ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher: Dorsey says Chiefs could draft Joeckel and re-sign Albert (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270326)

Tribal Warfare 02-23-2013 03:32 PM

Teicher: Dorsey says Chiefs could draft Joeckel and re-sign Albert

Dorsey says Chiefs could draft Joeckel and re-sign Albert
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
General manager John Dorsey said Saturday the Chiefs might select Texas A&M’s Luke Joeckel with the first pick in the draft even if they re-sign Branden Albert, their incumbent left tackle. Dorsey said the Chiefs would draft the highest-rated player they have on their board regardless of his position.

“Then you have great competition at left tackle,’’ said Dorsey, speaking at the NFL Scouting Combine, of the combination of re-signing Albert and drafting Joeckel . “Who’s to say both of those guys are locked in to playing left tackle? Maybe one plays left guard, center, right guard, right tackle. You put your best five offensive linemen out there.

“There are so many options out there right now. Anything is possible.’’

Another interesting option for the Chiefs is Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones, who had 28 sacks over the past two seasons. The Chiefs already have Pro Bowlers at outside linebacker in Tamba Hali and Justin Houston.

“They’re both pretty good players,’’ Dorsey said of the incumbents. “But who’s to say you couldn’t acquire another outside linebacker and what you could do is begin to rotate them. What you do is you make that unit better because they’re all fresher. They’re not on the field pounding all the time. That’s the thing about building quality depth. You can make your guys fresher in the fourth quarter.’’

SAUTO 02-23-2013 03:34 PM

Well of course we COULD
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise 02-23-2013 03:35 PM

Lol Albert at LT......Joeckel to LG.

CaliforniaChief 02-23-2013 03:35 PM

:facepalm:

Just beam me up to April 25th. I'm going crazy.

The Franchise 02-23-2013 03:35 PM

Drafting "quality depth" with the first overall pick.

It's the Chiefs way.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9428811)
Lol Albert at LT......Joeckel to LG.

That would be a disaster of epic proportions.

I'd have to watch...just so I could laugh.

HoneyBadger 02-23-2013 03:36 PM

Yes, let's do exactly what pioli would have done. The fans will love that.

htismaqe 02-23-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9428821)
Yes, let's do exactly what ***** would have done. The fans will love that.

Most of them will eat it up. Dorsey and Reid are professionals, they know what they're doing. Trust them.

CaliforniaChief 02-23-2013 03:38 PM

Yeah, let's take someone with a chronic spinal condition just because we can.

And let's spend the pick of a generation so we can create some camp competition on the offensive line.

Let's chip in and send some Neosporin same-day air to Teicher...voice of the true fans. They truly are rejoicing.

O.city 02-23-2013 03:41 PM

Pretty sure this just shows everything they're saying right now, basically has little meaning.

HolyHat 02-23-2013 03:41 PM

This is ****ing insane...I certainly hope this isn't the kind of thought process Dorsey really has.

silver5liter 02-23-2013 03:41 PM

yeah ok

HolyHat 02-23-2013 03:45 PM

I'll punch baby Jack, right in his baby Johnson, if this happens.

Tribal Warfare 02-23-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9428841)
Pretty sure this just shows everything they're saying right now, basically has little meaning.

Like I said it's just media hype

Reaper16 02-23-2013 03:47 PM

Dorsey is never going to say a single sentence that reveals his thought process. Ever. There's literally no reason to interview him ever again.