ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Elder Scrolls V (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=209317)

Fire Me Boy! 09-27-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7946859)
I wish this game wasn't scheduled to be released a couple weeks before TOR. Oh well, I'll probably end up playing it a few years after it's released.

I'm seriously debating taking Nov. 11 off work so I can sit at home and play.

Frazod 09-27-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7946834)
Star-studded voice cast is nice. Star-studded writers would be nicer. This'll be like having an all-star voice team read the nutritional information on the side of a cereal box. Although it probably won't be quite as bad as Patrick Stewart, Sean Bean and Terence Stamp's awesome voices wasted in Oblivion. And Lynda Carter's back for more punishment.

LMAO

Damn, it wasn't that bad.

Barret 09-27-2011 04:21 PM

Here is the racial abilites and perks and stuff off of BetaCake

http://www.betacake.net/2011/09/skyr...ies-perks.html

Buck 09-27-2011 04:40 PM

Man I really hope this game doesn't seem as repetitive as Oblivion. I just couldn't get fully into that game.

Buck 09-27-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 7946697)

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7946834)
Star-studded voice cast is nice. Star-studded writers would be nicer. This'll be like having an all-star voice team read the nutritional information on the side of a cereal box. Although it probably won't be quite as bad as Patrick Stewart, Sean Bean and Terence Stamp's awesome voices wasted in Oblivion. And Lynda Carter's back for more punishment.

Relevant.

http://i.imgur.com/eAm6j.jpg

QuikSsurfer 09-27-2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 7947718)
I'm seriously debating taking Nov. 11 off work so I can sit at home and play.

I went ahead and put in to have the day off --- a long weekend + Skyrim... now if I can get the g/f away all weekend....

Hammock Parties 09-27-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7946859)
I wish this game wasn't scheduled to be released a couple weeks before TOR. Oh well, I'll probably end up playing it a few years after it's released.

Yeah, play a buggy MMO on release day instead of what is likely to be a fairly polished single player RPG.

Buck 09-27-2011 06:38 PM

Games on consoles almost always go on sale for one day somewhere online for like $40. I'm going to wait til I find it for that price. Bugs should be fixed by then too.

Believe me, there will be major ****ing bugs in this game.

Pants 09-27-2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7948097)
Yeah, play a buggy MMO on release day instead of what is likely to be a fairly polished single player RPG.

We're not talking about Star Trek Online here, dude. This isn't Star Wars Galaxies, it's not ****ing Age of Conan. This is BioWare's tour de force.

Are you planning on playing TOR, BTW?

whoman69 09-27-2011 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 7947831)
Man I really hope this game doesn't seem as repetitive as Oblivion. I just couldn't get fully into that game.

If you play on PC you need to download some mods.

Hammock Parties 09-27-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7948115)
We're not talking about Star Trek Online here, dude. This isn't Star Wars Galaxies, it's not ****ing Age of Conan. This is BioWare's tour de force.

I'll check it out down the road.

whoman69 09-27-2011 06:48 PM

The problem with the Oblivion voices is they had one person doing too many people. They are having quite a lot more voice actors for this, in the area of 700 different voices from what I've heard on various websites. I'll probably need a new computer to play this and will want a version with the expansions anyway.

keg in kc 09-27-2011 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7948115)

Yeah, it's not likely to be very buggy at launch, not with release being 3 months away. The new build has introduced some bugs, and from what I've seen they have a lot of polish to do from about 25 to 50, but the part of the game I've played (1 to 15 for both factions) was about as polished as any MMO I've ever played. And I'm not just talking about other MMO launches. I was shocked at how good a shape it was in.

And I hate to be the one to break it to him, but Bethesda has a long and storied history for making pretty much the buggiest games out there.

(Which didn't keeping me from buying Morrowind, Oblivion or Fallout 3 at launch - at which point they were all basically buggy messes)

whoman69 09-28-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7948581)
Yeah, it's not likely to be very buggy at launch, not with release being 3 months away. The new build has introduced some bugs, and from what I've seen they have a lot of polish to do from about 25 to 50, but the part of the game I've played (1 to 15 for both factions) was about as polished as any MMO I've ever played. And I'm not just talking about other MMO launches. I was shocked at how good a shape it was in.

And I hate to be the one to break it to him, but Bethesda has a long and storied history for making pretty much the buggiest games out there.

(Which didn't keeping me from buying Morrowind, Oblivion or Fallout 3 at launch - at which point they were all basically buggy messes)

I find it hilarious that most of the bugs were worked out by modders.

Imon Yourside 09-30-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7948581)

Agreed but you still can't seem to even put the games down, even riddled with bugs.