ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Offense/Defense (Philosophy based) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266606)

bobbything 11-14-2012 10:43 AM

Offensively, I would honestly incorporate many elements of the Run and Shoot. Specifically utilizing the choice routes and pre-snap motions. I would find the best-suited QB for this and essentially allow him to run the offense. Ideally, I'd like a big RB, but this isn't completely necessary.

Since this requires an extremely intelligent quarterback who must be in constant harmony with his receivers, I can immediately eliminate Matt Cassel from my search.

Aspengc8 11-14-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9118134)
Offensively, I would honestly incorporate many elements of the Run and Shoot. Specifically utilizing the choice routes and pre-snap motions. I would find the best-suited QB for this and essentially allow him to run the offense. Ideally, I'd like a big RB, but this isn't completely necessary.

Since this requires an extremely intelligent quarterback who must be in constant harmony with his receivers, I can immediately eliminate Matt Cassel from my search.

They've tried all that already. The problem is Cassel. He makes the wrong reads and his balls don't get out in time and have no zip. Did you see how many 12-15yd deep outs where almost picked vs the steelers?

bobbything 11-14-2012 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 9118460)
They've tried all that already. The problem is Cassel. He makes the wrong reads and his balls don't get out in time and have no zip. Did you see how many 12-15yd deep outs where almost picked vs the steelers?

Oh, I'm not talking about doing it with this Chiefs team. I thought this was a hypothetical moving forward. As I said, you need a smart, accurate quarterback. This doesn't really describe Matt Cassel.

whoman69 11-14-2012 02:13 PM

I would have a more balanced philosophy that would include ball control to keep my defense fresh. I would have both shotgun and under the center available for the QB. I would mix play action passes in with straight passing situations. I incorporate both 2 TE and fullback sets.

Defensively I would be more aggressive in getting the other teams to 3 and out situations with a 3-4 base defense. I would have at least 4 pass rushers on every passing down.

Aspengc8 11-14-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9118524)
Oh, I'm not talking about doing it with this Chiefs team. I thought this was a hypothetical moving forward. As I said, you need a smart, accurate quarterback. This doesn't really describe Matt Cassel.

Teams nowadays take the best from all those offensive philosophies. This holds true for KC, as most of us have seen Cassel botch simple passing route combo reads. Most of our passing attack is west coast based.. most of the time no read. Cassel is notorious for being locked in to a receiver once he see's the defense pre snap alignment.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-14-2012 02:49 PM

Well, I'd take whatever Marty/Cowher were doing back in the day defensively, and attach the dink and dunk WCO to the nearest tree, burn it with a nuclear-powered flamethrower, and nevar look back.

Also, any time the HC called a screen, I would incorporate a device similar to a dog shock collar which would be attached to his balls, and operated remotely from the stands by a midget in a little red and gold leprachaun outfit who would simulataneously dance a happy little jig while pushing the button repeatedly.

Hope that helps.

Sorter 11-14-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbything (Post 9118524)

It most certainly is.

Dayze 11-14-2012 04:36 PM

Deadly Offense.

Sorter 11-14-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9118939)
Deadly Offense.

What about Ninja Offense?

http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pi.../ninja-fat.gif

Dayze 11-14-2012 04:41 PM

I'd take it.

keg in kc 11-14-2012 05:09 PM

I want aggressive on both sides of the ball. I don't really care what the specific system is on offense, but I want a scheme that utilizes motions and shifting to create mismatches and is balanced in terms of never knowing what's coming re: run and pass. Although, technically, by "balanced" I mean throws a bit more than runs. I do NOT want a run-based offense. Defensively I'd stay 3-4, but move out of the passive philosophy and have an attacking front seven. The risk means more potential for mistakes and big plays, but I'll take that as opposed to getting nickel and dimed to death by patient offenses. And we've been giving up big plays for years anyway.

I'm just sick of passive football, in general. We need to take it to other teams, rather than react to what they do.

petegz28 11-14-2012 05:23 PM

Vermeil offense...Marty defense

Dayze 11-14-2012 06:49 PM

I truly hate the 3-4.

Sorter 11-14-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8;9117762[B
]They don't strictly play 2-gap every play. They mix in 1-gap over/under philosophies as well as fire-zone. [/B]I personally don't think they are aggressive enough and should blitz more often. Dropping guys like Belcher and Houston into zone coverage is a huge mistake. Shit, I've seen them dropping Tamba into coverage and my mind is blown.

Actually, the Chiefs are one of the few teams that rarely switch to an over/under in their base front. Additionally, fire-zone concepts are not typically used. When Crennel does decide to send more than 4, we are typically playing man-coverage.

Everything else though I agree with.

Easy 6 11-14-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9119299)
Actually, the Chiefs are one of the few teams that rarely switch to an over/under in their base front. Additionally, fire-zone concepts are not typically used. When Crennel does decide to send more than 4, we are typically playing man-coverage.

Everything else though I agree with.

Honest question...

How in the blue hell did a girl your age ever become so football intelligent?

Its been bugging the shit out of me for days, i've never seen a girl with such informed takes.

You need to apply for a pr job with some college or pro team.