ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Great Sandwiches from CP (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=210954)

mlyonsd 07-27-2009 04:47 PM

Great Sandwiches from CP

So I'm eyeballing the first tomato I have starting to ripen on the vine and can't wait to be able to pick it. That gave me a thought.

What are some of the best CP homemade sandwiches out there?

I love BLT's but have decided this one is a great variation:

Grilled cheese with bacon and tomato. I take good bread, buttered, and grill open faced, with cheese on each slice. Both American and Cheddar work well. I put a home grown tomato slice on one side (patted dry) and bacon on the other. Slap the two sides together and grill for another 30 seconds or so on both sides. Served with a good soup it makes a great evening meal.

So, what great sandwich ideas are out there on CP? Please note I plan on opening a B&B someday and just might use your ideas. :)

keg in kc 07-27-2009 04:50 PM

This should be interesting. I see much antifreeze and poop in your future.

MoreLemonPledge 07-27-2009 04:56 PM

An antifreeze poop sandwich. It's two pieces of poop with antifreeze in the middle. Microwave for 1 minute and enjoy.

cdcox 07-27-2009 04:56 PM

1. Grilled salami and hot pepper cheese on rye bread.

2; Leftover meatloaf on any bread with some good mustard. Good cold or grilled.

3. Leftover beef roast (oven) pulled apart with mayo and salt.

Donger 07-27-2009 04:57 PM

The Jam Sandwich: take two pieces of bread, jam them together.

keg in kc 07-27-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 5928821)
3. Leftover beef roast (oven) pulled apart with mayo and salt.

We call that the "oral sex after ejaculation".

mlyonsd 07-27-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 5928813)
This should be interesting. I see much antifreeze and poop in your future.

If it tastes good I don't care.

Donger 07-27-2009 04:59 PM

My favorite sandwich is leftover baked ham, sliced thinly with a dab of mayo and sharp cheddar cheese, slightly toasted in a torpedo roll.

blaise 07-27-2009 05:03 PM

Italian sausage, with sliced capicola on top, lettuce, tomato, and oil & vinegar on a hoagie bun.

Dice tomato and cucumber, and a little mayo and some dill and mix together. Make turkey and cheese sandwich and spread the cucumber/tomato mixture on the bread.

the Talking Can 07-27-2009 05:04 PM

baguette (or other crusty bread)
roast beef (cold) (pop for some boar's head, at least)
goat cheese (generous amounts)
fresh ground black pepper (a ton)
pinch of kosher salt

straight forward, mouth watering, meat loving satisfaction...

mlyonsd 07-27-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 5928834)
My favorite sandwich is leftover baked ham, sliced thinly with a dab of mayo and sharp cheddar cheese, slightly toasted in a torpedo roll.

If it makes the menu we'll call it the 'Longer Donger' since it's on a torpedo roll.

Rain Man 07-27-2009 05:06 PM

Grilled cheese with bacon and tomato? That's sheer brilliance. I like grilled cheese. I like bacon and tomato. But I've never thought about combining the two. I may have to have that for dinner tonight.

Donger 07-27-2009 05:06 PM

What does goat cheese taste like? I love cheese, but it along with head cheese, I've never tasted.

Donger 07-27-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlyonsd (Post 5928849)
If it makes the menu we'll call it the 'Longer Donger' since it's on a torpedo roll.

Just make sure you don't over do the mayo, or jokes might be made about ejaculation and such.

Rain Man 07-27-2009 05:08 PM

Goat cheese is pretty good. It's got a soft and grainy texture, and has a little bit of a tang to it. I can't think of a cow cheese that's similar.