ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Adrian Peterson-rushing record (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268165)

displacedinMN 12-30-2012 09:08 AM

Adrian Peterson-rushing record

That is all the talk right now on local TV
Makes me want to hurl.

AP needs 208 yards to overtake Eric Dickerson.

Is it possible? Does anyone here care?
Or is it a chance to watch history.

Plus-the Vikes need to win to make the playoffs. Pack is playing for seeding.
Vikes fans jump on and off the wagon more than any fan base.

jd1020 12-30-2012 09:09 AM

Definitely possible.

Fighting for the playoffs and if they are going to make it its going to be on the legs of Peterson.

Will he do it? Doubt it.

lewdog 12-30-2012 09:15 AM

Have to root for AP. I think it is a great story considering how quickly he came back from that ACL injury. He injured it last December! That is really incredible. One of the best stories in the NFL this year. Hope he gets it.

OnTheWarpath15 12-30-2012 09:16 AM

After seeing what he's done this year, not even a full year removed from ACL/MCL surgery, I have a hard time doubting him.

Then again, you have to figure that GB is going to do everything in their power to stop him, even if that means giving Ponder some easy yards.

Tough call, but I'm going to say he breaks the 2K mark, but comes up short of Dickerson by about 40 yards.

Ceej 12-30-2012 09:27 AM

Hard not to root for the guy. He seems like a genuinely good guy.

How cool would it be to see him break Dickerson's record and Megatron surpass 2k receiving yards in the same day?

These are some of the things worth watching football today.

Dunerdr 12-30-2012 10:50 AM

Am i the only one who thinks our own charles would have been in this hunt with a real coordinator? Or a qb that didnt go full reerun in the face of adversity? Jamaal played poorly until the NO game and still had several games with sigle digit carries.

KCrockaholic 12-30-2012 10:53 AM

I hope he hits 2,000 But I don't think the record is in reach.

jd1020 12-30-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 9251169)
Am i the only one who thinks our own charles would have been in this hunt with a real coordinator? Or a qb that didnt go full reerun in the face of adversity?

Yes.

boogblaster 12-30-2012 10:55 AM

Hope he gets it .. Dickerson was a asshole .....

Shaid 12-30-2012 11:11 AM

He'll get 2k but I don't see him getting the record. He needed a better week last week. I mean, it's still very possible. One or two long runs is all that's needed but I just think they will get into a game where they need to throw more because the Packers are starting to heat up and the Vikings will need to stay with them.

Pin Head 12-30-2012 11:22 AM

E.D. was soft, he didn't punish people. He ran high and wore too many extra pads. His favorite play was the toss so he could try and outrun defenders wi thout getting hit. A.P. is a totally different beast. This guy has fight in him - he doesn't shy away from contact (racing around the end to avoid getting hit.) A lot of AP's runs are right into the heart of the defense.

beach tribe 12-30-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 9251169)
Am i the only one who thinks our own charles would have been in this hunt with a real coordinator? Or a qb that didnt go full reerun in the face of adversity? Jamaal played poorly until the NO game and still had several games with sigle digit carries.

I know you dont hear shit about it, but Charles' ypc record is the most impressive rushing stat. To lead the next guy, who happens to be jim Brown and then Barry who both retired in their prime by that much, without a passing game nonetheless, just blows my mind.

AussieChiefsFan 12-30-2012 01:30 PM

Be great to see if he can do it

displacedinMN 12-30-2012 05:11 PM

91 in first half

now only up by 3

Shag 12-30-2012 05:12 PM

Just surpassed 2k. Needs about 100 more to break the record...