ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Computers E-mail (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269700)

btlook1 02-05-2013 03:52 AM

E-mail
 
Got a new computer...whats everyone using for there main e-mail nowdays? Something free...used to use Eudora but it kinda sux. Anyone use the windows live? outlook is easy but don't have it on this computer...assume I can dl it somewhere? Suggestions? Thanks!

Guru 02-05-2013 05:21 AM

gmail

AussieChiefsFan 02-05-2013 05:48 AM

Email?

La literatura 02-05-2013 07:54 AM

Gmail.

Buehler445 02-05-2013 08:50 AM

I use gmail. Technically I have an account set up on our exchange server but I don't use it.

Fish 02-05-2013 09:05 AM

AOL. Still the best....

loochy 02-05-2013 09:13 AM

Do you mean email address or do you mean email software?

loochy 02-05-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9379537)
AOL. Still the best....

i still use my AOL address

Der Flöprer 02-05-2013 09:25 AM

Email these days is just admail outside of business accounts, and even then...

loochy 02-05-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9379582)
Email these days is just admail outside of business accounts, and even then...

It is? I use mine for quite a few things.

Der Flöprer 02-05-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9379622)
It is? I use mine for quite a few things.

Outside of sending a resume out, I can't think of anything I do with mine. My phone takes care of most everything for me these days, and it's rarely an email. But I do have an unusual type of job, and lifestyle I suppose considering where I live. What do you use your email for?

loochy 02-05-2013 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9379645)
Outside of sending a resume out, I can't think of anything I do with mine. My phone takes care of most everything for me these days, and it's rarely an email. But I do have an unusual type of job, and lifestyle I suppose considering where I live. What do you use your email for?

Order / tracking info

Event invitation and planning (appointment scheduling on calendar, etc)

Thread subscription notifications

Account and bank management (bill reminders, balance tracking, e-receipts, etc)

Fat Elvis 02-05-2013 10:06 AM

Windows live is now Outlook.com

I'm trying it out now and like it just fine. Windows Skydrive also gives you 7 GB of free online storage.

Der Flöprer 02-05-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9379653)
Order / tracking info

Event invitation and planning (appointment scheduling on calendar, etc)

Thread subscription notifications

Account and bank management (bill reminders, balance tracking, e-receipts, etc)

Interesting. Just in comparison, I use email for shopping which is why I referred to it as admail earlier. Everyone I know has Facebook so that usually is the forum for event invitations and planning. I don't subscribe to threads and I probably should subscribe to more, so I can respond to posts. I forget half the time. And I use a bank app for my banking, and pay everything online. I'd probably be better organized if I used my email more than I do.

Buehler445 02-05-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9379645)
Outside of sending a resume out, I can't think of anything I do with mine. My phone takes care of most everything for me these days, and it's rarely an email. But I do have an unusual type of job, and lifestyle I suppose considering where I live. What do you use your email for?

I run a business, but a shitload:
Online Billing
Stakeholder communications (landlords, suppliers, accountants, Insurance, etc)
Informal communications with external entities (regulators, IRS, etc)
Newsletters
I'm on a volunteer board that is spread out over the state and it is the only way we communicate.

Email is still very important part of my professional life. I could probably do without in my personal life, but without all the online accounts stuff, it would be tough.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.