ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Misc Google and Dish to partner on new wireless provider? (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266695)

WoodDraw 11-16-2012 02:55 PM

Google and Dish to partner on new wireless provider?
 
http://arstechnica.com/business/2012...eless-service/

Yes, please...

vailpass 11-16-2012 04:08 PM

The next thing Dish does well will be the first.

Donger 11-16-2012 04:19 PM

Does either Google or Dish have their own cellular infrastructure?

Guru 11-16-2012 04:23 PM

I'm sure it will be drastically overpriced monthly fees as well.

WoodDraw 11-16-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 9123947)
Does either Google or Dish have their own cellular infrastructure?

No, but Dish has a shit load of spectrum that is going unused. And Google has cash...

I'm a bit skeptical, but I wouldn't be surprised to see something. They could even try to partner with a company like Tmobile.

Google has a big interest in making sure that mobile remains opens and affordable. The current powers, not so much.

Pants 11-17-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9123950)
I'm sure it will be drastically overpriced monthly fees as well.

Why do you say that? Google is offering free internet (5Mbps) for life after a one-time fee of $300 or you can opt to pay $25/mo for a year instead. Hardly a money-grubbing tactic.

Guru 11-17-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9124583)
Why do you say that? Google is offering free internet (5Mbps) for life after a one-time fee of $300 or you can opt to pay $25/mo for a year instead. Hardly a money-grubbing tactic.

I'll hope for the best but I have yet to see a good cell phone contract.

I would be all over that internet offer if they had only come to Topeka,

KILLER_CLOWN 11-17-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9124596)
I would be all over that internet offer if they had only come to Overland Park,

fixed it for me.

Pants 11-17-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9124596)
I'll hope for the best but I have yet to see a good cell phone contract.

I would be all over that internet offer if they had only come to Topeka,

They will eventually. I'm just saying that Google doesn't seem like a money-grubbing bastard company.

durtyrute 11-19-2012 02:06 PM

give your life to Google

WoodDraw 01-24-2013 02:43 PM

http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/23/39...sh-partnership

htismaqe 01-24-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9125053)
They will eventually. I'm just saying that Google doesn't seem like a money-grubbing bastard company.

ROFL

Really?

They're quietly collecting info about EVERY facet of your life. Why do you suppose that is?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.