ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Home made wings and sauce recipes......... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=217947)

Kylo Ren 11-11-2009 09:03 AM

Home made wings and sauce recipes.........

Well, here's our 3rd thread about wings. My first thread was about where to find good wings. GoChiefs thread was about how to suck good wings. This thread is about how to make good wings at home. After reading several posts, I'm interested in making my own wings and sauce at home. It's sounds fairly easy. I guess, as with anything, you can start simple and make more and more complex recipes. So, post 'em here.

From what I've gleaned, one can simply season some wings, bake them at 450 for 40 min, then apply sauce. Is that as simple as it gets?

I'd like to learn to make several flavors of wings, like Buffalo Wild Wings has on there menu.

I'm getting hungry.

MOhillbilly 11-11-2009 09:32 AM

see my post in the where to find good wings about 1st and second sauce.

second sauce FOR WINGS i use the texas petes sauce recipe and then add a 1/2 cup of arthur bryants sweet heat.

Kylo Ren 11-11-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 6253214)
see my post in the where to find good wings about 1st and second sauce.

second sauce FOR WINGS i use the texas petes sauce recipe and then add a 1/2 cup of arthur bryants sweet heat.

Well, there's our first recipe. Thanks!

Whoarethechefs 11-11-2009 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here you go =)

sedated 11-11-2009 10:05 AM

I bake my wings for 40 minutes at 450, and I flip them after 25 or 30 minutes. Frying is of course best to crisp the skin, but this is easier for me to bake and seems healthier. I don’t really season them before cooking, the sauce will do that.

Most people just use Franks (or some other hot sauce) and butter for the sauce. I’ve had that a million times, so I get a little more creative now. The sauce I made last night was Franks, lime juice, teriyaki sauce, honey, ginger powder, garlic powder, cumin, chipotle powder, and smoked paprika. But you can go as simple or as complex as you are motivated for. Sometimes I throw in some brown sugar, or basil, or whatever is lying around.

I bet there are a ton of sauce recipes on the web. Another option is to use BBQ sauce, and KC masterpiece, while shitty on actual BBQ, is pretty good on wings. I bought one called “tangy and spicy” or something like that, and its pretty serviceable.

jackkked 11-11-2009 10:09 AM

Try this....I use a polla asada seasoning with lot's of garlic and fire them on the grill over medium heat, rotating often than finish them off with Ken's steakhouse buffulo wing sauce.

Simply Red 11-11-2009 10:13 AM

you know honestly what makes a good sauce? This-->

Durkee Hot sauce
2 - ounces worshire sauce
melted stick or margerine
dash white pepper
couple packets of sugar in the raw
dried oregano leaf (a must!)

simmer for half hour

MOhillbilly 11-11-2009 10:15 AM

durkee makes a hot sauce? where?where?where?

Simply Red 11-11-2009 10:17 AM

it's under the 'Franks Red hot' label at stores, i think.

DJ's left nut 11-11-2009 10:37 AM

I'v taken to grilling my wings and they're fantastic.

First I'll sprinkle some Cavendars greek seasoning on them, then a little bit of Wham! creole seasoning.

I cook them over indirect heat until they're close to ready, but you have to keep turning them so it's a task best done while sitting around drinking beer - don't expect to be able to leave and return.

Once they're close to done, take them off and throw your vents open to get your fire as hot as it will go. Put them back on over direct heat but only for a minute or so; turn constantly. You'll crisp up the skin a little bit that way.

Take them inside, put em in a bucket of hot sauce and toss to coat. I usually take Franks that I've had simmering in garlic while I was grilling.

They're healthier, the cleanup's easier and ultimately you can't go wrong with that little bit of barbecue taste thrown in with the hot wings. I was a hardcore 'fried' wings guy, but the grilled ones have really grown on me.

Demonpenz 11-11-2009 10:44 AM

Franks hot sauce makes wing sauce as well, never tried it because i thought franks hot sauce WAS wing sauce, but oh well. I like to put just make buffalo breasts or theighs as well. I don't have time to be lickying wings. Also make sure you wash hands before masterbating hotsauce isn't good near your peee hole

bevischief 11-11-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 6253372)
Franks hot sauce makes wing sauce as well, never tried it because i thought franks hot sauce WAS wing sauce, but oh well. I like to put just make buffalo breasts or theighs as well. I don't have time to be lickying wings. Also make sure you wash hands before masterbating hotsauce isn't good near your peee hole

ROFLROFL

Simply Red 11-11-2009 10:53 AM

sure, any hot sauce can/could be used as 'wing sauce'

this is the one, here--> http://i33.tinypic.com/353e7ww.jpg

I like to use this one as the base, and take it from there. FWIW

bkkcoh 11-11-2009 10:57 AM

I use a variety of hot sauces, but I also put some seasoning in with the flour before I fry them up.

Simply Red 11-11-2009 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkkcoh (Post 6253421)
I use a variety of hot sauces, but I also put some seasoning in with the flour before I fry them up.

http://i34.tinypic.com/2nvvtw2.jpg