||11-16-2012 09:28 PM
BossChiefs Week 10 Mock Draft
1. Geno Smith - This team could absolutely explode with this kid under center. He is smart, battle tested and posses all the tools it takes to develop into an elite NFL quarterback that could be the catalyst of this Chiefs team taking it up a couple notches.
2. TJ McDonald, S, USC - Put this kid at SS and move Berry to FS and this could be a top 5 safety duo in the league quickly. The kid hits like a mack truck, has the size and violent temperament it takes to be highly effective in the box and has the instincts to be good in coverage, too.
3. Stedman Bailey or Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia - I dont know how these kids drops to the third round, but it seems that scouts arent as high on them as I am and I would love to get either at this point of the draft. They have the skill set to be play makers at the next level and I would JIMP to get them with a 3rd rounder.
3b (supplemental pick for Brandon Carr) Micah Hyde, CB, Iowa - I know, I know. He is a hawakeye, but to try to discredit the kid because of the school he played for would be silly. He has the size, temperament and skill set to play at the next level, and play well. He has a knack for getting his hands up in time to break up passes and plays well in zone and man coverage.
4. Landry Jones, QB, OK - I really dont like this kid at all, but there has to be something about Stanzi that I dont see that is keeping him from the field and Landry Jones would be a good backup/developmental guy to battle it out with Stanzi to be the top backup. Honestly, I see the kid being there at this point of the draft, too. He has some serious flaws, but is a good value here.
5. Shayne Skov, ILB/OLB, Stanford - If this kid falls this far due to injury concerns, he would be an absolute steal and I think its possible that happens. He is a stout kid that can drop back and cover a zone while also being able to play extremely well coming downhill. He has solid leadership abilities that we need, too.
6. Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin - We need linebackers because we are so shallow in the middle. This kid can be a thumper as well as a guy that can drop and doesnt take many false steps so he is usually in place to make a play.
7. Quinn Sharp, P, Oklahoma State - Its likely that this dumbass team is gonna let Dustin Colquit walk due to cost after this year and thats a real shame because he is a stud, but then again, he is only a punter. This kid is intriguing because he is a quality punter, but also is one of the better kick off guys in college football and also doubles as the teams place kicker and that could be helpful if someone ever gets a late hit on Succop and we need a kicker for a stretch.