ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   I am re-evaluating my political opinions (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266806)

Saul Good 11-19-2012 09:40 AM

I am re-evaluating my political opinions
 
I have come to the conclusion that it's time for me to reconsider all of my political positions. Most of my opinions have been held for so long that they are more habit than anything, so now I am going to attempt to start from scratch and see where the endeavor takes me.

Obviously, the best way to form political opinions is by consulting bitter football fans on an internet message board, so let's do this. Somebody start me off. Pick an issue and tell me why I should be on your side.

La literatura 11-19-2012 09:53 AM

You should support the removal of faces from our paper and coin currency. Current practices support distorted heroism, cultism, and idolatry. In the waning Roman empire, symbols of Rome's greatness were eventually replaced with personal greatness. Please support my position of placing symbols of America on our currency, such as the eagle, lady liberty, natural landmarks, etc. These symbols enhance pride in the meaning of what America stands for: independence, freedom, and beauty.

Brainiac 11-19-2012 09:57 AM

I think it's smart to consider, reconsider, and consider again your political opinions your entire life. The issues that are important to me change over time, and I would think that would be true for most (obviously not all) people.

The left-wing and right-wing zealots will say that's wishy-washy. I prefer the terms reasonable and pragmatic.

A Salt Weapon 11-19-2012 09:59 AM

You should support domestic violence.
Posted via Mobile Device

BucEyedPea 11-19-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9132897)
I think it's smart to consider, reconsider, and consider again your political opinions your entire life. The issues that are important to me change over time, and I would think that would be true for most (obviously not all) people.

The left-wing and right-wing zealots will say that's wishy-washy. I prefer the terms reasonable and pragmatic.

For me, freedom is reasonable and pragmatic—because it works. Therefore, I say restore the Constitution.

La literatura 11-19-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 9132923)
For me, freedom is reasonable and pragmatic—because it works. Therefore, I say restore the Constitution.

How many premises were left out in this post? At least 10?

dirk digler 11-19-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9132897)
I think it's smart to consider, reconsider, and consider again your political opinions your entire life. The issues that are important to me change over time, and I would think that would be true for most (obviously not all) people.

The left-wing and right-wing zealots will say that's wishy-washy. I prefer the terms reasonable and pragmatic.

I agree.

Taco John 11-19-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Too (Post 9132836)
I have come to the conclusion that it's time for me to reconsider all of my political positions. Most of my opinions have been held for so long that they are more habit than anything, so now I am going to attempt to start from scratch and see where the endeavor takes me.

Obviously, the best way to form political opinions is by consulting bitter football fans on an internet message board, so let's do this. Somebody start me off. Pick an issue and tell me why I should be on your side.

Start here:
http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Man.../dp/0446537527

And here:
http://www.amazon.com/End-Fed-Ron-Paul/dp/B004IEA4DM/

patteeu 11-19-2012 10:35 AM

I liked you just the way you were.

Saul Good 11-19-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 9132878)
You should support the removal of faces from our paper and coin currency. Current practices support distorted heroism, cultism, and idolatry. In the waning Roman empire, symbols of Rome's greatness were eventually replaced with personal greatness. Please support my position of placing symbols of America on our currency, such as the eagle, lady liberty, natural landmarks, etc. These symbols enhance pride in the meaning of what America stands for: independence, freedom, and beauty.

America stands for beauty?

La literatura 11-19-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Too (Post 9133059)
America stands for beauty?

Natural beauty? Hell yes. Our country has some beautiful geography, and we protect that.

Saul Good 11-19-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9133037)
I liked you just the way you were.

I'm still going to be an all round swell guy.

La literatura 11-19-2012 10:44 AM

You should become an environmentalist with me. Love for resources > exploitation.

Saul Good 11-19-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Literature (Post 9133062)
Natural beauty? Hell yes. Our country has some beautiful geography, and we protect that.

Oh, okay. I've considered your position carefully, and I've decided "meh". I don't really care either way. I won't do anything to support your cause in word nor deed, but neither will I work against it.

La literatura 11-19-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Too (Post 9133073)
Oh, okay. I've considered your position carefully, and I've decided "meh". I don't really care either way. I won't do anything to support your cause in word nor deed, but neither will I work against it.

YOU ARE EITHER WITH THE SYMBOLIC-CURRENCY-ONLY-MOVEMENT OR AGAINST US.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.