ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Computers Google+ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=246626)

KevB 06-29-2011 09:27 PM

Google+

Has anybody tried it, and do you have any invites?

DaFace 06-29-2011 09:38 PM

I signed up to try and get one, but nothing so far. It sounds intriguing at least. At least far more so than Buzz.

The Rick 06-29-2011 11:45 PM

If anyone has any invites they'd be willing to share...please send one my way! Thanks in advance!

rmcmillin [at] gmail [dot] com

BigMeatballDave 06-30-2011 12:01 AM

No invite. I don't know anyone on it or has received an invite.

listopencil 06-30-2011 12:04 AM

http://mashable.com/2011/06/29/google-plus-invites/

wazu 06-30-2011 12:22 AM

Impression from their own marketing material - Seems to me like it muddies the waters by identifying you by your "Google Account" which you may or may not already have or care about. Or maybe you have several. Rather than just approaching it as an independent site asking for whatever e-mail you care to provide and granting you a brand new account. Could be wrong. Also doubt the whole "circles" thing. People are narcissists, they want to talk to the whole group and be able to excuse it as just being part of the program. Let them select certain groups and it suddenly becomes e-mail distribution lists.

DMAC 06-30-2011 07:37 AM

I loathe facebook for the very reason that I now avoid cameras. Every time my picture is taken, I know the whole world will see me and what I was doing then.

I like the idea of the circles. You can create a circle of "the float trip we just went on" or "chiefs game" or just "close friends", that doesnt include your parents, for instance, or your pastor or something.

Just sounds a little more personal. It's on the right track.

Deberg_1990 06-30-2011 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 7722772)
I loathe facebook for the very reason that I now avoid cameras. Every time my picture is taken, I know the whole world will see me and what I was doing then.

I like the idea of the circles. You can create a circle of "the float trip we just went on" or "chiefs game" or just "close friends", that doesnt include your parents, for instance, or your pastor or something.

Just sounds a little more personal. It's on the right track.

You dont have to let the whole world see your pics or what you are doing on FB, but they dont exactly make it easy for users to control their security settings.

DMAC 06-30-2011 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7722794)
You dont have to let the whole world see your pics or what you are doing on FB, but they dont exactly make it easy for users to control their security settings.

But still every single one of ones "friends".

NewChief 06-30-2011 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMAC (Post 7722802)
But still every single one of ones "friends".

No. You can create groups of your "friends" in the same way circles works and disallow viewing of certain aspects of your information (photos, wall posts, tags, etc) for certain groups. It's not very intuitive in the way it works, but it does work. Once you create groups, then when you add a friend it gives you the option to add that fried to a group.

luv 06-30-2011 08:16 AM

A friend of mine posted the following on his facebook:

okay so I never got an invite for Google+ but I just went to google.com/+ and was able to join. hooray.

|Zach| 06-30-2011 08:17 AM

From a privacy stand point with stuff like DMAC is talking about I don't think there is anything Google is doing that will make that less of a factor. But FB has decent tools to control stuff like that. Only publishing to certain groups of people avoiding being tagged...etc.

|Zach| 06-30-2011 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 7722837)
A friend of mine posted the following on his facebook:

okay so I never got an invite for Google+ but I just went to google.com/+ and was able to join. hooray.

Doubt it.

|Zach| 06-30-2011 08:19 AM

I got an invite but am still getting an over capacity message.

It is weird the app works on my android phone but I can't get into the platform online.

luv 06-30-2011 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 7722839)
Doubt it.

Doubt what?