ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

tredadda 02-12-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8368144)
Wow wow wowa wait....

hold on...

MU has been to 7 consecutive bowl games...he knows what he is talking about. Besides...they ARE a football school.

We will see if they are once they start competing year in and year out in the SEC. They have a good team this year and should compete, but they will need to really drop serious cash in their football program if they want to compete with the big boys of the SEC.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-12-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8368161)
We will see if they are once they start competing year in and year out in the SEC. They have a good team this year and should compete, but they will need to really drop serious cash in their football program if they want to compete with the big boys of the SEC.

How dare you!

They ARE big boys!

Mr. Plow 02-12-2012 07:10 PM

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/02...18&feedID=3742

A&M students take a stand against SEC policy

Some of the same students who cheered so vigorously for Texas A&M to join the Southeastern Conference could be cheering from further away because of the move.

SEC policy does not permit student seating behind the visiting team's benches. Texas A&M's student senate passed a bill Wednesday night voicing displeasure with the SEC's policy, according to a report in The Battalion, the student newspaper.

The bill stated that "any reduction of student section seating … is detrimental to the 'traditions and pageantry the 12th Man brings to Kyle Field.'"

The SEC rules require that the first 25 rows of seats behind the opponent's bench, between the 30-yard lines, cannot be occupied by students. That area at Kyle Field has not only included student seating but also Texas A&M's marching band.

As part of Texas A&M's revered 12th Man tradition, students stand throughout the game in a show of readiness to join the team on the field if called upon. If A&M follows SEC policy, that call will have to be made long-distance.

"Our first reaction was, 'This is not good.' We were upset," student body president Jeff Pickering told The Battalion. "I asked people to start thinking of scenarios for, 'If we have to adapt, how can we adapt?'"

The estimated 500 student seats would be allocated elsewhere in the stadium, while athletic department donors will likely end up in the former student section.

"We've had discussions with the SEC that it's very important to us that we maintain Texas A&M as the home of the 12th Man," Jason Cook, the school's VP of marketing and communications, told the paper. "We've talked to the conference office about the uniqueness that we have and the fast the entire East side of our stadium is all students and that's something that's special to us and unique in all of college football."

However, Cook could not confirm whether Texas A&M had made a formal appeal to the SEC for a waiver on the seating policy.

At least one student senator, Mark Womack, voiced displeasure that the school administration had not informed the students of the policy earlier.

However, another student senator, Mark Jessup, who is also head drum major of the Aggie Band, said moving the students won't alter the nationally renowned game day experience at Kyle Field.

"I think that the 12th Man isn't the 12th man because of where they're standing," Jessup told The Battalion. "I think the 12th Man is the 12th Man because of what they're standing for."

tredadda 02-12-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8368166)
How dare you!

They ARE big boys!

Going to bowl games is great, but to stand a chance in the SEC you will need top 10 recruiting classes year in and year out. Mizzou will struggle against the big boys year in and year out unless they improve that. If they struggle with OU and UT, how will they compete against Bama, LSU, and Florida. What I see is them being an Ark or SCAR. Good team, but never a true threat to win the SEC.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-12-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8368176)
Going to bowl games is great, but to stand a chance in the SEC you will need top 10 recruiting classes year in and year out. Mizzou will struggle against the big boys year in and year out unless they improve that. If they struggle with OU and UT, how will they compete against Bama, LSU, and Florida. What I see is them being an Ark or SCAR. Good team, but never a true threat to win the SEC.

7 CONSECUTIVE Bowl games bro...COME ON!

AND...they just landed DGB!

Forget how they were average-good in the BIGXII...they are clearly ready for the SEC.

7 consecutive bowls...remember that!

tredadda 02-12-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8368181)
7 CONSECUTIVE Bowl games bro...COME ON!

AND...they just landed DGB!

Forget how they were average-good in the BIGXII...they are clearly ready for the SEC.

7 consecutive bowls...remember that!

ROFL I actually like and root for Mizzou, but I am a realist. I know what they are getting into. I want them to win NCs and SEC championsips, but in order to do that they will have to be committed fully. That means the BBall program might suffer as it is hard for any school to be competitive in both, unless they are UT and have the mammoth athletic budget they have. Getting the #1 recruit is significant, but SCAR got the #1 last year (Clowney), and he was a local kid. When a program gets the #1 recruit when he is not a home product, then that is something to hang your hat on. Not getting the #1 in your home state. You are supposed to get them, especially when you are the only major school in your state.

Saul Good 02-12-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8368135)
Yeah because Michigan and Kansas are the same.

Your college football knowledge has always sucked so this should be no surprise you have no idea what you're talking about.

I've discussed Nebraska plenty you just don't have the ability to understand. 1 year doesn't define a school but anyway a Mizzou fan talking smack is comical.

One year? No.

It's taken a decade of meh to redefine your program. Back when teams ran the option, Nebraska was great. Since then, it's been the worst decade in Nebraska football history and a revolving door for coaches.

Over the last decade, your bowls have been:

Independence
Alamo
(None)
Alamo
(None)
Cotton
Holiday
Gator
Holiday
Capital One

Your season ending rankings have been:

(none)
(none)
(none)
(none)
(none)

Number of losses has been:

Nebraska's basketball is every bit as bad as KU's football, but at least KU is trying to improve.

Nebraska even makes the conference proud by being 25 spots behind the previous worst academic school in the Big 10. (At least in the Big XII, you could look down at Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, and Texas Tech from your #104 ranking.)

But your coach and players handle themselves with class, so there's that.

Saul Good 02-12-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 8368203)
ROFL I actually like and root for Mizzou, but I am a realist. I know what they are getting into. I want them to win NCs and SEC championsips, but in order to do that they will have to be committed fully. That means the BBall program might suffer as it is hard for any school to be competitive in both, unless they are UT and have the mammoth athletic budget they have. Getting the #1 recruit is significant, but SCAR got the #1 last year (Clowney), and he was a local kid. When a program gets the #1 recruit when he is not a home product, then that is something to hang your hat on. Not getting the #1 in your home state. You are supposed to get them, especially when you are the only major school in your state.

He's trolling. When the next round of realignment comes, the MWC will be happy to have him.

Titty Meat 02-12-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8368217)
One year? No.

It's taken a decade of meh to redefine your program. Back when teams ran the option, Nebraska was great. Since then, it's been the worst decade in Nebraska football history and a revolving door for coaches.

Over the last decade, your bowls have been:

Independence
Alamo
(None)
Alamo
(None)
Cotton
Holiday
Gator
Holiday
Capital One

Your season ending rankings have been:

(none)
(none)
(none)
(none)
(none)

Number of losses has been:

Nebraska's basketball is every bit as bad as KU's football, but at least KU is trying to improve.

Nebraska even makes the conference proud by being 25 spots behind the previous worst academic school in the Big 10. (At least in the Big XII, you could look down at Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas State, and Texas Tech from your #104 ranking.)

But your coach and players handle themselves with class, so there's that.

Nebraska's worst decade of football has been just as good as Missouri's best so there's that.

Yeah Nebraska's basketball program isn't trying to improve, nevermind the new practice facility that was built this year or the new arena opening next year.

Mizzou just had 1 player sentenced for sexual assault and it's coach busted for a DUI. Please tell us more about how players and coaches should conduct themselves, Mizzou fan.

Saul Good 02-12-2012 08:57 PM

More Mizzou talk.

Nebraska football is no longer any better than Mizzou football. Meanwhile, Nebraska football is trending downward, and Mizzou's is trending upward.

...and football is the ONLY thing Nebraska even pretends to bring to the table. Keep stealing that money. It's pretty badass that you get half a share of B1G cash for being the fifth best football team and the worst basketball team.

Titty Meat 02-12-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8368383)
More Mizzou talk.

Nebraska football is no longer any better than Mizzou football. Meanwhile, Nebraska football is trending downward, and Mizzou's is trending upward.

...and football is the ONLY thing Nebraska even pretends to bring to the table. Keep stealing that money. It's pretty badass that you get half a share of B1G cash for being the fifth best football team and the worst basketball team.

It's not? Then why have they won more games this decade than Mizzou? I seem to remember Nebraska beating Mizzou the last 2 times they played. That's strange.

Trending downward so you mean finishing ranked ahead of Mizzou and having a better recruiting class means they are trending down word?

You're right Nebraska's athletic program is awful. Mizzou and all of it's championships are great.

Saul Good 02-12-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8368391)
It's not? Then why have they won more games this decade than Mizzou? I seem to remember Nebraska beating Mizzou the last 2 times they played. That's strange.

Trending downward so you mean finishing ranked ahead of Mizzou and having a better recruiting class means they are trending down word?

You're right Nebraska's athletic program is awful. Mizzou and all of it's championships are great.

Do you know what a trend is?

Titty Meat 02-12-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8368397)

This is comical. Please tell us about this "trend".

Mr_Tomahawk 02-12-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8368397)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 8368412)
This is comical. Please tell us about this "trend".

Don't worry Saul...I got this!

7....yes, seven (7!) CONSECUTIVE bowl games!

Boom.

mnchiefsguy 02-12-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8368418)

Boom.

Kansas fans have no room to talk football smack with anyone. It just makes them look stupid.

Messier 02-12-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Boom.

7 consecutive bowl WINS? That is impressive!

Titty Meat 02-12-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Boom.

Missouri is great they've won less games this decade than some team trending down hurr durrrp academics our school works a camera better than yours. Your coach doesn't know how to conduct himself ours just gets a DUI.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-12-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8368423)
Kansas fans have no room to talk football smack with anyone. It just makes them look stupid.

At least....nevermind. It's too easy.

We are a basketball school.

Titty Meat 02-12-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8368427)
At least....nevermind. It's too easy.

We are a basketball school.

BCS games don't matter if you're trending up going from 10 wins to 8 wins/ Saul

Mr_Tomahawk 02-12-2012 09:16 PM

If I was in the position to give MU our BCS Championship, I would. Need to clear more space for our Basketball hardware...

Football is not even secondary at KU...Quidditch is.

mnchiefsguy 02-12-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8368439)
If I was in the position to give MU our BCS Championship, I would. Need to clear more space for our Basketball hardware...

Football is not even secondary at KU...Quidditch is.

When exactly did Kansas win the championship? I missed that time they finished #1 in the polls.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-12-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8368444)
When exactly did Kansas win the championship? I missed that time they finished #1 in the polls.

Sorry...Orange Bowl. I don't even keep up with that silly sport, I get confused with those trophies...

I reckon being a football school and all...you guys have one of those so 'you meant what I know' ;)

Spott 02-12-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8368449)
Sorry...Orange Bowl. I don't even keep up with that silly sport, I get confused with those trophies...

I reckon being a football school and all...you guys have one of those so 'you meant what I know' ;)

They already have an Orange Bowl trophy.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-12-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 8368452)

MU, KU, or both have an Orange Bowl trophy?

Spott 02-12-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8368456)
MU, KU, or both have an Orange Bowl trophy?

Both.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-12-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 8368457)
Both.

Then ya ment what I knew! Dur!

KcMizzou 02-12-2012 09:26 PM

This Mizzou basketball season has a certain KU poster going full reerun. :shake:

Mr_Tomahawk 02-12-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8368472)
This Mizzou basketball season has a certain KU poster going full reerun. :shake:

Just slide his name across the table and I will straighten him out...no one will have to know.

Titty Meat 02-12-2012 09:44 PM

Hey Saul what happened the last time the trending Tigers played Nebraska in football and what happened the last time the Tigers played the shitty Huskers basketball team?

duncan_idaho 02-12-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 8368452)

Don't forget the Sugar Bowl trophy sitting in the Mizzou trophy case...

Frazod 02-12-2012 11:57 PM

FRUIT BASKET FRUIT BASKET WOOHOO

Bambi 02-13-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8368449)

Bwahahaha ROFL :clap:

Bearcat 02-13-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8368221)
He's trolling.

LOL, someone was bored yesterday...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8367888)
I have to hand it to Nebraska. They have won conference realignment so far. Nobody got a better deal than they did.

Nebraska: "Hey B1G, is it cool if we move in?"

B1G: "Yeah, I was going to invite Mizzou, but you seem cool."

Nebraska: "Thanks, man. Hey, where can I set my last place basketball team, my fifth place football team, and my worst-in-conference academics?"

B1G: "FML"

Saul Good 02-13-2012 11:14 AM

I was pointing out the fact that his remarks were made in sarcasm and that he wasn't really praising Mizzou.

I made my original post after seeing that Nebraska was blown out by the Nittany Sanduskys to take over twelvth place in the Big Ten.

It works out okay, though. Given Nebraska's academics, they aren't likely to realize that finishing in 12th place in the Big 10 is comical. Math isn't their strong suit. This is likely because you can't wear giant styrofoam corn cobs on your head while taking math tests.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-13-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8369168)
I was pointing out the fact that his remarks were made in sarcasm and that he wasn't really praising Mizzou.

What...?!

I'm hurt.

Bearcat 02-13-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8369168)
It works out okay, though. Given Nebraska's academics, they aren't likely to realize that finishing in 12th place in the Big 10 is comical. Math isn't their strong suit. This is likely because you can't wear giant styrofoam corn cobs on your head while taking math tests.

If they took a chunk of corn out of the middle, they could turn it into an abacus.

eazyb81 02-13-2012 05:34 PM

ku should grab a seat now before it's too late....

C-USA, MWC dissolving to form new league

Posted on: February 13, 2012 2:15 pm

The institutions from Conference USA and the Mountain West are dissolving both leagues to create their own conference, college football industry sources told CBSSports.com.

The new conference will consist of 18 to 24 members and start in the 2013-14 academic year. It would not only have a conference championship football game, but also conference semifinals. Conference USA and the Mountain West would continue as is for the 2012-13 season.

http://brett-mcmurphy.blogs.cbssport...32522/34822810

Mr_Tomahawk 02-13-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8370164)
ku should grab a seat now before it's too late....

C-USA, MWC dissolving to form new league

Posted on: February 13, 2012 2:15 pm

The institutions from Conference USA and the Mountain West are dissolving both leagues to create their own conference, college football industry sources told CBSSports.com.

The new conference will consist of 18 to 24 members and start in the 2013-14 academic year. It would not only have a conference championship football game, but also conference semifinals. Conference USA and the Mountain West would continue as is for the 2012-13 season.

http://brett-mcmurphy.blogs.cbssport...32522/34822810

Why should KU grab a seat?

eazyb81 02-13-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8370167)
Why should KU grab a seat?

Because it is probably a better outcome then staying at the decaying Big Leftover after UT and OU bolt.

Who knows, maybe you could merge with the Mo Valley?

Mr_Tomahawk 02-13-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8370183)
Because it is probably a better outcome then staying at the decaying Big Leftover after UT and OU bolt.

Who knows, maybe you could merge with the Mo Valley?

Oh.

UT and OU are bolting?

That's news.

mnchiefsguy 02-13-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8370188)
Oh.

UT and OU are bolting?

That's news.

UT and OU have had one foot out the door numerous times the past few years. Why would they stop now?

Mr_Tomahawk 02-13-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8370193)
UT and OU have had one foot out the door numerous times the past few years. Why would they stop now?

I'm not really worried.

Are you?

mnchiefsguy 02-13-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8370197)
I'm not really worried.

Are you?

Nope. Mizzou is going to the most stable conference in the country. Nothing to worry about there.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-13-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8370210)
Nope. Mizzou is going to the most stable conference in the country. Nothing to worry about there.

Good job.

Looks like we all upgraded...

mnchiefsguy 02-13-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8370213)
Good job.

Hey, if you want to put your faith in OU or Texas go ahead...despite the fact they have shown repeatedly that they don't like being in the conference that they are in. Do you really think they are just going to stand pat, and stay in the Big XII?

eazyb81 02-13-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8370213)
Good job.

ku didn't upgrade. You are still on the verge of getting left in conference wasteland.

Better give UT another game on LHN next year to try and convince them to stay a bit longer.

Saul Good 02-13-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8370231)
ku didn't upgrade. You are still on the verge of getting left in conference wasteland.

Better give UT another game on LHN next year to try and convince them to stay a bit longer.

Kansas is about to pay West Virginia $1,000,000 to come join the conference right before the conference crumbles.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-13-2012 05:59 PM

Where is everyone getting these reports that the conference is crumbling?

eazyb81 02-13-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8370241)

66% of the conference left or attempted to leave within the last 24 months.

Sounds pretty stable to me.

Mr_Tomahawk 02-13-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 8370259)
66% of the conference left or attempted to leave within the last 24 months.

Sounds pretty stable to me.

Ok.

I think you are more worried about it than I am.

I am not worried about it. We lost two teams...we added two teams.

The sky is clearly falling.

eazyb81 02-13-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8370273)
Ok.

I think you are more worried about it than I am.

I am not worried about it. We lost two teams...we added two teams.

The sky is clearly falling.

Clearly I am very worried about it since I posted a link to conference realignment news in the official conference realignment thread.

You got me.

Bambi 02-14-2012 09:55 AM

Lets welcome our new brethren from.... WEST VIRGINIA!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LBWwBNYxKXg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Saul Good 02-14-2012 12:47 PM

Bad news for Mizzou. Looks like we're going to regret moving to the SEC.

http://mrsec.com/2012/02/oklahoma-wr...28MrSEC.com%29

Pitt Gorilla 02-14-2012 12:58 PM

Clay Travis article on Texas and the SEC:

http://outkickthecoverage.com/the-te...of-the-sec.php

eazyb81 02-14-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8372800)

LMAO

Quote:

Yep, you play the state of Kansas.

Twice!

In football!

Every year!

There are literally dozens of football fans across the country who will watch both those games.

Bambi 02-14-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8372800)

Clay Travis has become the poster child for football fans of programs that don't win. They have clung onto "what conference they play in" as the backing for the shit they talk.

Clay Travis is a Tennessee fan from what I've read.

Instead of worrying about how the Longhorns would fare in the SEC maybe he should be a bit more concerned about how his Vols would fare against the Longhorns.

This is how real programs conduct themselves. Not hanging their hats on the accomplishments of conference affiliates.

Pitt Gorilla 02-14-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8372973)
Clay Travis has become the poster child for football fans of programs that don't win. They have clung onto "what conference they play in" as the backing for the shit they talk.

Instead of worrying about how the Longhorns would fare in the SEC maybe he should be a bit more concerned about how his Vols would fare against the Longhorns.

This is how real programs conduct themselves. Not hanging their hats on the accomplishments of conference affiliates.

Clay Travis has incredible sources. He has been spot-on throughout the realignment process.

Bambi 02-14-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8372982)
Clay Travis has incredible sources. He has been spot-on throughout the realignment process.

I follow him on Twitter and do reference him from time to time regarding news.

His personal shit talking though reeks of amateur journalism.

Pitt Gorilla 02-14-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8372986)
I follow him on Twitter and do reference him from time to time regarding news.

His personal shit talking though reeks of amateur journalism.

I thought it was funny. Perhaps you should lighten up a bit.

Bambi 02-14-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8373067)
I thought it was funny. Perhaps you should lighten up a bit.

Look through his tweets.

I'm all for jabbing here and there but after it while it comes off as just being a prick.

just sayin

Frazod 02-14-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8373091)
Look through his tweets.

I'm all for jabbing here and there but after it while it comes off as just being a prick.

just sayin

I assume that's a minimum requirement for you as a follower.

Pitt Gorilla 02-14-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Look through his tweets.

just sayin

How do you think your posts "come off?"

Molitoth 02-14-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8370241)

"The BIG 12 conference is as strong as it's ever been." - Bill Self

(After losing Texas A&M, Missouri, Nebraska, and Colorado)

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAOLMAO

Bambi 02-14-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8373171)
How do you think your posts "come off?"

I'm not a journalist.

And I don't prop up the conference because my school never wins anything.

But if you guys are going to post his shit in this thread I'll respond to it.

Otherwise don't post it.

DaKCMan AP 02-15-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8373198)
I'm not a journalist.

And I don't prop up the conference because my school never wins anything.

But if you guys are going to post his shit in this thread I'll respond to it.

Otherwise don't post it.

Last time I checked, Texas and Tennessee have the same number of BCS Championships.

kepp 02-15-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8374549)
Last time I checked, Texas and Tennessee have the same number of BCS Championships.

Facts just cloud the issue. /wickedson

DJ's left nut 02-15-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8372769)
Bad news for Mizzou. Looks like we're going to regret moving to the SEC.

http://mrsec.com/2012/02/oklahoma-wr...28MrSEC.com%29

Berry Trammel is a reerun. If Al Eschbech is the king reerun (and he is), Trammel is definitely his prince.

Predarat 02-15-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

He is a HUGE Tennessee fan but does not hesitate to critisize them. Also he is becoming more of a Vandy Football fan because of James Franklin. He is part of a popular drive time sports talk show here in Nashville called the 3 Hour Lunch (It used to be a midday show but got moved due to its popularity and they kept the 3HL name). It a great show.

Predarat 02-15-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Look through his tweets.

just sayin

He is a prick, he knows and does not give a shit. On the radio his antics are entertaining lol. He is like the little preppy mouthy punk in school you want to punch in the mouth but cannot because his daddy will sue you.

BourbonMan 02-15-2012 11:21 AM

TCU DRUG BUST

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...otball-players

KC native 02-15-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs1968 (Post 8374925)

Yea, they usually pull one of these about every 2-3 years. They get some dumbasses selling out of the dorms and bars right next to campus. I bet only about 4 of them get expelled.

As a side note, my friends and I used to joke that the "C" in TCU stood for cocaine and not christian. Rich kids do lots of drugs.

Bambi 02-15-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 8374836)
He is a HUGE Tennessee fan but does not hesitate to critisize them. Also he is becoming more of a Vandy Football fan because of James Franklin. He is part of a popular drive time sports talk show here in Nashville called the 3 Hour Lunch (It used to be a midday show but got moved due to its popularity and they kept the 3HL name). It a great show.

cool, I'll check it out.

Bambi 02-15-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC native (Post 8374947)
Yea, they usually pull one of these about every 2-3 years. They get some dumbasses selling out of the dorms and bars right next to campus. I bet only about 4 of them get expelled.

As a side note, my friends and I used to joke that the "C" in TCU stood for cocaine and not christian. Rich kids do lots of drugs.

Exstacy use in America was going on for years in Texas before it spread across the country back in the 80's.

Saul Good 02-15-2012 12:02 PM

This bust was on football players who were dealing. Welcome to the conference.

qabbaan 02-15-2012 12:20 PM

Come on, four or five football players engaged in drug trafficking really is not a big deal.

Bambi 02-15-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8375098)

Totally reminds me of the 2010 Iowa Insight Bowl team.

Saul Good 02-15-2012 01:30 PM

For sure except those were outgoing players. This is going to have a longer lasting impact.

KC native 02-15-2012 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8375098)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8375329)
For sure except those were outgoing players. This is going to have a longer lasting impact.

It will have zero impact on the program unless it is one of our big name players (which I really doubt. The boosters take care of those kids).

All of the players who got in trouble for this will be gone. TCU's athletic program doesn't tolerate these types of things from their athletes. I personally know 4 guys who got booted from football and basketball while I was at TCU. TCU kicks them out, rescinds their scholarship, and then tells the athlete that they owe money for the curret semester (even if they are expelled).

Gary Patterson takes pride in recruiting kids that don't have bad histories or reputations as trouble makers. He'll be pissed and get anyone who was thinking of doing dumb shit back in line.

KC native 02-15-2012 02:26 PM

As for this drug bust, what probably happened (because this is how the last 3 of these have gone) is some dumbass thinks he can sell drugs in the dorm and get away with it. Well, he does for awhile and so his buddies get in on the action. It filters in to a couple of bars that are literally across the street from TCU.

The nerds or RA's (or as in the last case bar owners) will notice traffic and or just snitch to people in power at TCU. They contact FWPD. FWPD sends in young looking narcs and these dumbasses assume they're TCU kids and next thing you know 10+ people are arrested.

Most go to drug classes, get probation, and move on. 1 or 2 get an example made out of them

KC native 02-15-2012 02:29 PM

As an added note, it doesn't have to be drugs for the athletes to get booted. If they skip mandatory study halls, have a conflict with the coach (happened to my friend with neil dougherty), or just do something that reflects poorly on TCU and they're out.