ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Four Suspicious Devices Found in Waterford Lakes near Orlando (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272383)

mikey23545 04-23-2013 09:24 AM

Four Suspicious Devices Found in Waterford Lakes near Orlando

The Orange County Sheriff's Office bomb squad has been called out to examine at least four suspicious devices — one of which may be a grenade — that were "strategically placed" beneath cars and outside a day care near the Waterford Lakes town center.

Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs said during a meeting this morning that multiple devices were left in ominous locations including near a day-care center, in the middle of road, under a sheriff's patrol car and a civilian car in the 700 block of North Alafaya Trail.

Several businesses at the shopping center have been evacuated along with a nearby apartment complex, according to Orange County Fire Rescue officials. Authorities have also shut down the road at Waterford Lakes Parkway and Alafaya Trail.

Initially, one device was reported to be a black metal canister in the road near the Best Buy department store.

Few details immediately available. Check back for updates.

AussieChiefsFan 04-23-2013 09:26 AM

Well, here we go again....

mikey23545 04-23-2013 09:32 AM

Watching on tv right now...Dozens of businesses have been evacuated.

Strongside 04-23-2013 09:33 AM

That's it. I'm getting a concealed carry license.

loochy 04-23-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9616595)
That's it. I'm getting a concealed carry license.

that will clearly deflect the shrapnel from an explosive device

loochy 04-23-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey23545 (Post 9616563)
The Orange County Sheriff's Office bomb squad has been called out to examine at least four suspicious devices — one of which may be a grenade — that were "strategically placed" beneath cars and outside a day care near the Waterford Lakes town center.

Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs said during a meeting this morning that multiple devices were left in ominous locations including near a day-care center, in the middle of road, under a sheriff's patrol car and a civilian car in the 700 block of North Alafaya Trail.

Several businesses at the shopping center have been evacuated along with a nearby apartment complex, according to Orange County Fire Rescue officials. Authorities have also shut down the road at Waterford Lakes Parkway and Alafaya Trail.

Initially, one device was reported to be a black metal canister in the road near the Best Buy department store.

Few details immediately available. Check back for updates.

it was actually a can of Coke Zero

mikey23545 04-23-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9616606)

Yeah, but somebody shook it up real bad.

Titty Meat 04-23-2013 09:40 AM

False flag!

Frosty 04-23-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9616606)

I imagine people will be reporting "suspicious devices" for a while yet.

mikey23545 04-23-2013 09:41 AM

Officials said one of the objects, an unidentified black canister, was found behind the Best Buy store. Best Buy employees were evacuated and were standing outside the store in the parking lot.

Images: Bomb squad investigating several suspicious devices

An unknown backpack was also found leaning against a deputy's marked patrol car, authorities said.

More than 20 businesses in the mall, including children's preschool academy, First Friends daycare, which has 60 students, and a nearby apartment building have been evacuated.

Parents of children at the daycare were told they can pick the children up at Regal Cinemas.

Bomb-sniffing dogs and a robot were working the area.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/news/central-flo...#ixzz2RIlFKQRq

ChiefaRoo 04-23-2013 09:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Where any of these devices found underwater? If So..

mikey23545 04-23-2013 09:46 AM

Well, two of the devices have been cleared.

loochy 04-23-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo (Post 9616630)
Where any of these devices found underwater? If So..

IT WAS ALIENS

mikey23545 04-23-2013 09:47 AM

Now a bomb threat was called in to a hotel in Daytona Beach, from whence I type this post.

Strongside 04-23-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 9616604)
that will clearly deflect the shrapnel from an explosive device

That's not the point. The world is clearly full of asshats that want to destroy our way of life and keep us afraid. If I'm in public and shit gets real, I'd rather have a gun on my hip than no way to defend myself or my family.