ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Draft Planet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mock breakdown (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269661)

DenverChief 02-04-2013 12:37 AM

Mock breakdown
 
Just thought it would be interesting to see who has us drafting who in one spot

Bleacher report - Luke Joeckel
USA Today - Luke Joeckel
Chicagonow.com -Luke Joeckel
Walter football - Geno Smith
CBS Sports - Geno Smith
NFL.com - Luke Joeckel
FFtoolbox.com (5 mocks) Geno X3, Joeckel and Star Loutulelei
draftek.com -Luke Joeckel
footballfuture.com - Geno Smith
draftsite.com - Geno Smith
nflfutures.com - Geno Smith
sportingnews.com - Luke Joeckel
SI.com - Luke Joeckel
SBnation.com - Geno Smith


Interesting split - seems the "big boys" in the media think Luke Joeckel and the smaller fish think Geno. With the exception of CBS why do you think that is?

Mr_Tomahawk 02-04-2013 05:37 AM

Because the big-shots don't know shit...

Dave Lane 02-04-2013 06:50 AM

Because big shots think they know more than what the fans who care more about their teams do.

Dayze 02-04-2013 07:36 AM

if anything, the Super Bowl once again proved how important the QB position is. Both teams demonstrated this.

you get a QB you think has the skillset you want, and you tailor the offensive philosophy to those strengths. Aside from only a few straight up Pocket Passers, the pocket passer trait is on life support.

The only QBs I consider straight up Pocket Passers (in that, they have no shot outside of the pocket / needing to run.

P. Manning
E. Manning
Brady

CaptainMorgan 02-04-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9377109)
if anything, the Super Bowl once again proved how important the QB position is. Both teams demonstrated this.

you get a QB you think has the skillset you want, and you tailor the offensive philosophy to those strengths. Aside from only a few straight up Pocket Passers, the pocket passer trait is on life support.

The only QBs I consider straight up Pocket Passers (in that, they have no shot outside of the pocket / needing to run.

P. Manning
E. Manning
Brady

Uh...Flacco, Schaub, Ryan, Palmer can be added to that list. While a bit more mobile than Peyton and Brady, I'd also list Cutler, Brees, Fitzpatrick, Bradford and Stafford as pretty much pure pocket passers...

BossChief 02-04-2013 12:38 PM

They can't sign Albert soon enough.

wazu 02-04-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9377787)
They can't sign Albert soon enough.

I don't think they have any plans to even try to re-sign Albert.

htismaqe 02-05-2013 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9379097)
I don't think they have any plans to even try to re-sign Albert.

They've been talking to his agent for a week and a half.

Dayze 02-05-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan (Post 9377684)
Uh...Flacco, Schaub, Ryan, Palmer can be added to that list. While a bit more mobile than Peyton and Brady, I'd also list Cutler, Brees, Fitzpatrick, Bradford and Stafford as pretty much pure pocket passers...

i was mentioning them from the stand point of they have zero shot and scrambling from the pocke tot pick up yards. if they do they're lucky.

those other guys have enough wheels to make a few yards if they need to.

CaptainMorgan 02-05-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9379703)
i was mentioning them from the stand point of they have zero shot and scrambling from the pocke tot pick up yards. if they do they're lucky.

those other guys have enough wheels to make a few yards if they need to.

I hear ya, and I agree that having at least some decent mobility puts more pressure on the D and makes for a more dynamic player (that said I'd take an elite "pocket passer" over a mediocre passer with great wheels any day of the week).

However, looking simply at career ypc stats, there is really very little difference between E. Manning (1.9), P. Manning (2.0), Brady (1.9), Brees (1.9), Schaub (1.8), Palmer (1.7), Flacco (2.1), Rivers (1.5) and Ryan (2.5).

ncCHIEFfan 02-05-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9377787)
They can't sign Albert soon enough.

They may hold out on "officially" singing Albert until after the draft...helps with the draft poker-face:hmmm:

ncCHIEFfan 02-05-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9379097)
I don't think they have any plans to even try to re-sign Albert.

Got a reason for thinking this? :huh:

Dayze 02-05-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan (Post 9380045)
I hear ya, and I agree that having at least some decent mobility puts more pressure on the D and makes for a more dynamic player (that said I'd take an elite "pocket passer" over a mediocre passer with great wheels any day of the week).

However, looking simply at career ypc stats, there is really very little difference between E. Manning (1.9), P. Manning (2.0), Brady (1.9), Brees (1.9), Schaub (1.8), Palmer (1.7), Flacco (2.1), Rivers (1.5) and Ryan (2.5).

hmm . interesting. I didn't realize that.
I would've thought Mannings would have the least.

MahiMike 03-21-2013 07:51 PM

Geno in the 2nd?

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound1.asp

buddha 03-22-2013 01:33 AM

We have so much more draft leverage in potential trades if Albert is resigned before the draft.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.