ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Early 2017 Positional Rankings (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299913)

staylor26 05-16-2016 01:29 PM

Early 2017 Positional Rankings

QB
1. Deshaun Watson, Clemson
2. Brad Kaaya, Miami
3. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma St.
4. Chad Kelly, Ole Miss
5. Luke Faulk, Washington St.
6. Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
7. Joshua Dobbs, Tennessee

RB
1. Leonard Fournette, LSU
2. Christian McCaffrey, Stanford
3. Dalvin Cook, FSU
4. Nick Chubb, Georgia
5. Royce Freeman, Oregon
6. Samaje Perine, Oklahoma
7. Corey Clement, Wisconsin
8. Jalen Hurd, Tennnessee
9. Kareem Hunt, Toledo
10. Wayne Gallman, Clemson
11. Shock Linwood, Baylor

WR
1. Mike Williams, Clemson
2. Corey Davis, Western Michigan
3. JuJu Smith-Schuster, USC
4. Malachi Dupre, LSU
5. Jehu Chesson, Michigan
6. K.D. Cannon, Baylor
7. Simmie Cobbs, Jr., Indiana
8. Travin Dural, LSU
9. Cooper Kupp, Eastern Wasington
10. Stacy Coley, Miami
11. Gabe Marks, WR, Indiana

TE
1. O.J. Howard, Alabama
2. Jake Butt, Michigan
3. Evan Engram, Ole Miss
4. Jordan Leggett, Clemson

OT
1. Cam Robinson, Alabama
2. Roderick Johnson, FSU
3. Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame
4. Zach Banner, USC
5. Casey Tucker, Stanford

OG/C
1. Ethan Pocic, LSU
2. Pat Elflein, Ohio St
3. Kyle Kalis, Michigan

DL
1. Jonathan Allen, Alabama
2. Malik McDowell, Michigan St.
3. Caleb Brantley, Florida
4. Carlos Watkins Clemson
5. DeMarcus Walker, FSU
6. Elijah Quals, Washington
7. Montravius Adams, Auburn

EDGE
1. Myles Garrett, Texas A&M
2. Carl Lawson, Auburn
3. Charles Harris, Missouri
4. Devonte Fields, Louisville
5. Derek Barnett, Tennessee
6. Tim Williams, Alabama
7. Lewis Neal, LSU
8. Kemoko Turay, Rutgers
9. Vine Biegel, Wisconsin
10. Joe Mathis, Washington

LB
1. Jarrad Davis, Florida
2. Raekwon McMilan, Ohio St.
3. Reuben Foster, Alabama
4. Jalen Reeves-Maybin, Tennessee
5. Skai Moore, South Carolina
6. Kendell Beckwith, LSU
7. Tanner Valejo, Boise State

CB
1. Desmond King, Iowa
2. Jalen Tabor, Florida
3. Marlon Humphrey, Alabama
4. Quincy Wilson, Florida
5. Sidney Jones, Washington
6. Tre'Davious White, LSU
7. Cordrea Tankersley, Clemson
8. Cameron Sutton, Tennessee
9. Corn Elder, Miami

S
1. Eddie Jackson, Alabama
2. Jamal Adams, LSU
3. Jabril Peppers, Michigan
4. Shalom Luani, S, Washington St.
5. Armani Watts, Texas A&M
6. Josh Harvey-Clemons, Louisville
7. Quin Blanding, Virginia
8. Tony Conner, Ole Miss
9. Marcus Maye, Florida
10. Budda Baker, Washington
11. Max Redfield, Notre Dame
12. Orion Stewart, Baylor

O.city 05-16-2016 01:53 PM

I'd imagine chiefs 2017 draft could or should look like

QB
Edge
Wr

DJ's left nut 05-16-2016 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12233327)
I'd imagine chiefs 2017 draft could or should look like

QB
Edge
Wr

Depending on discussions with Fisher, OT could easily be on the list, as could safety. Additionally, even with Jones, DL wouldn't be a complete shocker as Poe and Howard will be at/near FA and Bailey will start getting expensive (when he kinda stalled last year). If LDT, Fulton or Reid don't prove themselves, even G could be high on the list (and that's assuming Erhinger shows something).

Eh...probably way too early to really start guessing.

Some core players are going to start falling off soon enough and the depth will be tested. We have to see what we have there before we know what to pursue. And even then, somebody could come along that's just way too good a fit at a position we wouldn't think of (I'm looking at Dalvin Cook from FSU, for instance).

O.city 05-16-2016 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12233436)
Depending on discussions with Fisher, OT could easily be on the list, as could safety. Additionally, even with Jones, DL wouldn't be a complete shocker as Poe and Howard will be at/near FA and Bailey will start getting expensive (when he kinda stalled last year). If LDT, Fulton or Reid don't prove themselves, even G could be high on the list (and that's assuming Erhinger shows something).

Some core players are going to start falling off soon enough and the depth will be tested. We have to see what we have there before we know what to pursue. And even then, somebody could come along that's just way too good a fit at a position we wouldn't think of (I'm looking at Dalvin Cook from FSU, for instance).

I figure they'll get the dl and tackle spot worked out contractually, same with safety. For sure 2 of those 3.

They've gotta start looking for the successor to smith at qb, I figure next year's as good as any.

It's hard to tell though, like you said. Hell 2 years is a long time in the nfl so who knows.

O.city 05-16-2016 03:21 PM

I also figure if ford doesn't take off, you're in a real bind at olb with him flopping and hali getting old.

That's probably what I'd look for.

staylor26 05-16-2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12233436)

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12222950)
Kid from florida state is Charles 2.0

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12223115)
Yup. He's the only one that could possibly be had at our range that I'd use a 1st on.

Still hurts that he wasn't a Hurricane, but I'd love to see him in red & gold.

Me and O.City have already started the Cook to replace Jamaal hype train. Welcome aboard. :D

O.city 05-16-2016 03:24 PM

He's gonna be really good, dunno that I'd spend my first on him. Depends on the situation I guess.

staylor26 05-16-2016 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12233456)
He's gonna be really good, dunno that I'd spend my first on him. Depends on the situation I guess.

In any other draft he'd be a top 15 pick, so if we can get him at the end of the 1st, we can afford the luxury of taking him IMO. Especially considering we'll have a shit ton of picks next year.

DJ's left nut 05-16-2016 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12233450)
I figure they'll get the dl and tackle spot worked out contractually, same with safety. For sure 2 of those 3.

They've gotta start looking for the successor to smith at qb, I figure next year's as good as any.

It's hard to tell though, like you said. Hell 2 years is a long time in the nfl so who knows.

I said before all the Lynch talk that I loved the 2017 draft in terms of timing to go after a QB. You get a real nice opportunity for him to learn the ropes for a year before getting max return on his 'cheap' seasons starting in 2018.

But as is usually the case, the talent will tell the tale. There's no damn way we have a shot at Watson because if he doesn't perform, he just won't come out. If he does, those tools make him a surefire 1.1. I kinda like Chad Kelly but that guy looks to have the same makeup as Connor Cook; just a complete choad.

JT Barrett, perhaps? I see a fair amount of Alex in his game and he's a guy that I could see Reid falling in love with. Not a big arm, but sufficient (probably). Smart player with premier athleticism. By all accounts a great lockerroom guy and a person that really loves football. I doubt he gets himself into the first, but I could see him being Reid's next roll of the dice in the middle rounds.

O.city 05-16-2016 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12233467)
I said before all the Lynch talk that I loved the 2017 draft in terms of timing to go after a QB. You get a real nice opportunity for him to learn the ropes for a year before getting max return on his 'cheap' seasons starting in 2018.

But as is usually the case, the talent will tell the tale. There's no damn way we have a shot at Watson because if he doesn't perform, he just won't come out. If he does, those tools make him a surefire 1.1. I kinda like Chad Kelly but that guy looks to have the same makeup as Connor Cook; just a complete choad.

JT Barrett, perhaps? I see a fair amount of Alex in his game and he's a guy that I could see Reid falling in love with. Not a big arm, but sufficient (probably). Smart player with premier athleticism. By all accounts a great lockerroom guy and a person that really loves football. I doubt he gets himself into the first, but I could see him being Reid's next roll of the dice in the middle rounds.

With all the picks they've got, they could go after Watson but that's alot to move off of I'd imagine.

Its super early to know what's gonna happen. I kinda like Mayfield but I think he's probably Manziel 2.0 in terms of playing style

staylor26 05-16-2016 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12233495)
With all the picks they've got, they could go after Watson but that's alot to move off of I'd imagine.

Its super early to know what's gonna happen. I kinda like Mayfield but I think he's probably Manziel 2.0 in terms of playing style

Still too much of a jump for Watson (assuming he and the Chiefs don't have an epic fail of a season). Kaaya is the guy we should keep an eye on.

DJ's left nut 05-16-2016 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 12233499)
Still too much of a jump for Watson. Kaaya is the guy we should keep an eye on.

I see Dobbs as a guy that could move up but not TOO far up for us to get to.

Even if he has a good year, he'll likely be just polarizing enough to sit around the middle of the first rather than shoot up to the top, IMO.

He'll need to take a big step forward with his passing mechanics and accuracy, but again, I'm looking for guys with tools Reid would like who are more gettable. I don't think Dobbs can make himself a top 10 pick but I could see him getting up in the range where we'd jump.

staylor26 05-16-2016 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12233508)
I see Dobbs as a guy that could move up but not TOO far up for us to get to.

Even if he has a good year, he'll likely be just polarizing enough to sit around the middle of the first rather than shoot up to the top, IMO.

He'll need to take a big step forward with his passing mechanics and accuracy, but again, I'm looking for guys with tools Reid would like who are more gettable. I don't think Dobbs can make himself a top 10 pick but I could see him getting up in the range where we'd jump.

Dobbs is certainly intriguing and out of the QB's I have ranked (except for Watson), I'd definitely say he's the best fit for Reid. Will be interesting to see how he develops this year.

O.city 05-16-2016 04:03 PM

As of today, none of those top qbs after Watson really inspire alot of confidence for me.

I'd throw murray out at some point to see what he's got.

I still think bray is alot better than given credit for but he's probably quite the shitheel.

staylor26 05-16-2016 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 12233512)
As of today, none of those top qbs after Watson really inspire alot of confidence for me.

I'd throw murray out at some point to see what he's got.

I still think bray is alot better than given credit for but he's probably quite the shitheel.

I somewhat agree with this, as Watson is the only guy I'd have as a 1st right now, but Kaaya is likely going to take the next step with Richt and his staff this season. Like I said before about Burns, the coaching at Miami has been so terrible it has to be taken into consideration with every one of our prospects.

If the spring game was any indication, Kaaya will be a 1st rounder by seasons end and probably a top 20 pick.