ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Ankle Breaker Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Why Is Justin Bieber Hosting Saturday Night Live WTF? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269880)

houstonwhodat 02-09-2013 08:37 PM

Why Is Justin Bieber Hosting Saturday Night Live WTF?
 
I'm old school and grew up watching SNL in the 70's.

It has gotten progressively worse since the days of Chevy Chase, Belushi, Gilda, Jane, Garrett Morris, Aykroyd, etc.

With a few standouts along the way, Eddie Murphy, Mike Myers.

The only actor worth watching on there now is Bill Hader.

But I was checking the guide tonight and that little bastard Justin Bieber is hosting and I can't understand why.

Since when is this his demographic?

WTF SNL WTF?

Deberg_1990 02-09-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9390679)

It has gotten progressively worse since the days of Chevy Chase, Belushi, Gilda, Jane, Garrett Morris, Aykroyd, etc.

ROFL


I always laugh when people say SNL isnt funny anymore or hasn't been funny since ___insert your fave comedian_____

houstonwhodat 02-09-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9390688)
ROFL


I always laugh when people say SNL isnt funny anymore or hasn't been funny since ___insert your fave comedian_____

It has it's moments but for the most part the sketches are pretty lame.

HonestChieffan 02-09-2013 08:42 PM

SNL is still on? Really?

KCChiefsFan88 02-09-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9390692)
It has it's moments but for the most part the sketches are pretty lame.

Then don't watch it.

Problem solved.

Deberg_1990 02-09-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houstonwhodat (Post 9390692)
It has it's moments but for the most part the sketches are pretty lame.

In the 30+ years since the above mentioned left, there have been countless great comedians and sketches. Too many to list here. Is there lame stuff? Yes. Every year there is....but there was a lot of lame stuff with the original cast as well.

Guru 02-09-2013 08:46 PM

It tends to go in 4 year stretches. It's been a long time since the last 4 year stretch too.

houstonwhodat 02-09-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 9390698)
Then don't watch it.

Problem solved.


I'm always hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Usually I DVR it and FFW through the crap.

Sometimes they still have some decent musical guests.

BigRedChief 02-09-2013 09:06 PM

Beiber is trying to make the same career change that Timberlake did from boy band to respectable adult singer. Timberlake has been great on SNL. Some very funny skits. Can beiber do that? We will find out tonight.

There are always a good 1/2 hour of funny every week. It's skit comedy, not everything works.

houstonwhodat 02-09-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9390747)
Beiber is trying to make the same career change that Timberlake did from boy band to respectable adult singer. Timberlake has been great on SNL. Some very funny skits. Can beiber do that? We will find out tonight.

There are always a good 1/2 hour of funny every week. It's skit comedy, not everything works.

Timberlake was good on SNL.

I wish Mitch Hedberg would have lived long enough to make it on there.

RIP Mitch.

DJay23 02-09-2013 09:12 PM

There have been a few great musical performances this year. I don't know about tonight, but the Lumineers, fun., Bruno Mars, and Paul McCartney playing with Chris Novoselic and Dave Grohl was pretty cool. Those are the ones I watched that I remember. When I was a kid I usually didn't care too much for the music but now I look forward to it.

Next week's guest host is Christoph Waltz which I'm hoping is as good as it sounds.

Guru 02-09-2013 09:31 PM

OK, enjoying this superbowl skit so far. LMAO

SPchief 02-09-2013 09:35 PM

Opening skit was good

Guru 02-09-2013 09:36 PM

YOu know its the offseason now.

CrazyPhuD 02-09-2013 09:37 PM

Who is Justin Bieber????


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.