ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Irrational worries. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254101)

Rain Man 12-22-2011 10:27 PM

Irrational worries.

Sometimes when I reach up in a cabinet to get a bowl on a high shelf, I wonder if a tarantula is in the bowl and will either bite my hand or fall out onto my upturned face.

Does anyone else worry about this?

Demonpenz 12-22-2011 10:31 PM

I think you are rich (bmw) so every fear you have is probably healthy, keeps you running marathons and not dead. Good work.

Gonzo 12-22-2011 10:32 PM

I sometimes have a concern that there's something in my shoe before I put it on...

Does that apply here?

kcfanintitanhell 12-22-2011 10:32 PM

I'd worry more about the spiders you don't see...those subtle little bastards, like the brown recluse...are there tarantulas in CO? But, after having had that scenario set for a bit, yea, broke into a light sweat.

Demonpenz 12-22-2011 10:33 PM

I thought about today setting up a shotgun to blow off someones head if they try to break into my apt, but I decided that a guard spider would work better.

FAX 12-22-2011 10:33 PM

I have the tarantula in the high bowl problem too.

Plus, whenever I go to sleep I'm afraid I'll wake up without any arms.

FAX

Reerun_KC 12-22-2011 10:34 PM

I worry that KC will accept Orton as the QBoTF

cdcox 12-22-2011 10:36 PM

Two weeks ago, Colts fans had irrational worries about losing out on Luck. Now they have a tarantula on their face.

CosmicPal 12-22-2011 10:36 PM

I was worried about the lights hovering above my house the past few nights. And then someone told me that Christmas is this Sunday and I thought it was still September.

FAX 12-22-2011 10:40 PM

There was this girl I knew in Carmel who read a lot of Carlos Castaneda books. She told me that, if you're going to die, Death will appear over your left shoulder. It kind of freaked me out and I worried about it for a long time. I was always sort of looking over both shoulders in case she was wrong.

Then, this one time, she peeked over my left shoulder to see what I was doing with my hands and I instinctively reacted with my right fist and smacked the living crap out of her face.

FAX

BigMeatballDave 12-22-2011 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 8229680)
I worry that KC will accept Orton as the QBoTF

I worry you don't understand the difference between future and present :)

blaise 12-22-2011 11:40 PM

I have a blade for a food processor that I keep on the top shelf of a cabinet. It's like the sharpest thing in the world. Sometimes I think it sits there, waiting for the day when it can fall on me.

FAX 12-23-2011 01:30 AM

I don't have the food processor blade falling on me problem. Thank God.

But, sometimes I worry that one day I'll be on ChiefsPlanet and somebody will say something that makes perfect sense, then I'll click on a link and I'll immediately be transferred to a freaky web site with spinning spirals in rainbow colors that instantly hypnotize you and then a spooky, low voice says ... "Remove your clothing ... Remove your clothing ... Go to the kitchen ... Go to the kitchen ... Take the peanut butter from the pantry shelf .... Yes, I said the peanut butter ... Now spread the peanut butter on your nutsack ... That's right ... Now go into the street ... Now dance like a chicken ... Yes, I said dance like a chicken ... No ... Not like Jim Morrison ... Like a chicken ... Chick ... en ... Good ... Now keep dancing until the police arrive ..."

FAX

007 12-23-2011 01:33 AM

I've always had this feeling that stairs will eventually kill me.

Phobia 12-23-2011 01:41 AM

I have an irrational fear of white, non-descript people wearing suicide bombs. The least they could do is put on a kefijeh or something as a warning. Don't suicide bombers have any sense of diplomacy?