ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Assassin's Creed III (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265885)

Gonzo 11-26-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9153462)
I'm starting out on Uncharted 3, have you played I am Alive? Loved that as well.

Yep, I downloaded that about 3 weeks ago. I played it for a little while but ACIII came out and I wanted to play that first.
Seems like a decent game, though.

ThaVirus 11-26-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9152071)
nowadays assassins just have to be more stealthy. Don't you watch movies
Posted via Mobile Device

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9153220)
There's already a pretty successful series based on modern day stealth... it's called Splinter Cell. And guess who makes it?

I don't want to play Assassins Creed in 1986 with silenced pistols.

A huge part of what makes Assassins Creed so great is the historic environments.

Plus they'd have to change up the fighting mechanics completely. Even the traditional assassin robes would have to be nixed. It wouldn't even be Assassins Creed anymore.

HC_Chief 11-26-2012 12:30 PM

I am so bored with AC3....quit playing it.

WTF, AC1 was redundant, but had its moments. AC2 was great; first expansion was a lot of fun, but then the series reverted. This latest installment is a snooze-fest; and what's with the new "crafting" garbage? It serves no purpose.

Only bits I have found enjoyable are the sea-faring side-quests. Shredding ships and forts with cannonfire is a blast.

Rugby Thompson 11-26-2012 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 9153671)
I am so bored with AC3....quit playing it.

WTF, AC1 was redundant, but had its moments. AC2 was great; first expansion was a lot of fun, but then the series reverted. This latest installment is a snooze-fest; and what's with the new "crafting" garbage? It serves no purpose.

Only bits I have found enjoyable are the sea-faring side-quests. Shredding ships and forts with cannonfire is a blast.

This is what I was trying to say, game looks amazing but it's boring.

Frazod 11-26-2012 09:04 PM

Loading this now. What the hell.

Setsuna 12-01-2012 01:35 PM

The mutliplayer rocks out loud!

007 12-11-2012 06:09 AM

Amazon deal of the day $33 plus three different $3 credits.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox?ref_=pe_36900_27188390

SuperChief 12-11-2012 11:02 AM

I thought this was the best AC by far. Keep in mind, I thought the 1st one was good, but a bit redundant, and the second blew chunks. The crafting bullshit was stupid, yes, but it provided quite a bit of extra missions to complete. This game was very multi-faceted and I enjoyed it.

Setsuna 12-11-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9167820)
The mutliplayer rocks out loud!

Nvm, the multiplayer sucks. I thought quality of kills meant something but it doesn't. How naive I was.

mnchiefsguy 12-11-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9199108)
Amazon deal of the day $33 plus three different $3 credits.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox?ref_=pe_36900_27188390

I went ahead and jumped on this deal even though I have not played any of the games. There is a DLC title "The tyranny of King Washington" that will be available early next year that sounds cool. I am a fan of alternate history, am hoping this game lives up to the hype.

jd1020 12-12-2012 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9200918)
Nvm, the multiplayer sucks. I thought quality of kills meant something but it doesn't. How naive I was.

I've never even come close to thinking about playing the multiplayer in AC.

Singeplayer games are never good multiplayer games... What do you do? Just sit in piles of hay waiting for someone to walk by?

Rugby Thompson 12-12-2012 09:34 AM

Havent touched AC3 in a few weeks, it was nothing special, looks pretty but plays the same as the other ones and just as tedious. GTA San andreas just got released on the PSN store so i picked that up.

Hitman is waaaaaay better then AC3 and Uncharted.

Gonzo 12-12-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugby Thompson (Post 9202014)
Havent touched AC3 in a few weeks, it was nothing special, looks pretty but plays the same as the other ones and just as tedious. GTA San andreas just got released on the PSN store so i picked that up.

Hitman is waaaaaay better then AC3 and Uncharted.

That would be one hell of an accomplishment. I just went back and started playing Red Dead Redemption. Probably the best game ever created.

Rugby Thompson 12-12-2012 08:17 PM

I liked Red Dead Redemption but i'm not really into westerns so it didn't really intrigue me like it should have. The game was amazing though, Hitman blew me away though. It has elements of Uncharted in it, smoooooth as hell crisp HD graphics and physics and you actually feel like an Assasin in this opposed to AC3, there's so manys of killing you're target and completing the objective. I'd post some vids but I can't post threads or attachments for some reason :(

ThaVirus 12-13-2012 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 9203426)
That would be one hell of an accomplishment. I just went back and started playing Red Dead Redemption. Probably the best game ever created.

Best game ever? I thought it was great; so good actually that I refuse to trade it in, but I feel like its too much like GTA in the old West to deserve such praise.

My top 5 single-player games of all time, off the top of my head:

Final Fantasy VII
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Super Mario World
GTA: San Andreas
Super Mario RPG