away your rights?

RedDread 04-17-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9597537)

So I take it you're a convicted felon or mentally insane?

Count Zarth 04-17-2013 08:28 PM

Can't wait for this arrogant POS to leave office.

"you didn't do what I wanted, shame on you!!!"

ptlyon 04-17-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 9597585)
Does the current background check system take away your rights?

So then, if there is a current system in place, why new legislation?

jettio 04-17-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9597624)
So then, if there is a current system in place, why new legislation?

The point I am making is that the current system of background checks does not really take away your rights.

If you really read the bill and then contemplated how it might affect your rights, you might realize that you are exagerrating when you say that the shooting victims and their families are trying to take away your rights when they are advocating for changes that make it harder for crazy people to do mass shootings like the ones that affected them.

ptlyon 04-17-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedDread (Post 9597603)
So I take it you're a convicted felon or mentally insane?

I may be if you bastards try to infringe upon my rights.

I'm really sick of you people trying to impose what you think is right on law abiding citizens. You can't control what you think you can control,so just impose laws on everybody, just because you don't own a gun or think it's right.

Sickening.

ptlyon 04-17-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 9597644)
The point I am making is that the current system of background checks does not really take away your rights.

If you really read the bill and then contemplated how it might affect your rights, you might realize that you are exagerrating when you say that the shooting victims and their families are trying to take away your rights when they are advocating for changes that make it harder for crazy people to do mass shootings like the ones that affected them.

And that would have helped New Town how?

I understand people think something should be done. Great. Try. You aren't going to change it for crazy people or criminals, no matter what you do. Period. You only infringe on the rights of legal people in the process. Seems only people who aren't getting their rights infringed don't see that.

Raiderhader 04-17-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Except that the changes being advocated do not really make it harder for those people. They only make it harder for the people who actually follow the law.

nstygma 04-17-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

...make it harder for crazy people to do mass shootings like the ones that affected them.

would this legislation have prevented newtown or aurora?

jettio 04-17-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptlyon (Post 9597701)
And that would have helped New Town how?

I understand people think something should be done. Great. Try. You aren't going to change it for crazy people or criminals, no matter what you do. Period. You only infringe on the rights of legal people in the process. Seems only people who aren't getting their rights infringed don't see that.

Regards Newtown, the mother would likely still be a legal gun purchaser and I am don't know that Ryan Lanza's diagnosis would cause him to fail a background check.

But when it comes to Virginia Tech, Tucson and Aurora, those shooters had diagnosed serious mental illness and each purchased their guns and ammo right before they killed a lot of people.

There should be measures taken to prevent that. And those measures probably would have no effect on you.

jettio 04-17-2013 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9597724)
Except that the changes being advocated do not really make it harder for those people. They only make it harder for the people who actually follow the law.

What specifically would you have to do that you do not have to do now?

Raiderhader 04-17-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 9597811)
What specifically would you have to do that you do not have to do now?

I don't agree with what I have to do now. I already havit ib black and white that I have a right to own and carry firearms. The Constitution acknowledges this right.

Calling the government to get their ok for me to purchase one is at the very least redundant. At most, a complete overstepping of authority.