ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Movies and TV "Storage Wars" Dave Hester sues show...calls it a fraud (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267585)

FAX 12-12-2012 03:25 PM

I really liked Orange County Choppers for about two seasons. After that, they jumped the shark for me. It was the same damn thing every week and I finally realized that the bikes basically suck and are probably unrideable.

Same thing with the Storage Wars guys. I liked Barry and Brandi and always hoped they'd find something really good. After awhile, though, it just got real boring and stupid.

I rarely watch television so it's tough when the 1 or 2 shows you watch turn out bad. Right now, my favorite show is Duck Dynasty and I was very disappointed in Jase's performance before the HMO board. He acted like a total pussy. One more show like that and I'm back to making up my own programs in my head.

FAX

ChiTown 12-12-2012 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9203001)
I really liked Orange County Choppers for about two seasons. After that, they jumped the shark for me. It was the same damn thing every week and I finally realized that the bikes basically suck and are probably unrideable.

Same thing with the Storage Wars guys. I liked Barry and Brandi and always hoped they'd find something really good. After awhile, though, it just got real boring and stupid.

I rarely watch television so it's tough when the 1 or 2 shows you watch turn out bad. Right now, my favorite show is Duck Dynasty and I was very disappointed in Jase's performance before the HMO board. He acted like a total pussy. One more show like that and I'm back to making up my own programs in my head.

FAX

The very first season was awesome. That's when they were really a shop. I enjoyed Season number two, just because the in-fighting was too rich to pass up. Then, it became a caricature of it's former self, and staged beyond belief....I just couldn't stand it any longer. Now, it's a Hollywood script with guys who used to build bikes

cosmo20002 12-12-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9202960)
Wondering whether any of these shows is real or not is missing the point. It's still entertaining. My son and I watch these all the time. We laugh at the obvious fake stuff, question other parts, but in the end, it's still good entertainment.

The actors like Barry, Jarrod and of course Brandi make it fun to watch.

Now if you tell me Gold Rush is fake then it's game on!

Seems mostly kinda real, at least in the beginning. A rag-tag bunch of guys trying to scratch and claw their way to fortune with equipment held together with string and duct tape.

But now, they have top-of-the-line mega-equipment. And I'm sure the producers helped them locate a spot with a lot of potential and that would be good for filming.

NewChief 12-12-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9203028)
Seems mostly kinda real, at least in the beginning. A rag-tag bunch of guys trying to scratch and claw their way to fortune with equipment held together with string and duct tape.

But now, they have top-of-the-line mega-equipment. And I'm sure the producers helped them locate a spot with a lot of potential and that would be good for filming.

Gold Rush is good. Jungle Gold is a bunch of bullshit.

Radar Chief 12-12-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 9202970)
I can't ever remember hating anybody as quickly as I learned to hate Paul Sr., and I've probably only watched a combined total of 20 minutes of that show over the years. All I've ever taken away from it is what a complete ****ing douche that dude is. The only way I want to watch a show about people like that is if they get eaten alive by something at the end.

He embodies every douche bag boss I’ve ever had that I’d love to take a shot at. By shot I mean punch not gun.

MahiMike 12-12-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 9203028)

Yeah, I think you nailed it. The producers help them out a ton. Just like Storage wars where all of a sudden they're all driving around in brand new cadillacs supposedly paid for with storage junk.

Bugeater 12-12-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 9203001)

FAX

I brought a casserole.

kcfanXIII 12-12-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9201876)
I'm really hating reality TV these days. It's all freaking fake.

The worst that's out there right now is Amish Mafia. What a bunch of bullshit.

saw somebody post about this on facebook, and didn't believe it was real....

FAX 12-12-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 9203351)
I brought a casserole.

The casserole, albeit somewhat lame, was nevertheless a nice thought on the part of Mamaw Duck. On the other hand, Jase's weak-ass performance before the board was disheartening and actually somewhat enlightening.

Jase is all big talk when it comes to his family, frog-hunting, crawdads, and the dumbasses he works with, but put him in front of people who have actually integrated into society and he suddenly transforms into a skinny, ignorant, embarrassing pissant.

Very disappointing.

FAX

notorious 12-12-2012 08:26 PM

Jesse James is in a league of his own.

kcxiv 12-12-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9203636)
Jesse James is in a league of his own.

He's a ****ing hater, seems like all he does is bitch about other people. Im good with them kinda people.

ShowtimeSBMVP 02-12-2013 02:14 PM

"Storage Wars" star Mark Balelo killed himself today by carbon monoxide poisoning ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources close to Balelo tell us he was found dead in his car ... which was parked and running in the garage at his auction house in Simi Valley, CA.

According to our sources, Balelo had been arrested for a drug-related offense on Saturday.

We're told when Balelo got out of jail he was distraught, and asked his fiancée to come over because he was afraid he might hurt himself.

We're told they met at his office on Sunday, they talked for a few hours, he took a 4 hour nap -- and when he woke up seemed better.
The fiancée left Balelo at the office Sunday evening. We're told one of Balelo's employees found his body Monday morning.

Balelo appeared on a handful of "Storage Wars" episodes over the past few seasons.

Law enforcement sources tell us an autopsy will be conducted tomorrow.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/page/2/#ixzz2KiYs2s7o
Visit the TMZ Store: http://tmzstore.com

keg in kc 02-12-2013 02:15 PM

No way, 'reality' shows are staged!?! Oh the indignity!!!

Oh, and now I see the post above about the dude offing himself. Sad.

BossChief 02-12-2013 02:16 PM

Was that the big Pablo Escobar looking douche?

silver5liter 02-12-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9396739)
"Storage Wars" star Mark Balelo killed himself today by carbon monoxide poisoning ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources close to Balelo tell us he was found dead in his car ... which was parked and running in the garage at his auction house in Simi Valley, CA.

According to our sources, Balelo had been arrested for a drug-related offense on Saturday.

We're told when Balelo got out of jail he was distraught, and asked his fiancée to come over because he was afraid he might hurt himself.

We're told they met at his office on Sunday, they talked for a few hours, he took a 4 hour nap -- and when he woke up seemed better.
The fiancée left Balelo at the office Sunday evening. We're told one of Balelo's employees found his body Monday morning.

Balelo appeared on a handful of "Storage Wars" episodes over the past few seasons.

Law enforcement sources tell us an autopsy will be conducted tomorrow.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/page/2/#ixzz2KiYs2s7o
Visit the TMZ Store: http://tmzstore.com

That guy was on like 2 episodes and seemed to be a shaddy douche and an idiot.