ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Belichick is the Anti Herm (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=174942)

Dave Lane 11-20-2007 08:10 AM

Belichick is the Anti Herm

Up by 28 he went for it twice on 4th down. He said "I really in that situation don't want to kick a field goal".

Not sure if there are any differences in results :rolleyes: but sometimes not playing to lose does pay off it appears.

Dave

Mecca 11-20-2007 08:40 AM

Belichick is all about being the best and rubbing it in your face at how good they are...

Before Herm had coached 1 game here all he did was talk about how wrong it was of Vermiel to run up the score on Cincy.

Pushead2 11-20-2007 08:42 AM

**** herm enough said.

FloridaMan88 11-20-2007 08:44 AM

The Belichick approach has led to 3 Super Bowl wins and one of the most explosive offenses in NFL history.

The Herm approach has led to a career sub-.500 record and bringing an offense that was ranked #1 in the NFL just 2 seasons ago down to one of the worst offenses in the league.

Zouk 11-20-2007 08:48 AM

Did he play that way in Cleveland without Brady?

Mecca 11-20-2007 08:53 AM

They built that Pats team with smart savvy moves....something the Chiefs front office still hasn't figured out......

You think the Pats would have given LJ that contract...I think we all know what the answer is.

FloridaMan88 11-20-2007 08:58 AM

This is why the Clark Hunt needs to do whatever it takes to bring Scott Pioli to KC.

I know Pioli has already rejected other offers that would seem to make more sense for him to move on to, but maybe the Chiefs can put together the ultimate golden carrot to lure him to KC (a big $$$$$ contract, complete control of the franchise, a lifetime supply of free Arthur Bryant's BBQ, etc).

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-20-2007 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88
This is why the Clark Hunt needs to do whatever it takes to bring Scott Pioli to KC.

I know Pioli has already rejected other offers that would seem to make more sense for him to move on to, but maybe the Chiefs can put together the ultimate golden carrot to lure him to KC (a big $$$$$ contract, complete control of the franchise, a lifetime supply of free Arthur Bryant's BBQ, etc).

Perhaps Pioli really isn't the "genius" behind that franchise, and that's why he doesn't want to leave.

DaKCMan AP 11-20-2007 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane
Up by 28 he went for it twice on 4th down. He said "I really in that situation don't want to kick a field goal".

Not sure if there are any differences in results :rolleyes: but sometimes not playing to lose does pay off it appears.

Dave

Finish his quote. He said he felt that kicking field goals is just tacking on points at that point. He said going for it on 4th down gave the other team a chance to stop them from scoring.

What a benevolent fellow.

DaKCMan AP 11-20-2007 09:12 AM

People in KC wont even give Herm a chance.

Belicheck in his first 3 years in NE went 5-11, 11-5 and 9-7.

In year 2 when he "discovered" Tom Brady after Bledsoe went down they started 0-2. That year they ranked 19th in total offense and 24th in total defense.

If we hired Belicheck after what he did in Cleveland you all would be damning him just the same.

FringeNC 11-20-2007 10:19 AM

Belichick is the anti-Herm because he actually plays the percentages -- such as going for it on 4th and short. Herm is so risk-averse he has no chance playing against guys like Belichick, who, you know, actually understand things like expected value.

Herm is a old-school zealot -- the evidence be damned. He's going to play not-to-lose no matter what.

DaKCMan AP 11-20-2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC
Belichick is the anti-Herm because he actually plays the percentages -- such as going for it on 4th and short. Herm is so risk-averse he has no chance playing against guys like Belichick, who, you know, actually understand things like expected value.

Herm is a old-school zealot -- the evidence be damned. He's going to play not-to-lose no matter what.

It's a lot easier to go for it on 4th and short when you have a 28 point lead. I'd be interested to see if Belicheck's decision making differs when the score is close.

Bowser 11-20-2007 10:22 AM

ARENA BALL!

FringeNC 11-20-2007 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP
It's a lot easier to go for it on 4th and short when you have a 28 point lead. I'd be interested to see if Belicheck's decision making differs when the score is close.

Belichick has ALWAYS done that. He'll go for it on 4th down in his own territory in a tie-game.

Reerun_KC 11-20-2007 05:29 PM

Belicheck = god

Herm = satan

Besides, Belicheck said in a pregame conference that the war is already won before the battle is even fought when you play Herm..

It is easier for Herm to play his style and lose, then it is to actually play NFL football and try to win.

Herm is lazy and doesnt want to put the effort into winning.. It takes way to much effort and foresight. Herm has neither and it shows up on game days.