ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Our d-line is just disappointing. Time to start over again. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263465)

Bump 09-10-2012 11:28 AM

Our d-line is just disappointing. Time to start over again.

#5 overall
#3 overall
#11 overall

with all of our money tied into the d-line. The future of our franchise is pretty much determined by these 3 guys. We failed at that and I'm afraid we are going to have to start over....again.

Sure they are ok at stopping the run. But they make no difference when we need players to make a damn difference. They didn't get any sort of push yesterday. Didn't make any plays other than a few good run stops. But when the pressure is on and we need guys to step it up, they will never do that. Don't give me that excuse that d-linemen in this defense aren't gonna get stats and their jobs is to free the OLB's. I've seen plenty of 3-4 defenses where the d-line can step it up and make a play when it's needed. These guys just cannot, of course the verdict is still out on Poe and he did have that one good tackle...

And also, who the **** drafts 3 d-lineman in 5 years in the first round?

Teams that fail do that. If you are gonna build your team around a defensive line, then they better ****ing be able to do something like the Giants d-line. I don't see much difference in the defense when Dorsey and TJax are out and replaced by their backups who were late round picks.

honestly, I think we are going to have to start over again. But if it's not going to be done right, what's the ****ing point? We are going to battle for that #1 pick and honestly, I hope we lose every game this season just to get it. Start over. Do it right. Draft your skill positions in the first round. Starting with QB of course.

L.A. Chieffan 09-10-2012 11:29 AM

Its not the talent its the coaching. PUKE

The Franchise 09-10-2012 11:30 AM

Dorsey will be gone after this season.

What they need to ****ing do is start getting Poe snaps at DE and Powe snaps at NT.

This regime is so deadset on not admitting mistakes that they're setting back this franchise.

Rausch 09-10-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8898047)
Dorsey will be gone after this season.

What they need to ****ing do is start getting Poe snaps at DE and Powe snaps at NT.

I would LOVE this...

Xanathol 09-10-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8898041)
Don't give me that excuse that d-linemen in this defense aren't gonna get stats and their jobs is to free the OLB's. I've seen plenty of 3-4 defenses where the d-line can step it up and make a play when it's needed.

You fail at football.

Mr. Laz 09-10-2012 11:31 AM

3-4 2 gap system

the Dline is NEVER going to look impactful unless you get lucky and grab a Reggie White.

the scheme is meant to unleash the linebackers

it's also meant to blitz

tk13 09-10-2012 11:32 AM

The D-line is important. The idea of spending 1st round picks on it isn't crazy. However, when the Pats did it they got guys like Seymour and Wilfork. The Chiefs haven't.
Posted via Mobile Device

Black Bob 09-10-2012 11:33 AM

I don't get it. The d-line was probably the strongest area yesterday. They were very good. Turner got like thirty something yards. Ryan never got off a deep pass even though we only brought 3-4 guys all day. Romeo wasn't blitzing very much. I saw him send five guys three times yesterday.

Dorsey might be gone next year but, yesterday was definately not his fault at all. The whole Powe oveer Poe crap is bullshit. Last week it was "poe can't stop the run" and he killed it yesterday. He was in the backfield stopping the run.

This thread is bad.

Mr. Laz 09-10-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 8898057)
The D-line is important. The idea of spending 1st round picks on it isn't crazy. However, when the Pats did it they got guys like Seymour and Wilfork. The Chiefs haven't.
Posted via Mobile Device

it isn't crazy but it's very difficult

If you don't get an elite,elite guy you end up with much the same production as you would with 'just a guy'

Deberg_1990 09-10-2012 11:34 AM

The Chiefs shouldnt be spending top picks on players that are not "Playmakers". Dorsey and Jacksons production is about on par with any typical 3rd or 4th rounder.

The Franchise 09-10-2012 11:34 AM

What type of 3-4 do the Texan's run?

J.J. Watt seems to be more of an attacking 3-4 DE.

mcaj22 09-10-2012 11:35 AM

im really glad Pioli did a bang up job for this team only having 1 good LBer for this d-line to "unleash"

and the guy was already gifted to him on the roster when fat Scott got here. Burn in hell Scott you fat ****

mcaj22 09-10-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8898065)
What type of 3-4 do the Texan's run?

J.J. Watt seems to be more of an attacking 3-4 DE.

they run the Dallas the 3-4

Jay Ratliff is an attacking/penetrating d-lineman as well

We could probably do that scheme with a guy like Dorsey, but again RAC's defense dates back to the ****ing stone age and is outdated by like 350 years

L.A. Chieffan 09-10-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8898066)
im really glad Pioli did a bang up job for this team only having 1 good LBer for this d-line to "unleash"

and the guy was already gifted to him on the roster when fat Scott got here. Burn in hell Scott you fat ****

Houston is pretty good

Rausch 09-10-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 8898066)

We have two probowl LB's.

BOTH WERE HURT.