ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   The Ed & Dave Lounge (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Anyone else have this really, really bad feeling... (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266569)

bobbything 11-13-2012 08:25 AM

Anyone else have this really, really bad feeling...
 
...that we're not going to draft a QB in the 1st? The more talk there is of it, the less likely I think it will happen. It's on national news now after that sh*t-show last night (even with Gruden's sack-licking display of Cassel man-love).

Gotta bad feeling about this offseason. We'll finish with 3-4 wins, get the #5 pick, draft a corner, release Breaston, bring in Welker because he has history with Cassel, draft a QB in the 3rd again, let him duke it out with Stanzi in camp for the 2nd spot.

Meanwhile, Pioli releases Crennel and hires Mangini.

Hoover 11-13-2012 08:27 AM

Nope, there is no way this team could pass on a 1st round QB.

loochy 11-13-2012 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9114820)
Nope, there is no way this team could pass on a 1st round QB.

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i57/5/10/8...srs-62bd4c.jpg

DaKCMan AP 11-13-2012 08:31 AM

http://b2finc.com/blog/wp-content/up...doomed-pic.jpg

Molitoth 11-13-2012 08:31 AM

With all of the national attention now and fan backlash against Cassel, Pioli will draft a QB just to save his job. I guarantee you that Clark steps in and forces Pioli to draft a QB in the first round.

Now, will it be Landry Jones? =/

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9114814)
...that we're not going to draft a QB in the 1st? The more talk there is of it, the less likely I think it will happen. It's on national news now after that sh*t-show last night (even with Gruden's sack-licking display of Cassel man-love).

Gotta bad feeling about this offseason. We'll finish with 3-4 wins, get the #5 pick, draft a corner, release Breaston, bring in Welker because he has history with Cassel, draft a QB in the 3rd again, let him duke it out with Stanzi in camp for the 2nd spot.

Meanwhile, Pioli releases Crennel and hires Mangini.

I don't think there is any way we take a QB with the first draft pick. I am betting we take Jones, Milner, or Te'o.

I think we take a QB with our second pick of the draft and I think that pick will be a first rounder. We'll move back into the first imo.

So yes, we will take a first round QB.

bobbything 11-13-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9114820)
Nope, there is no way this team could pass on a 1st round QB.

I honestly, in my heart of hearts, believe that Pioli is egocentric enough to pass on it. The more people tell him he has to, the less likely he is to do it.

If we have the #5 pick or lower, I don't think we do it.

durtyrute 11-13-2012 08:33 AM

I think we'll draft one, but not the one that many on here expect us too. My bad feeling comes from the thought that there is not one person on this staff that I trust to develop said QB.

Woodchuck 11-13-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9114841)
I honestly, in my heart of hearts, believe that Pioli is egocentric enough to pass on it. The more people tell him he has to, the less likely he is to do it.

If we have the #5 pick or lower, I don't think we do it.

Personally, I don't think it has anything to do with Pioli. I think 9 out of 10 GMs would pass on a QB if they are picking #1 in this draft class. The QBs just aren't that good. I guess we will see how it shakes out?

Rausch 11-13-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9114814)
...that we're not going to draft a QB in the 1st? The more talk there is of it, the less likely I think it will happen. It's on national news now after that sh*t-show last night (even with Gruden's sack-licking display of Cassel man-love).

Gotta bad feeling about this offseason. We'll finish with 3-4 wins, get the #5 pick, draft a corner, release Breaston, bring in Welker because he has history with Cassel, draft a QB in the 3rd again, let him duke it out with Stanzi in camp for the 2nd spot.

Meanwhile, Pioli releases Crennel and hires Mangini.

It doesn't matter who we draft if Pioli is still here...

bobbything 11-13-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9114844)
Personally, I don't think it has anything to do with Pioli. I think 9 out of 10 GMs would pass on a QB if they are picking #1 in this draft class.?

What? Odds are that if you're in the #1 overall spot, your biggest need is QB. Even the #1 QB in a poor QB draft is still worth taking at that position. People drafting #1 aren't there because they need Tyson Jackson.

DaKCMan AP 11-13-2012 08:37 AM

Over the last 15 years a QB has been drafted #1 overall 80% of the time.

ChiefMojo 11-13-2012 08:38 AM

We will draft a QB!

Predarat 11-13-2012 08:38 AM

once they get rid of shit head polly I will feel much better.

loochy 11-13-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 9114862)
once they get rid of shit head polly I will feel much better.

This.

I really really think he might pass.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.