ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Economics What makes DC a cesspool? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269872)

Direckshun 02-09-2013 04:17 PM

What makes DC a cesspool?
 
A lighter topic for the weekenders among us:

What makes this forum a cesspool, in your eyes?

We often have people on CP claim that this forum is a cesspool, and they "don't even look in there."

What's keeping people out? What's wrong with this forum?

Pitt Gorilla 02-09-2013 04:21 PM

People attack the poster instead of the issue/post.

BucEyedPea 02-09-2013 04:23 PM

The tone, the mean-spiritness, discussing posters instead of issues. Even if you don't start that way, you become what you try to resist as a matter of survival. But some are quite mean.

However, some people just cannot deal with politics due to disagreement and probably avoid it for that reason.

lewdog 02-09-2013 04:44 PM

It is just like our political system..... lots of naming calling, very little actual listening and nothing ever gets accomplished because people cannot rationally judge another person's point of view.

Taco John 02-09-2013 04:45 PM

People disagree with me, thus this place is a cesspool.

mikey23545 02-09-2013 04:47 PM

Direckshun.

Direckshun 02-09-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taco John (Post 9389983)
People disagree with me, thus this place is a cesspool.

Are you implying there is nothing wrong with this forum?

FD 02-09-2013 05:28 PM

Its true in general that politics destroys the mind. Combine that with general internet nastiness and the over-representation of people with the strongest opinions, and you've got a cesspool.

Sully 02-09-2013 05:37 PM

It's simple...
If you support "x," then you support everything every person that has ever considered supporting "x" supports.

Added to...
If you disagree with "y" then you are a full blooded supporter of "z," and want to do nothing but rule my life!!!

Taco John 02-09-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9389996)
Are you implying there is nothing wrong with this forum?

I guess that depends on how each individual here perceives "wrong".

I certainly lament that there are a lot of wrong people on this forum.

theelusiveeightrop 02-09-2013 05:56 PM

Corruption.

chiefforlife 02-09-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9389874)
People attack the poster instead of the issue/post.

Thats short and sweet but pretty accurate.

If you like anything that Obama has tried to do, you are immediately labeled and belittled as some kind of moonbat, liberal extreme left communist, socialist big government idiot.

The Right seem to dominate this forum and I fall somewhere in the middle so its difficult to discuss topics without having to wade through all the name calling.

There are some very smart people on both sides of the isle in here which is why I still come in here but it would be nice to have discussions without all the nonsense.

Cephalic Trauma 02-09-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9389979)
It is just like our political system..... lots of naming calling, very little actual listening and nothing ever gets accomplished because people cannot rationally judge another person's point of view.

This.

Any disagreement is met with anger and an insult of the other's intelligence. It makes me wonder if there are actually people who choose to live their life like that.

HonestChieffan 02-09-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9389979)
It is just like our political system..... lots of naming calling, very little actual listening and nothing ever gets accomplished because people cannot rationally judge another person's point of view.

Done. Close the thread. Well said.

Aries Walker 02-09-2013 06:04 PM

It's a combination of

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9389874)
People attack the poster instead of the issue/post.

,

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9389979)
It is just like our political system..... lots of naming calling, very little actual listening and nothing ever gets accomplished because people cannot rationally judge another person's point of view.

, and

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefforlife (Post 9390218)
Thats short and sweet but pretty accurate.

If you like anything that Obama has tried to do, you are immediately labeled and belittled as some kind of moonbat, liberal extreme left communist, socialist big government idiot.

The Right seem to dominate this forum and I fall somewhere in the middle so its difficult to discuss topics without having to wade through all the name calling.

There are some very smart people on both sides of the isle in here which is why I still come in here but it would be nice to have discussions without all the nonsense.

That about sums it up.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.