ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert not going anywhere. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272686)

Fish 05-01-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9650016)
What needs are those. We addressed needs in free agency.

Print em, bitches!

ChiefaRoo 05-01-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9650012)
I'm straight and very happy today!

Straight .. "today".

ceebz 05-01-2013 06:15 PM

Winston was an abomination at RT. I'm guessing he has some sort of bad injury.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-01-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebz (Post 9649952)
You're right, I guess I should fall in line like the rest of you. Maybe we can draft a LG with our first rounder next year. You can never have enough first round picks spent on the Oline.

Letting Albert walk does NOT make drafting his replacement a better move. Sweet ****; what is WRONG with you people?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootlegged (Post 9650022)
You macromaed yourself a pair of jean shorts

I only wear the finest linen when I choose to go shorts. Murano. So choice.

http://dimg.dillards.com/is/image/Di...at?$c7product$

-King- 05-01-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9650018)
What happened with Winston. Cut by Texans then cut by Chiefs after one year.
And he was supposed to be all pro type. something had to be up ?

Texans cut him because of cap issues.

Mr. Kotter 05-01-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9649966)
We have a viable backup.

Chase? :spock:

I'm glad someone believes....but until Bray is ready, eh....I'm not counting on it.

Hammock Parties 05-01-2013 06:18 PM

We should be thankful for this. With Albert and Winston at LT/RT, there will be no excuses. Pass protection is going to be excellent.

the Talking Can 05-01-2013 06:19 PM

for months people have bent over backwards to argue that Albert sucks, and is a terrible human for wanting to be paid money...

this is awesome, I love Albert, and have defended him from Day 1

only downside is we spent the #1 pick in the draft on a RT, which is just the dumbest, most pathetic ****ing thing imaginable...i mean it is reeruned (you idiot homers can shove it up your asses)

QBs are risky...drafting RTs from the MAC is smart: said no one but Chiefs fans ever

The Bad Guy 05-01-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootlegged (Post 9650022)
You macromaed yourself a pair of jean shorts

"You're like Babe Ruth's gay brother, Gabe Ruth"

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-01-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebz (Post 9650010)
I understand that keeping Albert is better for the team. What's ****ing mesmerizing me is that a 2-14 organization just spent 1.1 on a ****ing RT when they have other, more pressing needs.

Where is the ****ing logic in that?

What more pressing need did we have ?

The Bad Guy 05-01-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650054)
for months people have bent over backwards to argue that Albert sucks, and is a terrible human for wanting to be paid money...

only downside is we spent the #1 pick in the draft on a RT, which is just the dumbest, most pathetic ****ing thing imaginable...i mean it is reeruned (you idiot homers can shove it up your asses)

QBs are risky...drafting RTs from the MAC is smart: said no one but Chiefs fans ever

Yes, because Fisher's position is set in stone and is only on a one year deal and we absolutely know that Albert will be back next year.

Who else were they taking there? Some of you make this out to be that they passed on Andrew Luck because it was too risky. Passing on Geno Smith is receiving this much ridicule?

PRIEST 05-01-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9650054)

THIS

jd1020 05-01-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9650064)
What more pressing need did we have ?

Not really a need, but I would take a pass rusher all day over a RT at 1.1.

I dont think Hali is going to be around for another contract.

tk13 05-01-2013 06:24 PM

The reality is this is probably overkill.

The good news though, is that it's not really a bad thing. There's nothing wrong with a great offensive line. It can certainly control the game at the LOS. It's not a position like say, CB, where two great ones can still get burnt up and down the field with a poor pass rush.

People talk about how the Ravens had two 1st round tackles playing a good level... but look at the Niners. They have two 1st round tackles, plus Iupati, who's a first rounder... and Solari coaching them up. They can maul people up front. It's certainly hasn't hurt them. Even if Alex Smith flames out, the next guy will be in a great situation. Just like Kaepernick was.