ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****OFFICIAL 2013 CP Mock Draft***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271256)

ChiefsCountry 03-18-2013 09:53 AM

Other than the damn name changes posters are getting I think so.

RealSNR 03-18-2013 09:55 AM

Hey now, I was the one who was raped. I'M the victim here.

The Franchise 03-18-2013 09:55 AM

It's up to the members of this draft to keep up with the name changes.....or tell me what the new names are. I'm not keeping track of that shit.

DeezNutz 03-18-2013 09:59 AM

Going to be a very interesting first pick for AZ. This draft will NOT break like it will in late April, so numerous contingency plans are needed.

Sfeihc 03-18-2013 10:02 AM

Are we starting @ noon ET or CT time?

The Franchise 03-18-2013 10:32 AM

Pretty sure that's Noon CST.

And the 2nd round is up if someone wants to check for accuracy.

ChiefsCountry 03-18-2013 11:01 AM

The 2013 CP Mock Draft is now officially under way. You have 24 hours to make your pick. SNR and the Chiefs are on the clock.

RealSNR 03-18-2013 11:02 AM

Reid and Dorsey have set this team up to succeed in a big way this draft. The only glaring hole seems to be at ILB, with question marks at one of the DL spots, one or two of the spots on the offensive line, and at RB2. Knowing Andy Reid, he will want all of those addressed quickly and efficiently. But really, that’s not a bad position to be in. Nearly every single team in the NFL has a handful of question marks at the starter spots (even the Super Bowl champion Ravens). It basically comes down to picking the best player available, knowing that whoever we pick might not start.

Conventional wisdom tells us that one of the OTs is the best pick, but I don’t see it that way. I haven’t all year. Joeckel is NOT Andy Reid’s kind of tackle, and even if he were, just because a tackle has sound technique doesn’t mean he’s ready or capable of being great in the NFL. I prefer Eric Fisher much more here, but then you’re picking a small school guy at #1 overall.

That’s what people don’t get about this “Well, just pick an OT here” philosophy. It’s the #1 pick. I ****ing refuse to take a derpy position at #1 if that player isn’t ****mazing. I don’t see Ndamukong Suh. I don’t see Calvin Johnson. And I don’t see Orlando Pace. I don’t even see Jake Long. And at pass rushing talent? ****, we’re either taking Rawface McRawraw or the Marcus McNeill of OLBs. Christ, what a ****ing mess.

Really, I would play by the “normal” rules if we traded down. I really would, guys. But a deal has not been announced, and this isn’t the alt mock. So I’m either picking a DL prospect in Floyd who penetrates gaps as well as Tyson Jackson does (i.e. he “needs to develop” pass rush moves) or I’m taking an OT that I very much doubt can play as well as Branden Albert in the league.

QB makes sense. Even with the contracts of Alex and Daniel it makes sense. We don’t know if either of them are franchise QBs. We don’t know. And there is a franchise QB available at our pick. And he fits the positional value appropriate for #1 overall. I’m the GM of this Kansas City Chiefs team, and I’m making the pick that I would make in the real position. And here I’m going with common sense and who I believe to be the best overall player. If you want to chew me out, go ahead. I’ve got enough reason and evidence to support my decision. Do you?

The Kansas City Chiefs select Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia.

The Franchise 03-18-2013 11:04 AM

Added a few rules to the top.

The Franchise 03-18-2013 11:11 AM

The Jaguars would love for Geno Smith to fall to them at #2. Blaine Gabbert is ruined and not a viable option for this new regime. Unfortunately the Chiefs are smart enough to take him and sit him behind Alex Smith for a year.

That being said....the Jags have a TON of holes on this roster. It's not infused with talent and the past regime handed out shitty contracts to shitty players. If Matt Barkley had thrown at the combine....I'd have no problem taking him here but as of now...he's a little bit of an unknown.

The Jacksonville Jaguars select Sharrif Floyd , DT, Florida

Floyd instantly starts on that defense. You plug him in and he's a 3 down lineman who can not only help the run defense but also get in the backfield on passing downs. He's BPA at this point and he's young (20).

Sfeihc 03-18-2013 11:12 AM

Way to stick to your guns, SNR. In reality Geno is still in play at #1 overall. Smith, Daniel, Smith as the qb depth for KC is a dream come true after having to endure Cassel, Palko & the waterboy. My question Mr. Chiefs GM what becomes of Mr. Hot Shot Can't Miss 5th Round Steal Ricky Stanzi?

The Franchise 03-18-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapist (Post 9510784)

The Kansas City Chiefs select Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia.

Before I forget...

:clap:

ChiefsCountry 03-18-2013 11:21 AM

The Raiders are in a full blown rebuild mode. The draft to me has always been more about the future than the present. Free agency is for the present. The Raiders need help all over especially on the DL and CB, but in today's NFL you can't win without a franchise quarterback. Carson Palmer is a very servicable quarterback but at this stage of the game he won't win a Super Bowl for you. The Raiders are lucky the top quarterback in the draft is available to them. Barkley last year was right with Andrew Luck as the top propsect, a down year with Kiffin hurt his stock. Smart, accurate and natural born leader, Barkley is NFL ready to play but with his shoulder injury and with a great teacher for him, the Raiders can afford to wait a year and not throw him to the wolves per say. Gives them time to build the roster around the next NFL superstar quarterback.

Oakland Raiders select Matt Barkley, QB, USC.

Sfeihc 03-18-2013 11:24 AM

BOOM goes the dynamite!!! Well reasoned, CC. An NFL team is nothing w/o a QB. Palmer can give the rub to he fellow condom.

Nightfyre 03-18-2013 11:33 AM

:cuss:Mr. Flopnuts is already holding this shit up!:cuss: