Mock Draft - First Round
Based on current NFL Standings (prior to games today)
1. Kansas City Chiefs
- Geno Smith, QB; WVU
- No brainer. If KC doesn't draft Smith, they should automatically lose the franchise.
2. Cleveland Browns
- Jarvis Jones, OLB; UGA
- Cleveland pass rush is abyssmal.
3. Jacksonville Jaguars
- Barkevious Mingo, OLB/DE; LSU
- Jaguars pass rush is the worst in the NFL. Mingo is a natural talent.
4. Carolina Panthers
- Starlite Lotulelei, DT; Utah
- Star is capable of dominating in any scheme.
5. Oakland Raiders
- Matt Barkley, QB; USC
- Palmer is a 10 year vet with his best years behind him.
6. New Orleans Saints
- John Hankins, DT; Ohio State
- Solidifies the interior for the Saints.
7. Detroit Lions
- DeMarcus Milliner, CB; Alabama
- Horrible secondary is holding this team back.
8. St. Louis Rams
- Luke Joeckel, OT; Texas A&M
- Bradford needs quality protection. Seriously. They signed Fece Richardson.
9. St. Louis Rams
- Chance Warmack, OG; Alabama
- See above.
10. Tennessee Titans
- Manti Te'o, LB; Notre Dame
- Titans stink defensively and Te'o is a beast and leader.
11. New York Jets
- Sam Montgomery, DE/OLB; LSU
- Horrible team with zero pass rush.
12. Cincinnati Bengals
- CJ Mosely, LB; Alabama
- Will help at any LB position.
13. Buffalo Bills
- Tyler Wilson, QB; Arkansas
- Like the Chiefs, the Bills are questioning their decision to give Fitz big money.
14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Johnthan Banks, CB; Mississippi State
- Dog crap secondary. Banks is a stud.
15. Philadelphia Eagles
- Demontre Moore, DE/OLB; Texas A&M
- Eagles have no pass rush.
16. Indianapolis Colts
- Bjoern Werner, DE; Florida State
- Animal who is just learning the nuances of the game. Huge upside.
17. Miami Dolphins
- Barrett Jones, OL; Alabama
- Can play all five OL positions at a very high level.
18. Dallas Cowboys
- John Jenkins, DT; Georgia
- Cowboys struggle in making stands.
19. Pittsburgh Steelers
- Eric Reid, S; LSU
- Polamalu is becoming more and more injury prone.
20. San Diego Chargers
- Keenan Allen, WR; California
- Chargers receiving corps are terrible.
21. Denver Broncos
- Xavier Rhodes, CB; Florida State
- Big, nasty defensive back can take over for Bailey.
22. Seattle Seahawks
- Justin Hunter, WR; Tennessee
- Wilson needs better targets.
23. Arizona Cardinals
- Taylor Lewan, OT; Michigan
- Cards can't block anyone.
24. Green Bay Packers
- Tyler Eifert, TE; Notre Dame
- A big safety net for Rogers.
25. New England Patriots
- Jesse Williams, DT; Alabama
- Wilfork is slowing down.
26. Minnesota Vikings
- Robert Woods, WR; USC
- Ponder needs another receiving threat other than Harvin.
27. San Francisco 49ers
- Terrance Williams, WR; Baylor
- Depth is needed as evidence by bringing in Moss for the '12 season.
28. Baltimore Ravens
- Alec Ogletree, LB; Georgia
- Lewis may be done. A reach, but they have to get the best LB available here.
29. New York Giants
- John Cooper, OG; North Carolina
- Giants need help on the interior.
30. Chicago Bears
- Dion Jordan, DE; Oregon
- Jordan is athletic enough to play down or up in either a 43 or 34.
31. Houston Texans
- DJ Fluker, OT; Alabama
- Massive, mauling right tackle.
32. Atlanta Falcons
- Alex Okafor, DE; Texas
- BPA is the successor to Abraham.
Lions won't be drafting at #7 IMO. I would also expect Jordan from Oregon to rise up draft boards.
Eric reid has been cloned...
Not bad... I think Banks and Te'o probably go in the top 10. I'm not sure Geno Smith is the #1 pick just yet but, he could be. There is no way a guard goes in the top 10. Jenkins could go much earlier if someone switches to the 3-4 defense. He is an experienced 3-4 NT. Also, Lotulelei gets alot of love but, I dunno about teams taking a guy from Utah in the top 5 again. Who is he going against? Teams might be weary of the tape. Good job...
Let's fix that.
Lotulelei was voted as the top lineman in the Pac 12 last year (actually tied in votes with Kalil) as a junior. He manhandled USC two games ago. He's freakish strong and could play in any scheme at a number of positions. He's the best DT in this draft.
Honestly, I forgot about Utah playing in the pac-12. ROFL That changes everything and the competition is there. As a result, there will be good tape to watch on Lotulelei . My bad...
two OL in the top 10?
holy crap I would off myself if I were a Rams fan
|All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:00 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.