ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV A good day to Die Hard (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268827)

Buehler445 01-12-2013 10:46 PM

A good day to Die Hard
 
Really? Another one?

At least it is getting an R Rating.

<iframe src="http://widgets.ign.com/video/embed/content.html?url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/10/26/a-good-day-to-die-hard-international-trailer" width="468" height="263" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DaneMcCloud 01-12-2013 10:59 PM

I thought the last one was ****ing awesome. Loved Justin Long and Tim Olyphant. I really dug the story, too. IMO, MUCH better than 2 or 3. They adapted it from a novel, so it was some script demanded by a Hollywood Honcho looking to save his job.

This should be badass as well.

KILLER_CLOWN 01-12-2013 11:03 PM

If Bruce Willis is in it..I'm there. Yessir awesome!

Deberg_1990 01-12-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9312370)
I thought the last one was ****ing awesome. Loved Justin Long and Tim Olyphant. I really dug the story, too. IMO, MUCH better than 2 or 3. They adapted it from a novel, so it was some script demanded by a Hollywood Honcho looking to save his job.

This should be badass as well.

The only true classic is the 1st one. But the other ones are a lot of fun too. I love this character and I love the way Willis plays it. I'm in.

Buehler445 01-12-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9312370)
I thought the last one was ****ing awesome. Loved Justin Long and Tim Olyphant. I really dug the story, too. IMO, MUCH better than 2 or 3. They adapted it from a novel, so it was some script demanded by a Hollywood Honcho looking to save his job.

This should be badass as well.

I liked the last one too, but there were some parts that were just TOO over the top. Whose idea was it to have McLain take down a ****ing fighter with a semi?

But yeah, I wish it was Rated R, and take some of it down a notch but I liked it.

DaneMcCloud 01-12-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9312386)
I liked the last one too, but there were some parts that were just TOO over the top. Whose idea was it to have McLain take down a ****ing fighter with a semi?

But yeah, I wish it was Rated R, and take some of it down a notch but I liked it.

Len Wiseman's idea. I think he's too over the top as well but I enjoyed the movie anyway. IMO, it was well done, Saturday afternoon escapism.

Hell, I wish I could say that about more movies these days.

DaneMcCloud 01-12-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9312381)
The only true classic is the 1st one.

But that could be said of 80% of the sequels ever made.

There are very few that live up to the expectations set by the original film.

Deberg_1990 01-12-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9312392)
But that could be said of 80% of the sequels ever made.

There are very few that live up to the expectations set by the original film.

Yep. Very true

ThaVirus 01-13-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9312370)
I thought the last one was ****ing awesome. Loved Justin Long and Tim Olyphant. I really dug the story, too. IMO, MUCH better than 2 or 3. They adapted it from a novel, so it was some script demanded by a Hollywood Honcho looking to save his job.

This should be badass as well.

I agree with this. That movie kicked ass.

NJChiefsFan 01-15-2013 02:47 AM

I really liked the last one as well. I guess I like 3 a lot more than some, at least the ones that posted so far.

Gravedigger 01-15-2013 04:48 AM

Sam Jackson and Willis worked perfectly together as black vs white, Justin Long did a good job as young vs old, I'm interested to see how his son and him play off one another.

Buehler445 01-15-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 9319903)
Sam Jackson and Willis worked perfectly together as black vs white, Justin Long did a good job as young vs old, I'm interested to see how his son and him play off one another.

I liked 3 better than 4. The whole all the gold in Fort Knox was a little campy, but a lot of it is.

Like I said before I wish 4 had been rated R. It would have been much better without trying to be PG-13 McClain.

Deberg_1990 01-15-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9322187)
I liked 3 better than 4. The whole all the gold in Fort Knox was a little campy, but a lot of it is.

Like I said before I wish 4 had been rated R. It would have been much better without trying to be PG-13 McClain.

I think the DVD cut of it was rated R. Probably just a few more colorful metaphors.

DaneMcCloud 01-15-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9322187)
I liked 3 better than 4. The whole all the gold in Fort Knox was a little campy, but a lot of it is.

Like I said before I wish 4 had been rated R. It would have been much better without trying to be PG-13 McClain.

I thought 2 and 3 were lame, which is why I was blown away by the last one.

modocsot 01-15-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 9312386)
I liked the last one too, but there were some parts that were just TOO over the top. Whose idea was it to have McLain take down a ****ing fighter with a semi?

But yeah, I wish it was Rated R, and take some of it down a notch but I liked it.

Agreed! What made John McClane's character cool was that he was a beat cop; although extraordinary, still a cop. Made you think while watching the first two (best Xmas movies BTW) that, "Yeah.... I think I can do that if I had to." The most hair-raising scene from 1 was when he bungee'd off the roof with a fire hose wrapped around his waist. I think I can do that too!

But, as JM did in 4, modocsot can't surf on a fighter jet. He did deliver my favorite line from that movie after beating Maggie Q's character, "Last time I saw her she was at the bottom of a elevator shaft with an SUV rammed up her ass." LOL! Ok, that scene was over the top too.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.