ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Shameless (Showtime) (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241033)

Fruit Ninja 01-31-2011 04:55 PM

Shameless (Showtime)
 
Anyone seen this show? its ****ed in every way, but i love it.

blazzin311 01-31-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7396516)
Anyone seen this show? its ****ed in every way, but i love it.

Agreed. Definitely one of my new favorite shows on television. Great dialogue, great storylines (though it's stilll a bit hard to pinpoint from episode to episode where it's going) and great acting too. William H. Macy was tailor made for this role I think. Best character I've seen him play yet. The rest of the cast do a fine job of portraying their eccentric characters also. Very refreshing show really.

Fruit Ninja 01-31-2011 05:07 PM

lol Everything this family does and everyone around them just do everything wrong, but its just good tv. They got into one hell of a situation with that little Kid and pulled it off like a champ.

CosmicPal 01-31-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7396531)
lol Everything this family does and everyone around them just do everything wrong, but its just good tv. They got into one hell of a situation with that little Kid and pulled it off like a champ.

The blonde chick in the bathtub scene was awesome. :drool:

It's the epitome of a dysfunctional family trying to make ends meet with the eldest sibling making sure they pay their bills on time, get to school on time, etc. while having to deal with an alcoholic father who abandons them- not out of love, but because he's consumed by his own disease. The kids make a strong case for what a family should be when they don't have parents and they don't have money. A very good show indeed.

Fruit Ninja 01-31-2011 05:29 PM

or when she bent over and the dad was like wtf eating his muffin. haha

I cant wait to see where they take that storyline. It may end up all ****ing bad, because this show just goes that way.

CosmicPal 01-31-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7396572)
I cant wait to see where they take that storyline. It may end up all ****ing bad, because this show just goes that way.

I don't think he will succumb to her intentions though. This is a family in a messed up situation that is trying to do the right thing. He didn't act upon her sexual invitation because he knew it was the wrong thing to do. For once in his life, he's getting awesome cooking, a warm bed to sleep, and a sexual partner that has some pretty weird demands and habits. But he'd rather take her toys up the ass just to have a warm bed, great food, and a chair by the TV where none of his kids are bothering him. That is why he didn't jump into the tub with her. It was a true test of his will.

MatriculatingHank 01-31-2011 05:42 PM

Alot of Brits are up in arms over us "Yanks" ripping off yet another of their TV series. "Shameless" premiered on British Channel 4 back in 1994. Just like "The Office", the events in US version is following the UK version practically scene for scene.
Here's Episode 1 Season 1 UK style:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2hy_jQZ7w8

KcMizzou 01-31-2011 09:11 PM

Just finished the 3rd episode. This show's great.

okcchief 01-31-2011 09:16 PM

I like the show a lot so far. I'm not sure where they are taking it which is a good thing.

Fruit Ninja 02-01-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatriculatingHank (Post 7396603)
Alot of Brits are up in arms over us "Yanks" ripping off yet another of their TV series. "Shameless" premiered on British Channel 4 back in 1994. Just like "The Office", the events in US version is following the UK version practically scene for scene.
Here's Episode 1 Season 1 UK style:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2hy_jQZ7w8

i dont really give a crap about if the Brits are getting pissy, the writers sold their show to the US, so they should ****ing be pissed at them not us. They are in season 8 anyways.

This show is just fun.

Red Brooklyn 02-01-2011 02:56 PM

My friend writes for the show, so I'm glad people are responding well. Early reviews were not kind. I still haven't seen it, but it's nice to hear people are loving it.

Tribal Warfare 02-01-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 7396552)
The blonde chick in the bathtub scene was awesome. :drool:

It's the epitome of a dysfunctional family trying to make ends meet with the eldest sibling making sure they pay their bills on time, get to school on time, etc. while having to deal with an alcoholic father who abandons them- not out of love, but because he's consumed by his own disease. The kids make a strong case for what a family should be when they don't have parents and they don't have money. A very good show indeed.

I wasn't sure to either to be aroused or disgusted by it. Such conflicting emotions :D

big nasty kcnut 02-01-2011 03:28 PM

Its a good show as long as it don't get too serious.

Fruit Ninja 02-01-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 7398434)
I wasn't sure to either to be aroused or disgusted by it. Such conflicting emotions :D

The actress that plays that character is 23 years old. Be aroused! lol

Tribal Warfare 02-01-2011 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7398504)
The actress that plays that character is 23 years old. Be aroused! lol

thank god, that was a close one


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.