ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   High School Reunions (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159527)

007 03-09-2007 06:05 AM

High School Reunions

I have a 20 year EDIT now its the 30 year coming up but I was kind of an outsider in my class.

I am curious how many of you have attended their class reunion, whether it be 10, 15 or 20 years and if you enjoyed it.

EDIT

Also, I would really like to hear from the people that were the "less popular" if you know what I mean. Not troublemakers or jerks just not among the mainstream crowd.

Miles 03-09-2007 06:11 AM

http://tcal.net/images/fight/grosspointblank.jpg

They all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they've all made themselves a part of something and they can talk about what they do. What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?"

007 03-09-2007 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles
http://tcal.net/images/fight/grosspointblank.jpg

They all have husbands and wives and children and houses and dogs, and, you know, they've all made themselves a part of something and they can talk about what they do. What am I gonna say? "I killed the president of Paraguay with a fork. How've you been?"

I saw that movie the other night. Funny stuff.

headsnap 03-09-2007 06:15 AM

the 20 is a blast. Had mine two summers ago... Blue Valley High(when there was only one) grad.

Mile High Mania 03-09-2007 06:16 AM

Yeah, I went to my 10 year high school reunion and in 2 years we'll have our 20th. It was a good time. I still talk to 5-7 good friends from high school and see them 2-3 times a year.

KC Jones 03-09-2007 06:40 AM

Along these lines, do you bring your spouse to the reunion?

I missed my 5,10, & 15 but think I will try to make the 20 in two years.

StcChief 03-09-2007 07:16 AM

Worth it to see the once hot cheerleader fat with 5 kids.

BagoobaChief 03-09-2007 07:29 AM

I went to my 10 yr, the a$$hats were still a$$hats and the preppies were still preppies, nothing changed. I graduated in a class of 350 and didn't really have a "group" that I fit in, I worked from 3-11pm most of my senior year but had about 4-5 good friends that I did things with. At our graduation there were a whole lot of kids that I didn't even know who they were or thought they were in a different graduating class.

I don't think that I regret going to my 10 yr but I didn't really enjoy it. My 25 yr came and went last year, don't regret not going at all, have a totally different set of friends now, so there was no one that I feel I missed out on seeing.

MOhillbilly 03-09-2007 08:13 AM

ive never got an invite,ive lived at the same place since 79.

i dont think they like me.:)

PastorMikH 03-09-2007 08:15 AM

As far as I know, my class only had reunions at 5 and 10 years. Those consisted of a kegger party and for the 10 year they stepped it up to a kegger and a hog roast on the 10 year.

Not really something I'm interested in.

The wife went to her 20th. We both had a good time with it for the most part.

kc rush 03-09-2007 08:20 AM

I skipped my 5 because I didn’t see the point of paying to go to an event where I was going to hang out with my friends that I’ve been hanging out with since high school anyway.

I went to my 10 and regretted it. It was cool to see some people that I hadn’t seen in a while, but there were too many people trying to impress each other. The food was horrible, the event was overpriced, the DJ was someone’s dad who was playing cassettes (even though CDs had been around for well over 10 years).

I skipped 15 because I hated the 10th, but I will probably go to my 20th to see how people have changed.

Mr. Plow 03-09-2007 08:23 AM

Went to my 10 year last summer. It was a good time. Our graduating class was only 35 or so. Most of the guys in our class were, and still are, a fairly close bunch.

Nearly none of the girls showed up - except the couple of cool ones. We began at my parents house, kind of the hang out spot in high school. Ate bbq, swam in the pool, had a keg. Afterwards, we took off for the bars.

It was fun, even though I swore up and down that I would not go to it.

seclark 03-09-2007 08:24 AM

i was class president, so it was my job to plan the class reunions.

had a 5th...so-so. got drunk and the wife drove me home

had the 10th...kinda boring. got drunk the the wife drove me home.

had the 15th...got drunk and announced it would be the last one i would plan and they could all gf themselves. then the wife drove me home.

if they had a 20th and 25th, i sure don't know anything about it.

buncha f@ckin losers, anyway.
sec

stevieray 03-09-2007 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seclark
i was class president, so it was my job to plan the class reunions.

had a 5th...so-so. got drunk and the wife drove me home

had the 10th...kinda boring. got drunk the the wife drove me home.

had the 15th...got drunk and announced it would be the last one i would plan and they could all gf themselves. then the wife drove me home.

if they had a 20th and 25th, i sure don't know anything about it.

buncha f@ckin losers, anyway.
sec

ROFL

greg63 03-09-2007 08:27 AM

You forgot the: "I attended and have never had a second thought about it." option.