ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   U.S. Issues Elizabeth Warren thinks minimum wage should be $22/hour (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271337)

Taco John 03-20-2013 10:37 AM

Elizabeth Warren thinks minimum wage should be $22/hour
 
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...58328426_n.jpg

Wow. This woman is turning herself into a circus clown...

Bowser 03-20-2013 10:41 AM

Fantastic idea, except that gas would be $16/gal, and milk would be $45/gal.

Taco John 03-20-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9515863)
Fantastic idea, except that gas would be $16/gal, and milk would be $45/gal.

I always try to explain this to people who bring up the idea of a minimum wage. There's now a growing group of people who think we should be getting a "citizens salary." Just free money from the government for being citizens. Sure, on the face, if you know absolutely nothing about economics, it sounds like a great idea.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...82931614_n.jpg

KChiefer 03-20-2013 10:47 AM

She didn't say min wage should be $22/hr...

Comrade Crapski 03-20-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9515870)
She didn't say min wage should be $22/hr...

First harry reid, now this.

LMAO

patteeu 03-20-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9515863)
Fantastic idea, except that gas would be $16/gal, and milk would be $45/gal.

Then let's make it $40 an hour and that should take care of it.

BucEyedPea 03-20-2013 11:00 AM

Warren was imported into Mass to be their senator just as Hillary was imported into NY. This is how the left operates to put in such stupid economic policies. Warren is clueless bout productivity having gone up for starters. Unfortunately, as the govt schools churn out more socialists, who are in denial about being one, more people think their policies are good ideas. They never learned any economic history...'oops I mean history. Only the kind that worships the state taking care of them. KChiefer is a perfect example.

blaise 03-20-2013 11:30 AM

She didn't say that, but she did seem to be saying the workers would be entitled to it somehow.

alpha_omega 03-20-2013 11:40 AM

I certainly aint no Warren fan, but (as others have noted) that is not exactly what was said.

King_Chief_Fan 03-20-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9515870)
She didn't say min wage should be $22/hr...

but she is curious as to why it isn't.

Which just further proves her ignorance

Bewbies 03-20-2013 01:49 PM

Why stop there? If its good for the economy why not make the minimum wage $1,000/hr?

Taco John 03-20-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alpha_omega (Post 9515994)
I certainly aint no Warren fan, but (as others have noted) that is not exactly what was said.

Seems like a difference without distinction to me.

T-post Tom 03-20-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 9515906)
Warren was imported into Mass to be their senator just as Hillary was imported into NY. This is how the left operates to put in such stupid economic policies. Warren is clueless bout productivity having gone up for starters. Unfortunately, as the govt schools churn out more socialists, who are in denial about being one, more people think their policies are good ideas. They never learned any economic history...'oops I mean history. Only the kind that worships the state taking care of them. KChiefer is a perfect example.

"Socialists"? ...........Fremdscham.

FD 03-20-2013 02:22 PM

It seems like she is just asking why entry level wages have failed to keep up with labor productivity. In theory, wages should track labor productivity perfectly, and they have until about 30 years ago when they began to lag behind.

Its an important and interesting question and its far from settled. I suspect I would come to a different conclusion than her as to the answer, but pasting her question out of context and giving a misleading headline doesn't really get you anywhere.

gblowfish 03-20-2013 02:38 PM

I like her. She's the only one who's had the balls to put Wall Street's and the major banks feet to the fire. You go, girl.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:20 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.