ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   WalterFootball mocks 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268670)

the Talking Can 01-09-2013 11:19 AM

WalterFootball mocks 2013

updated with latest - Feb 27th

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

1. Kansas City Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M

2. Kansas City Chiefs: Margus Hunt, DE/DT, SMU

3. Kansas City Chiefs: Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State

4. Kansas City Chiefs: Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas

jd1020 01-09-2013 12:03 PM

He has Xavier Rhodes going #51 to the Redskins and us taking Justin Hunter because we let Bowe go and then taking a CB in round 3... :facepalm:

Saccopoo 01-10-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9299842)
He has Xavier Rhodes going #51 to the Redskins and us taking Justin Hunter because we let Bowe go and then taking a CB in round 3... :facepalm:

**** this ****ing guy.

ntexascardfan 01-13-2013 01:05 PM

Instead of a WR in round two I don't know why we don't take a TE like Zach Ertz.

Especially if we manage to trade out of #1 and get another early second round pick.

It's been a while since we've had a TE we can count on.

DJ's left nut 01-13-2013 03:36 PM

I don't think Rhodes will make it to us at 2.2....but if he does we have to take him, IMO.

I love Justin Hunter and would JIMP if we took him, provided that we don't take him ahead of Rhodes.

I'm not terribly worried. Reid has always focused on the same areas I prefer we focus on (QB, LT, Pass Rushers and CBs) so I'm fairly confident that he'll put together a draft that I like.

CrownChief 01-13-2013 06:34 PM

I think we should tag Albert and trade him to the Eagles for their 2nd. My dream scenario:

Restructure Jackson's contract, Re-sign Colquitt & Pitoitua, Sign Wallace (WR, Steelers), Vick, and Rodgers-Cromartie.

Draft
1a. Joeckel (LT, Texas A&M) - could be best LT in the league someday
1b. Barkley (QB, USC) - trade up with 4th and 6th, good fit for west coast offense
2. Hunt (DE, SMU) - JJ Watt measurables, drops due to rawness and age
3a. Brown (ILB, Kansas St) - Belcher's replacement
3b. Lattimore (RB, South Carolina) - value pick

jd1020 01-13-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrownChief (Post 9315582)
I think we should tag Albert and trade him to the Eagles for their 2nd. My dream scenario:

Restructure Jackson's contract, Re-sign Colquitt & Pitoitua, Sign Wallace (WR, Steelers), Vick, and Rodgers-Cromartie.

Draft
1b. Barkley (QB, USC) - trade up with 4th and 6th, good fit for west coast offense

DIAF

Saccopoo 01-13-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Draft

Nice first post...

http://www.twistappel.com/wp-content...ull-reerun.gif

Hammock Parties 01-13-2013 11:00 PM

Whoa. I had no idea draftplanet was actually active.

htismaqe 01-14-2013 09:38 AM

Quote:

Draft

That's your DREAM scenario?

Do you often dream of getting fist-****ed by midgets, too?

KC_Lee 01-14-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9316851)
That's your DREAM scenario?

Do you often dream of getting fist-****ed by midgets, too?

ROFLROFLROFL

The Franchise 01-14-2013 12:43 PM

If I'm going off of that mock....I'd rather see. *I'm also including a comp 3rd for Carr.

1. Geno Smith, QB
2. Xavier Rhodes, CB
3. Da'Rick Rogers, WR
3. Zac Dysert, QB
4. Phillip Thomas, S

Nightfyre 01-14-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9317338)
If I'm going off of that mock....I'd rather see. *I'm also including a comp 3rd for Carr.

1. Geno Smith, QB
2. Xavier Rhodes, CB
3. Da'Rick Rogers, WR
3. Zac Dysert, QB
4. Phillip Thomas, S

Oh god... Now look what you've done. I have to go change pants. #creamedinmajeans.

The Franchise 01-15-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

1. Geno Smith, QB
2. Xavier Rhodes, CB
3. Da'Rick Rogers, WR
3. Zac Dysert, QB
4. Phillip Thomas, S

And one without a WR and a 2nd QB.

1. Geno Smith, QB
2. Xavier Rhodes, CB
3. Chase Thomas, DE/OLB
3. William Gholston, DE/DT, Michigan State
4. Phillip Thomas, S

Saccopoo 01-15-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

1. Geno Smith, QB
2. Xavier Rhodes, CB
3. Da'Rick Rogers, WR
3. Zac Dysert, QB
4. Phillip Thomas, S

I think that when everything is said and done, Rhodes will likely be gone in the first round, jumping over Mississippi State Jon Banks. Milliner will likely go to the Lions, and won't fall past the Titans. After that, Rhodes' combination of size and downfield speed and nastiness is going to be hard to pass on for a team like the Bucs.

However, I think that both Banks and Amerson are potential studs at the #2 CB slot. Both long, big guys with a superb nose for the ball. Banks is one of the most fluid CB's I've seen in a long time at the college level, and Amerson has a ridiculous nose for the ball. He tried to do a little too much this season in attempting to match his junior year numbers and got burned for it a couple of times, but he's ridiculously talented.

Both are really good press coverage guys who play really long against the thrown ball. Both will come up hard in run support as well.