ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   I was right about Tyler Bray (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274306)

Gadzooks 07-04-2013 06:24 PM

I was right about Tyler Bray

On my first day here, I said Bray would be lucky to be picked up as a UDFA, I was right. Sure he was only 17 at the time but obvious UDFA is obvious.

Ace Gunner 07-04-2013 07:28 PM

well good call. he's pretty lazy. brett favre was lazy. but brett favre had bigtime tools. bray, meh. the accuracy isn't there for NFL throws and he doesn't favre's cannon either.

Titty Meat 07-04-2013 07:29 PM

This thread sucks

KC_Lee 07-04-2013 07:46 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jkxB15nXRvM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gadzooks 07-04-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9793131)
well good call. he's pretty lazy. brett favre was lazy. but brett favre had bigtime tools. bray, meh. the accuracy isn't there for NFL throws and he doesn't favre's cannon either.

He'll be a big time project. If he survives the Stanzi 3rd string competition, he probably won't be ready to be the backup until year 3.
I don't believe he, or the coaches, will have enough patience to see this through...

Tribal Warfare 07-04-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9793162)
He'll be a big time project. If he survives the Stanzi 3rd string competition, he probably won't be ready to be the backup until year 3.
I don't believe he, or the coaches, will have enough patience to see this through...

If he gets serious and treats this like a job, we'll see a total 180 and he'll be a superstar. If Bray doesn't, and continues to **** off he'll be gone within 4 years.

Gadzooks 07-04-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9793168)
If he gets serious and treats this like a job, we'll see a total 180 and he'll be a superstar. If Bray doesn't, and continues to **** off he'll be gone within 4 years.

The Chiefs have zero investment in terms of Draft stock or money. It would be a miracle to pull off 1 year if he doesn't show something this pre-season.

Tribal Warfare 07-04-2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9793174)
The Chiefs have zero investment in terms of Draft stock or money. It would be a miracle to pull off 1 year if he doesn't show something this pre-season.

As I said, if he takes it seriously. Bray has the physical skill set of a top 5 pick, and if he finally decides to put effort in his craft he'll be an extraordinary player.

Ace Gunner 07-04-2013 09:14 PM

I don't think either Stanzi or Bray are in the future for this team. One of the two might be retained this season, but I don't think either of them will make it into the 2014 season.

Gadzooks 07-04-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9793201)
As I said, if he takes it seriously. Bray has the physical skill set of a top 5 pick, and if he finally decides to put effort in his craft he'll be an extraordinary player.

LMAO. The same could be said for any bad apple QB. Jamarcus, Leaf, Harrington, etc... They all were drafted in the top 5 and weren't given 4 years to prove themselves.

He hasn't put the effort in yet and I don't see why he would now.

BTW - I would love it if Bray was the QB for KC. His last name reminds me of "Romo".

Tribal Warfare 07-04-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9793243)
LMAO. The same could be said for any bad apple QB. Jamarcus, Leaf, Harrington, etc... They all were drafted in the top 5 and weren't given 4 years to prove themselves.

He hasn't put the effort in yet and I don't see why he would now.

BTW - I would love it if Bray was the QB for KC. His last name reminds me of "Romo".

Just saying man, the kid's situation reminds me a shitload of Marino's when he came up.

Gadzooks 07-04-2013 09:46 PM

Situation? Lets talk about ability. There's no comparison between the two.

Tribal Warfare 07-04-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9793260)
Situation? Lets talk about ability. There's no comparison between the two.

outside of mechanics and release they are mirror images of each other coming out of college concerning arm talent. Dan got his shit together, now if Tyler does then we have a superstar on our hands.

Chris Meck 07-05-2013 11:11 AM

Harrington wasn't a 'bad apple'. He just landed in a shit situation in the NFL and they broke him.

So much of success in the league depends on the situation you land in.

VAChief 07-05-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9793353)
outside of mechanics and release they are mirror images of each other coming out of college concerning arm talent. Dan got his shit together, now if Tyler does then we have a superstar on our hands.

Those were two pretty significant areas to exclude from comparisons.