ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Who were the clowns that claimed RGIII isn't that good? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265148)

notorious 10-14-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9015108)
Nope. I grew tired of him passing on defensive talent for offensive gambles while our DC was fired every year. We drafted Ashlie Lelie over Ed Reed. Ashlie Lelie...over Ed Reed. I am thankful that his offensive system, preparation and game calling helped us become dominant and win two Super Bowls. He was fired because the owner handed the team over to him and his decisions led to a steady decline over several years.

He had been there too long. When you don't have a HOF QB covering the team's deficiencies the job gets a lot harder.

mcaj22 10-14-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9015103)
I openly mocked the Dolphins for taking Tannehill, we'll see how he works out....at least they had the stones to go get a QB when they needed one.

hes a project but i mean hes not doing bad for being thrown into the fire because David Garrard crapped himself and Matt Moore stinks. That made him the starter because that franchise is desperate and hes throwing to turds like Marlon Moore and Anthony Fasano. Those are the people he threw touchdown passes to today, whoever the **** they are.

The Dolphins will go out and add a big time WR for him sooner than later. And I wouldnt be surprised if the the Dolphins are a big suitor for Bowe in the offseason.

Also if Pioli is desperate to trade Bowe by the deadline, his buddy Jeff Ireland will surely make a deal right now I bet.

listopencil 10-14-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9015112)
He had been there too long. When you don't have a HOF QB covering the team's deficiencies the job gets a lot harder.

A lot of shit went just right for us at the time. We still had leftover D talent from Reeves and Phillips. Shanny helped to put that Offense together, to build a supporting cast around Elway. I'm glad we took advantage of that window. But yeah. He had been there too long.

WV 10-14-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9015118)
hes a project but i mean hes not doing bad for being thrown into the fire because David Garrard crapped himself and Matt Moore stinks. That made him the starter because that franchise is desperate and hes throwing to turds like Marlon Moore and Anthony Fasano. Those are the people he threw touchdown passes to today, whoever the **** they are.

The Dolphins will go out and add a big time WR for him sooner than later. And I wouldnt be surprised if the the Dolphins are a big suitor for Bowe in the offseason.

Also if Pioli is desperate to trade Bowe by the deadline, his buddy Jeff Ireland will surely make a deal right now I bet.

Agreed, he's already better than I expected him to be as well especially because of what you just mentioned.

rico 10-15-2012 12:59 AM

I liked RG3, but had a bit of skepticism because I thought he had a tendency to over-throw the ball a lot...and I thought Kendall Wright bailed him out quite a few times on some crap throws. But I would have loved to have taken him....just wasn't 100% sold, honestly.

Still not sold on Tannehill and I don't care that the Chiefs made no effort to take him last year because I think there are many better prospects to choose from in this draft than him.

mdchiefsfan 10-15-2012 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9015050)
Not bad.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/15...hamgriffin.gif

Skins are averaging 29.6 PPG

That is more than a 10 point increase from last year. They added Pierre Garcon and Josh ****ing Morgan to their WR core and with a qb increased their offensive output by over 10 points per game. Who needs a qb in this league?

R8RFAN 10-15-2012 05:43 AM

He is good but he better get that run first mentality out of his mind or he won't last long in the NFL

mr. tegu 10-15-2012 06:17 AM

I think people didn't like RG3 because he played in the Big 12 and they also assumed he was a running QB because of his race and ridiculous speed. These people didn't watch the games, are ignorant, and speak in generalizations. You could see he was different.

Much like Geno Smith, people still say stupid things like they don't want a running QB for the NFL. All the while not realizing he only ran for about 80 yards all last season. People think that his 500 yard games won't translate to the NFL because he is in the Big 12. Well yeah the yards are inflated because it's college and he puts the ball on the money so his guys get YAC. In the NFL it will be 300 instead of 450-500. Still really good.

stonedstooge 10-15-2012 06:42 AM

He's a new tool in the toolbox that has never been seen before. He was available and our Executive of the Decade couldn't or wouldn't find a way to land him in Kansas City. With that being said, I'm not sure that Uncle Festus Daboll would have known what to do with him

the Talking Can 10-15-2012 06:43 AM

i would have trade literally anything to get him...

but that was too risky..

mlyonsd 10-15-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stonedstooge (Post 9015456)
He's a new tool in the toolbox that has never been seen before. He was available and our Executive of the Decade couldn't or wouldn't find a way to land him in Kansas City. With that being said, I'm not sure that Uncle Festus Daboll would have known what to do with him

Good point.

Hound333 10-15-2012 06:47 AM

I loved RGIII and wanted him here bad. If he was our QB I would still worry about him getting injured. He's awesome, but one hit away from the end.

Sure thats the same as every QB but he puts himself in more positions to get hit. ( Before you say I am racist I used to say the same thing about Steve Young)

blaise 10-15-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9015044)
Durability? He had his brain blown up and played the following week.

Yeah, you only get to have your brain blown up so many times until you start missing half seasons.

notorious 10-15-2012 07:08 AM

I think that Shanahan or the OC is part of the problem.

It would be tough, though. You don't want to try to completely kill a QB's natural instinct and talent.

He will learn. RG is pretty damn smart.

tredadda 10-15-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9015050)
Not bad.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/15...hamgriffin.gif

Skins are averaging 29.6 PPG

With less offensive talent than we have. I shudder to think what we could have done with him under center for us.