ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   D.C. (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Racial Slurs (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266713)

Mr. Flopnuts 11-17-2012 05:58 AM

Racial Slurs
 
We're having some posts being reported for the use of racial slurs in this forum. While it is widely known that there is some racism that goes on in this forum, those users have found a way to dance around the issue enough that the majority of moderators of this website have deemed the behavior fine for now.

It's really not okay to me at all. I don't believe that people of color should be subjected to that shit over political affiliations. That said, I'm a firm believer in a majority consensus so it is what it is at this point.

That said, overtly racial slurs will result in bannings. It is a bullet point in the TOS of this website, and not much is out of bounds. One user has already been banned, and another one has been warned. If you insist on trying to dance around racist comments, please be prepared for a vacation if you use a term that is deemed racist by the moderators. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Mr. Flopnuts 11-17-2012 05:59 AM

I'm going to leave this stickied for the weekend.

BigRedChief 11-17-2012 06:29 AM

I have posted a lot about the unnecessary personal attacks on this board. Just because its DC doesn't mean you are allowed to insult to just insult.

We can get in peoples faces, tell them their ideas or opinions are really stupid, idiotic etc be as harsh as you desire. But IMHO we can and should refrain from personal attacks. Attack the idea/position, not the person.

blaise 11-17-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9124640)
I have posted a lot about the unnecessary personal attacks on this board. Just because its DC doesn't mean you are allowed to insult to just insult.

We can get in peoples faces, tell them their ideas or opinions are really stupid, idiotic etc be as harsh as you desire. But IMHO we can and should refrain from personal attacks. Attack the idea/position, not the person.

That's a moronic opinion. How ****ing idiotic.

patteeu 11-17-2012 07:23 AM

When you say "dance around", I assume you mean they don't actually say racist things, but instead say things that a racist might say and that Mr. Flopnuts imagines have hidden racist meanings. Right?

patteeu 11-17-2012 07:24 AM

BTW, I think that anyone who says "people of color" should be banned and I've reported the original post.

patteeu 11-17-2012 07:26 AM

Is there a list of unacceptable slurs anywhere? When we have an official filter that creates the word "pillowbiter" it's really hard to know where the line is drawn. BTW, speaking of filters, I would think that the filter could protect us from these offensive words. Is there something more offensive about the word "raghead" than "pillowbiter"?

patteeu 11-17-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9124640)
I have posted a lot about the unnecessary personal attacks on this board. Just because its DC doesn't mean you are allowed to insult to just insult.

We can get in peoples faces, tell them their ideas or opinions are really stupid, idiotic etc be as harsh as you desire. But IMHO we can and should refrain from personal attacks. Attack the idea/position, not the person.

That's not a DC thing. Have you ever visited the Lounge?

BigRedChief 11-17-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9124668)
That's a moronic opinion. How ****ing idiotic.

thats the spirit :thumb:

Mr. Flopnuts 11-17-2012 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9124693)
When you say "dance around", I assume you mean they don't actually say racist things, but instead say things that a racist might say and that Mr. Flopnuts imagines have hidden racist meanings. Right?

No. The posts are being reported. So it's not just me. Thanks for the vote of confidence though Pat. Sorry the one drum I beat is acceptable to you. That's the way it goes sometimes.

Donger 11-17-2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9124622)
I don't believe that people of color should be subjected to that shit over political affiliations.

Why are you limiting that to just colored people? Are slurs against non-colored people (e.g., White) acceptable?

patteeu 11-17-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9124706)
No. The posts are being reported. So it's not just me. Thanks for the vote of confidence though Pat. Sorry the one drum I beat is acceptable to you. That's the way it goes sometimes.

I didn't mean to suggest that you're the only one who let's their imagination run wild. Political correctness is a widespread problem.

I don't have a problem with a ban on slurs, but I think they should be listed somewhere so that people are on notice. And I don't think people should be able to get away with calling people pillowbiters or honkies or white trash or redneck or uncle tom if we're going to be so sensitive to raghead or camel jockey or person of Hispanic heritage. I don't think I use any of those words as slurs, but it's hard to draw a line without coming across as favoring one group over another (Arabs over gays, for example). I think the list of banned slurs should be really short, but whether it's long or short, once you have a list, why not just put a filter in and leave it at that?

blaise 11-17-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9124696)
That's not a DC thing. Have you ever visited the Lounge?

Probably more of it in the lounge, if anything.

3rd&48ers 11-17-2012 08:19 AM

Can we still talk shit about Obama or is that racist?

jspchief 11-17-2012 09:07 AM

So vailpass is on notice.

And now we get to read endless posts from people pretending the rules around here are just too abstract for them to fully comprehend. They think they are being clever and subtle about getting all butthurt.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.