ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Better Than Geno (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270357)

CoMoChief 02-26-2013 08:00 PM

If Albert isn't re-signed, then you pick Joeckel without thinking twice and maybe Barkley Wilson or Bray in the 2nd

Sorter 02-26-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9442847)
If Albert isn't re-signed, then you pick Joeckel without thinking twice and maybe Barkley Wilson or Bray in the 2nd

CoMo, is Margus Hunt awesome!?

MagicHef 02-26-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9442746)
Stop trolling. It doesnt work when we know you are a opposing fans

Not trolling, just posting facts. I agree that QB is the most important part of a team, but around here it's getting to the point where I think people honestly believe that the rest of the team doesn't matter. I read a post recently where someone stated that defense doesn't matter at all.

MagicHef 02-26-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9442806)
Here's a list of the last 20 Super Bowl winning quarterbacks:

Super Bowl 28. Troy Aikman
Super Bowl 29. Steve Young
Super Bowl 30. Troy Aikman
Super Bowl 31. Brett Favre
Super Bowl 32. John Elway
Super Bowl 33. John Elway
Super Bowl 34. Kurt Warner
Super Bowl 35. Trent Dilfer
Super Bowl 36. Tom Brady
Super Bowl 37. Brad Johnson
Super Bowl 38. Tom Brady
Super Bowl 39. Tom Brady
Super Bowl 40. Ben Roethlisberger
Super Bowl 41. Peyton Manning
Super Bowl 42. Eli Manning
Super Bowl 43: Ben Roethlisberger
Super Bowl 44: Drew Brees
Super Bowl 45: Aaron Rogers
Super Bowl 46: Eli Manning
Super Bowl 47: Joe Flacco

17 out of 20 were elite quarterbacks, and Flacco certainly played like one the entire postseason. You don't have to have the passing leader, but you have to have an elite quarterback.

Back when Brady won 3 SBs in 4 years, he threw for less than 3500 yards per year. Since then, he's been throwing for more than 4400 yards per year, and has no more rings to show for it. Coincidentally, the Patriots used to have a really good defense.

htismaqe 02-27-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9443041)
Not trolling, just posting facts. I agree that QB is the most important part of a team, but around here it's getting to the point where I think people honestly believe that the rest of the team doesn't matter. I read a post recently where someone stated that defense doesn't matter at all.

When you haven't had a franchise QB in 40 ****ing years, the rest of the team DOESN'T matter.

MagicHef 02-27-2013 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9444010)
When you haven't had a franchise QB in 40 ****ing years, the rest of the team DOESN'T matter.

I agree that QB is the most important piece, and I agree that the Chiefs are in the perfect position to grab a potentially great one. I agree that no other move makes as much sense or will lead to as much improvement as drafting Geno. However, Geno will not fix all that is wrong with the Chiefs.

htismaqe 02-27-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 9444358)
However, Geno will not fix all that is wrong with the Chiefs.

You're absolutely right.

And nobody has ever suggested otherwise.

buddha 02-27-2013 11:03 AM

Franchise QB is a must...he doesn't have to be the #1 QB in the land, but he does need to be really, really good. I wouldn't be upset if KC got Alex Smith, and they drafted Geno. You hedge your bets. Geno may not be ready on day one. Alex isn't elite, but he can be very effective in a West Coast style offense.

htismaqe 02-27-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9444529)
Franchise QB is a must...he doesn't have to be the #1 QB in the land, but he does need to be really, really good. I wouldn't be upset if KC got Alex Smith, and they drafted Geno. You hedge your bets. Geno may not be ready on day one. Alex isn't elite, but he can be very effective in a West Coast style offense.

It isn't happening. According to all reports, they're committing to Alex Smith long term.

He IS the franchise QB, whether he's good enough to be or not.

KCrockaholic 02-27-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indignayshun (Post 9432904)
Hmmm.

http://secondroundstats.com/2013/02/...s-rushers-pt1/