ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV South Park - Season 19 and Other Stuff (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=294471)

Gonzo 09-09-2015 10:46 PM

South Park - Season 19 and Other Stuff

So, this show is doing everything it can to stay relevant but I really thought that this season was going to be its last. Not so, evidently...
They just renewed through season 21. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the sequel to The Stick of Truth. I just hope it doesn't go "full Simpsons" and get really boring and up its own ass. I was never a Simpsons fan. Does anyone really watch that show anymore?

Anyway, I'm a huge South Park fan. I've loved the damn show since I was a teenager.
The new season starts next Wednesday.

thabear04 09-09-2015 11:33 PM

Haven't watch Simpsons for awhile I usually watch American Dad,Family Guy & Bobs Burgers.

Gonzo 09-10-2015 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 11714683)
Haven't watch Simpsons for awhile I usually watch American Dad,Family Guy & Bobs Burgers.

Bobs is good stuff. Family guy is starting to wear on me a little but I still watch it.

loochy 09-10-2015 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11714649)
So, this show is doing everything it can to stay relevant but I really thought that this season was going to be its last. Not so, evidently...

It will always be relevant because they can just get their material from current events.

It seems like the show is now becoming a comedic sociopolitical commentary.

unlurking 09-10-2015 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 11714907)
It will always be relevant because they can just get their material from current events.

It always was.

rabblerouser 09-10-2015 09:04 AM

Quote:

They just renewed through season 21. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the sequel to The Stick of Truth. I just hope it doesn't go "full Simpsons" and get really boring and up its own ass. I was never a Simpsons fan. Does anyone really watch that show anymore?

Anyway, I'm a huge South Park fan. I've loved the damn show since I was a teenager.

I love the Simpsons, more now than ever.

Much like South Park, the social commentary is witty, cutting, and dead on.

Plus, I turn the Dtv off during the offseason, and channel 8 shows Simpsons in syndication and then the new episodes on Sunday Night are a highlight of the week...

The only people that talk shit on the Simpsons are people that haven't seen the show in a decade or more, or just aren't able to catch the subtitles - it's not about Bart being a 'troublemaker'; the characters are secondary to the social statement.

Fantastic TV. Anyone who really likes South Park should really dig the Simpsons for the same reason. The Simpsons aren't as crass or crude as the SP gang...but it's still probably the best cartoon running, and its edge is as sharp as ever.

rabblerouser 09-10-2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 11714907)

Absolutely.

Gonzo 09-10-2015 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 11714944)
I love the Simpsons, more now than ever.

Much like South Park, the social commentary is witty, cutting, and dead on.

Plus, I turn the Dtv off during the offseason, and channel 8 shows Simpsons in syndication and then the new episodes on Sunday Night are a highlight of the week...

The only people that talk shit on the Simpsons are people that haven't seen the show in a decade or more, or just aren't able to catch the subtitles - it's not about Bart being a 'troublemaker'; the characters are secondary to the social statement.

Fantastic TV. Anyone who really likes South Park should really dig the Simpsons for the same reason. The Simpsons aren't as crass or crude as the SP gang...but it's still probably the best cartoon running, and its edge is as sharp as ever.

I had no idea this was such an issue for you. I apologize for not being a fan of The Simpsons. I will try harder in the future.

rabblerouser 09-10-2015 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11715024)
I had no idea this was such an issue for you. I apologize for not being a fan of The Simpsons. I will try harder in the future.

It's not an "issue", lol

You asked if anyone still watched the Simpsons.

I could've just said "yes", but I figured I'd elaborate and tell you why, since you obviously haven't seen the Simpsons in a while.

I don't really give a shit what you watch - it's just laughably ironic to put the Simpsons down as boring while hailing South Park.

It's obvious you haven't seen any Simpsons episodes in the past...decade. or didn't pay close enough attention.

It's a bit more subtle than SP, but the social commentary is outstanding, and if you like South Park, you might actually enjoy the Simpsons, you know...especially the most recent episodes.

Like, the past 3-4 seasons. EXCELLENT.

The one where Marge buys a sandwich franchise...freaking awesome.

Valiant 09-10-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Umm stay relevant?

Have you watched them make episodes? The reason why they are still going soo strong opposed to simpsons is they are relevant. It takes them a week to make a show, so they can use all the up to date events and trends..

Gonzo 09-10-2015 05:24 PM

Apparently relevant was the wrong word. I meant staying popular and fresh I guess.

Have to admit that their storylines aren't what they used to be.

rabblerouser 09-10-2015 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 11715300)
Umm stay relevant?

Have you watched them make episodes? The reason why they are still going soo strong opposed to simpsons is they are relevant. It takes them a week to make a show, so they can use all the up to date events and trends..

You obviously don't watch the Simpsons.

They're very relevant. That's how they're still going strong, what, 23 straight years lol

Mennonite 09-11-2015 05:53 PM

The Simpsons have sucked since season 10.

ragedogg69 09-17-2015 03:24 PM

That episode was brilliant up until the end. Then is just fizzled out. Seems like a lot of South Park episodes have been like that.

Gonzo 09-18-2015 09:46 AM

Loved the Brady references.