ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Fox: The Last Man on Earth (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290971)

Baby Lee 04-08-2015 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 11425704)
Wow....did the finale air?

8 aired, 5 to go.

Sure-Oz 04-08-2015 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11425708)
8 aired, 5 to go.

Did it air Sunday? Last ep I have dvred is 3/29

Baby Lee 04-08-2015 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 11425718)
Did it air Sunday? Last ep I have dvred is 3/29

2 eps apiece Sunday before last and the Sunday before that. None this Sunday past.

Sure-Oz 04-08-2015 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11425726)
2 eps apiece Sunday before last and the Sunday before that. None this Sunday past.

Gotcha...odd.

Baby Lee 04-09-2015 03:21 AM

According to his appearance on @midnight last night, Will is back in mountain man mode. Full beard and long hair.

Gonzo 04-10-2015 07:14 AM

I gave up on this show. It started off ok but I've just lost interest.

kepp 04-10-2015 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11428473)
I gave up on this show. It started off ok but I've just lost interest.

Yeah, me too. I just don't like the lead guy's comedic style...too over-the-top for me. I also agree with what others have said about them advancing the story line WAY too fast.

DJ's left nut 04-10-2015 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 11428626)
Yeah, me too. I just don't like the lead guy's comedic style...too over-the-top for me. I also agree with what others have said about them advancing the story line WAY too fast.

Here's a thought - maybe the seasons are largely one-offs.

Next year doesn't involve Melissa and Todd at all. Hell, maybe Carol's gone as well. The story doesn't really need her and perhaps is a little constrained by her.

Wouldn't the story have a longer life-span if Phil just gets tired of the 3 of them and jets? Onto a new town, new shenanigans. Get him out of the hot, arid desert and see what happens in the mountains, on the ocean, in the northeast. Send him to a major city like NY and see what comes of it.

This show has no choice but to devolve into a conventional sitcom if they choose to keep him where he is. However, if they just rotate cast/characters/situations around him, there's an actual lifespan there. They also kinda have a re-set button if an idea doesn't work.

Sure-Oz 04-10-2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 11428676)

Next year doesn't involve Melissa and Todd at all. Hell, maybe Carol's gone as well. The story doesn't really need her and perhaps is a little constrained by her.

Wouldn't the story have a longer life-span if Phil just gets tired of the 3 of them and jets? Onto a new town, new shenanigans. Get him out of the hot, arid desert and see what happens in the mountains, on the ocean, in the northeast. Send him to a major city like NY and see what comes of it.

This show has no choice but to devolve into a conventional sitcom if they choose to keep him where he is. However, if they just rotate cast/characters/situations around him, there's an actual lifespan there. They also kinda have a re-set button if an idea doesn't work.

I like this

Sure-Oz 04-10-2015 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 11428626)

Agreed lately has been way over the top

kepp 04-10-2015 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 11428676)

Yeah, that would work for the storyline. But I could probably only get into the show if the lead actor changed his shtick.

DJ's left nut 04-10-2015 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 11428748)
Yeah, that would work for the storyline. But I could probably only get into the show if the lead actor changed his shtick.

Well it's a Will Forte vehicle so if you're not into Will Forte's humor, it probably ain't gonna be the show for you.

Like you, I'm not generally a huge fan of his, but I do think that his standard bit of 'everyday schmuck' humor works well for the idea. The problem is that they pushed him too far over the top.

If they get it back to where they started of him just being a goofball with below average smarts, there's still a lot that can be pumped out of the premise, IMO.

ModSocks 04-10-2015 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 11428918)
Well it's a Will Forte vehicle so if you're not into Will Forte's humor, it probably ain't gonna be the show for you.

Like you, I'm not generally a huge fan of his, but I do think that his standard bit of 'everyday schmuck' humor works well for the idea. The problem is that they pushed him too far over the top.

If they get it back to where they started of him just being a goofball with below average smarts, there's still a lot that can be pumped out of the premise, IMO.

He needs to become a man again. He devolved into a perverted idiot that's more fem than the chick he's trying to bang.

I imagine that a true "last man on earth" would be doing all kinds of cool, fun and crazy shit.

DJ's left nut 04-10-2015 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11428928)
He needs to become a man again. He devolved into a perverted idiot that's more fem than the chick he's trying to bang.

I imagine that a true "last man on earth" would be doing all kinds of cool, fun and crazy shit.

Exactly.

The problem is that the show appears to have started after all that.

This would've been a fun one-season arc stuck somewhere in the middle, but this can't be all the show is. It's run its course if that's the case.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-21-2015 01:25 PM

So, Phil finally had a three way. This show kind of blows...