ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Blade Runner 2049 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=304570)

Frazod 01-26-2018 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 13383884)
Easily my favorite among those I’ve seen. The complaints I’ve read are also amusingly some of what I thought was so great. Meaning those beautiful glacially paced shots with the excellent and loud score thumping.

I still think the score was the weak link. I didn't hate it or anything, but the Vangelis stuff from the original blows it away.

Mennonite 01-26-2018 08:02 PM

Honestly, I don't find the movie to be slow paced. Maybe because I watch comparatively few newer action movies.

The editing in new films is the equivalent of shaking your car keys in front of audience's eyes every two seconds.

notorious 01-28-2018 11:31 PM

Wow.

This movie is simply amazing. I can’t think of a single thing that wasn’t fantastic.

BWillie 01-29-2018 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 13386281)
Wow.

This movie is simply amazing. I can’t think of a single thing that wasn’t fantastic.

I don't think I ever saw the virtual reality girlfriends tatas. I'm still pretty upset about it.

AssEaterChief 01-29-2018 06:55 PM

Great movie…

I picked them both up for 30 bucks and we binge watched them over 2 nights.

Deberg_1990 01-29-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 13383895)
I still think the score was the weak link. I didn't hate it or anything, but the Vangelis stuff from the original blows it away.

Hmm. I thought they did a great job sort of honoring/imitating the originals score

Frazod 01-29-2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 13387674)
Hmm. I thought they did a great job sort of honoring/imitating the originals score

I didn't get that at all.

Of course, I think that's on me - I went in expecting more of the same, and that's mainly why I was disappointed. Nothing wrong with going in a different direction.

When I watched the blu ray it didn't bother me as much. Although it's still a bit heavy handed, IMO.

Mennonite 01-29-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 13387604)
I don't think I ever saw the virtual reality girlfriends tatas. I'm still pretty upset about it.

Yeah, you did. She's the giant hologram advertisement chick, too.

https://i.imgur.com/yFCjPsO.gif

So does JOI surpass her programming and become human? She seems to love K, but then you see the advertisements proclaiming that she is everything you want to see and hear.

The advertisement version also calls K "Joe" which is the the name his personal model picked for him because he's special. K tells that crazy bitch Luv that she must be "special" because Niander Wallace gave her a name. The JOI companions are made to make the replicants feel like real humans. It seems that part of their programming is to make the replicants feel so real that they choose to have names instead of just i.d. numbers or letters.

They blur the reality between being really clever AI and being real. Just like the replicants themselves do. More human than human.

notorious 01-29-2018 10:34 PM

When she leans over to K her tits and nipples are on proud display. Very nice.

Discuss Thrower 01-29-2018 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mennonite (Post 13387753)

The advertisement version also calls K "Joe" which is the the name his personal model picked for him because he's special. K tells that crazy bitch Luv that she must be "special" because Niander Wallace gave her a name. The JOI companions are made to make the replicants feel like real humans. It seems that part of their programming is to make the replicants feel so real that they choose to have names instead of just i.d. numbers or letters.

You've got it backward. Billboard-Joi calls him that because that's what all Jois been programmed to do.

He's not special and the advertisement reminds him of that.

Mennonite 01-30-2018 06:45 AM

No, I understood it. My comment looks funny because I didn't put my first use of "special" in between quotation marks. It makes it look like I'm saying th opposite of what I actually mean.

Let's eat, Grandma!

Let's eat Grandma!

Punctuation matters. I'm a terrible at both spelling and grammar, unfortunately.