ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Just a rumor from inside the Chiefs organization (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266916)

the Talking Can 11-21-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 9139389)
Well, indirectly mocking it, by comparing it to insane threads in the past. Most likely in fun, but I'd hate for someone to not post something useful because they are in fear of getting ripped on.

My hope is that the OP doesn't get lumped in with those stupid threads; as this one followed the correct protocol.

some mild ribbing is par for the course

memyselfI 11-21-2012 12:23 PM

It could be good news. It also could be that he took the entire week off due to the Thanksgiving holiday....

mr. tegu 11-21-2012 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9139403)
Honestly I wouldn't leak info from this regime at all..

Haha. That is a good point. I guess if this guy in marketing gets fired then we know its true! But I hope that part doesn't happen. :doh!:

mr. tegu 11-21-2012 12:28 PM

I must have missed it, what is the "okay gang" everyone is referring to?

TinyEvel 11-21-2012 12:28 PM

I have a friend within the Chiefs Planet organization that says that thread bashing is a rumor.

bevischief 11-21-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9139300)
In the early days of Chiefsplanet, threads like these were the lifeblood of coming here. We got access to a lot of good information earlier than it was out. Media came here to see breaking stories.

Sometimes things don't pan out, sometimes they're obvious bullshit, but this thread was started in a manner that is clear that it's a rumor from someone else and provides an assessment of what that person saw, which ties in with current topics.

This OP shouldn't be getting the dipshit treatment for this thread. I don't want to see others discouraged from breaking information to us because some dumbfornicators give them the business every time.

Keep it coming.

I agree.

htismaqe 11-21-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suds79 (Post 9139399)
People so sensitive. Who cares if people are making sarcastic remarks? You can't find a thread on this board not filled with sarcastic remarks.

It's a rumor Tegu was passing along. Not like he was reporting it. Take it for what it's worth.

I hope it's true.

I know for a fact that some QUALITY rumors (ones that ended up being true) got posted on other message boards first (or only) because of the treatment of rumors here.

That's sad, since that is what made this place great in the first few years.

Bowser 11-21-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 9139428)
I have a friend within the Chiefs Planet organization that says that thread bashing is a rumor.

Pics or GTFO

smittysbar 11-21-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9139452)
I know for a fact that some QUALITY rumors (ones that ended up being true) got posted on other message boards first (or only) because of the treatment of rumors here.

That's sad, since that is what made this place great in the first few years.

Yep, it's bullshit. Thanks for the info, hope this is true😎

Dante84 11-21-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9139415)
some mild ribbing is par for the course

Mmm... got 4 slabs in the fridge right now, and a bunch of steaks.

Eff turkey. We're makin' man meat tomorrow.

dallaschiefsfan 11-21-2012 12:59 PM

Checking with my only source if they have seen/heard the same things.

the Talking Can 11-21-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9139427)

a poster during the one of the many "Cowher Fevers" wrote:

Hey gang,

I know you won't believe this but I know for a fact that Bill Cowher was in Olathe looking at houses yesterday...etc.

"hey gang" is now short hand for eye rolling rumors...or just an auto-addition to a thread much like "aids tree, die in a fire..."

DaWolf 11-21-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9139427)

Re-live the legend:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...ighlight=athan

the Talking Can 11-21-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 9139505)

even better than I remembered...

T-post Tom 11-21-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 9139071)
I heard Bill Cohwer and Marty Schottenheimer were house hunting in Leawood, after they got off of Clark's private jet at the downtown airport. They banged a couple waitresses at Tanners before they left town.

I heard that too. Also heard that one of the waitresses was Greg Hill's girlfriend and he's very angry with Marty.