ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

ChiefMojo 01-23-2013 02:37 PM

To clarify for some of you, the NFL doctors are stating Wilson as had only ONE concussion. The other time he sat out was due to precaution.

ModSocks 01-23-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9344895)
To clarify for some of you, the NFL doctors are stating Wilson as had only ONE concussion. The other time he sat out was due to precaution.

Link?

the Talking Can 01-23-2013 02:39 PM

but seriously, we've never gone through a draft process where the context of scouting reporters was "they're probably going to draft a QB"...

it dawned on me i've waited 30 years just to read this shit, much less the actual selection of the QB....

ChiefMojo 01-23-2013 02:40 PM

All over twitter when players were getting physicals and getting measurements Monday. Might check the Wilson interview on Arrowheadpride.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-23-2013 02:46 PM

Benjamin Allbright said Wilson had 2.

Tribal Warfare 01-23-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefMojo (Post 9344907)
All over twitter when players were getting physicals and getting measurements Monday. Might check the Wilson interview on Arrowheadpride.

link , if you have the info provide it instead of hearsay comments.

Stad 01-23-2013 02:49 PM

Him or Geno and i'll be a happy man.

Titty Meat 01-23-2013 02:54 PM

Said awhile wilson would be a strong consideration for the #1 pick no surprise.

Sorter 01-23-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8926305)
I've been on this bandwagon for over a year now.
I won't be upset with Geno Smith either. However, I liked Wilson the minute he stepped in for Mallet and played like a bad mother****er.

With that being said...

http://pichars.org/store/8339_origin...kNicholson.gif
http://gifs.gifbin.com/reverse-1233445870_ae19b02.gif
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4yjn2gaKA1r91g01.gif

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee bump.

Still prefer Geno but either will satisfy my QB lust.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-23-2013 03:06 PM

Benjamin Allbright‏@NFLDraftMonster

I would.tweet about Wilson's beautiful roll out pass, but I don't want to get accused of Homerism, so I'll talk about his overthrow instead

O.city 01-23-2013 03:11 PM

The single concussion was on here somewhere, can't remember who said it

Sorter 01-23-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9344991)
The single concussion was on here somewhere, can't remember who said it

I always thought it was 2 confirmed and 1 unreported.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-23-2013 03:13 PM

Ugh...So we spoke with Zac Desyrst {sp} today but not Wilson....what's the hold-up!

#PANICSKYISFALLING****STICKS!!

Carlota69 01-23-2013 03:13 PM

Its too bad G. Smith didnt make the Senior Bowl. Would be nice to compare Tyler and Smith at the same event/game.

Carlota69 01-23-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9344997)
Ugh...So we spoke with Zac Desyrst {sp} today but not Wilson....what's the hold-up!

#PANICSKYISFALLING****STICKS!!

Didnt the team talk to Dysert the other day? How do you know they spoke again?

Chiefs Pantalones 01-23-2013 03:15 PM

Like others here, I don't see how we don't take a QB.

All I know is whoever we draft I'm supporting 100%. Heck I'm gonna buy two of his jerseys. I'm not gonna even think about if he's gonna fail or not because I'm gonna be so lost in the miracle that we actually drafted one. It's been a long time to get excited.

ChiefMojo 01-23-2013 03:17 PM

The team will talk to all participants.

keg in kc 01-23-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9344656)
Has Dorsey already put new scouts in place, or are these the ****tards left over from the ***** regime? Now, I realize that 'zilla thinks they might be special, but, if they were hired by *****, I'm pretty sure they're ****tards.

My thinking was that I'd be surprised if there hasn't been turnover in the scouting department. But looking at kcchiefs.com, it appears there hasn't been much turnover in the scouting department, aside from the top job.

There's no director of college scouting listed on the website, which makes me think they're looking for one.

Other names listed:

National Scout: Jim Nagy enters his fourth season with Kansas City and his first campaign as a national scout for the club. Before joining the Chiefs, he spent seven years as a scout with New England (2002-08).

Regional Scout: Dom Green begins his fourth season in Kansas City. He was promoted to a regional scout for the Chiefs in 2010 after joining the club in 2009. He spent three campaigns as a scout with Tampa Bay (2006-08). - doesn't appeared tied to the tree prior to 2009.

Regional Scout: Kyle O’Brien enters his first season with the Chiefs as a regional scout and begins his 11th campaign in the National Football League in 2012. Prior to joining the Chiefs, O’Brien spent 10 seasons (2002-11) as a ful-time staff member with the New England Patriots’ personnel department. He spent two seasons as a national scout (2010-11) and worked for five years (2003, 2006-09) as an area scout.

Area Scout: Terry Delp enters his 12th year with the Chiefs and is in his seventh season as an area scout for the club. Delp originally joined the Chiefs as an intern in the personnel department following his graduation from the University of Kansas in 2001.

Area Scout: Aundrae Harris enters his fourth season as an area scout for the Chiefs.

Area Scout: Ryan Kessenich enters his fourth season as an area scout with Kansas City.

Area Scout: Jay Muraco enters his 17th season in the National Football League and is going into his fourth campaign as an area scout with Kansas City in 2012.

Area Scout: Veteran National Football League scout Pat Sperduto enters his fourth season as an area scout with Kansas City in 2012.

Area Scout: Ryne Nutt enters his third season in the Chiefs personnel department and his first as an area scout in 2012. Prior to being promoted to an area scout, Nutt spent his first two NFL seasons as a scouting assistant in the Chiefs personnel department.

Buckweath 01-23-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9345008)

All I know is whoever we draft I'm supporting 100%. Heck I'm gonna buy two of his jerseys. I'm not gonna even think about if he's gonna fail or not because I'm gonna be so lost in the miracle that we actually drafted one. It's been a long time to get excited.

Lol, I've been disappointed too many times to be supporting this team 100% no matter who we take in this draft.

I must say I'd be real excited to draft Geno though.

keg in kc 01-23-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9345008)

You say that now. Wait until they draft Collin Klein.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-23-2013 03:20 PM

Josh‏@mr_tomahawk
@NFLDraftMonster have you seeny ANY interaction between wilson and #chiefs scouts?

Benjamin Allbright‏@NFLDraftMonster
@mr_tomahawk yes

Frosty 01-23-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9345018)
My thinking was that I'd be surprised if there hasn't been turnover in the scouting department. But looking at kcchiefs.com, it appears there hasn't been much turnover in the scouting department, aside from the top job.

There's no director of college scouting listed on the website, which makes me think they're looking for one.

Other names listed:

National Scout: Jim Nagy enters his fourth season with Kansas City and his first campaign as a national scout for the club. Before joining the Chiefs, he spent seven years as a scout with New England (2002-08).

Regional Scout: Dom Green begins his fourth season in Kansas City. He was promoted to a regional scout for the Chiefs in 2010 after joining the club in 2009. He spent three campaigns as a scout with Tampa Bay (2006-08). - doesn't appeared tied to the tree prior to 2009.

Regional Scout: Kyle O’Brien enters his first season with the Chiefs as a regional scout and begins his 11th campaign in the National Football League in 2012. Prior to joining the Chiefs, O’Brien spent 10 seasons (2002-11) as a ful-time staff member with the New England Patriots’ personnel department. He spent two seasons as a national scout (2010-11) and worked for five years (2003, 2006-09) as an area scout.

Area Scout: Terry Delp enters his 12th year with the Chiefs and is in his seventh season as an area scout for the club. Delp originally joined the Chiefs as an intern in the personnel department following his graduation from the University of Kansas in 2001.

Area Scout: Aundrae Harris enters his fourth season as an area scout for the Chiefs.

Area Scout: Ryan Kessenich enters his fourth season as an area scout with Kansas City.

Area Scout: Jay Muraco enters his 17th season in the National Football League and is going into his fourth campaign as an area scout with Kansas City in 2012.

Area Scout: Veteran National Football League scout Pat Sperduto enters his fourth season as an area scout with Kansas City in 2012.

Area Scout: Ryne Nutt enters his third season in the Chiefs personnel department and his first as an area scout in 2012. Prior to being promoted to an area scout, Nutt spent his first two NFL seasons as a scouting assistant in the Chiefs personnel department.

So Dorsey brought in one new scout and he is aformer scout for the Patriots?

LMAO

Tribal Warfare 01-23-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9344993)
I always thought it was 2 confirmed and 1 unreported.

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/arti...ecision-making

RealSNR 01-23-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9345052)
So Dorsey brought in one new scout and he is aformer scout for the Patriots?

LMAO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/piVnArp9ZE0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DeezNutz 01-23-2013 03:32 PM

Don't think the list of scouts has been updated, so it may very well be inaccurate.

For example, we didn't have a director of college scouting for, at least, the last year under Pioli.

keg in kc 01-23-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9345067)
Don't think the list of scouts has been updated, so it may very well be inaccurate.

For example, we didn't have a director of college scouting for, at least, the last year under *****.

Maybe. Pretty clear the list has been updated, though. There's a lot of empty positions, and a lot of names without info/hyperlinks yet.

It's also possible they go with the current scouting staff until the draft, and then we'll see a bunch of turnover the next day.

Or maybe, as you say, there's been turnover and it's just not on the website yet.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-23-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9345025)
You say that now. Wait until they draft Collin Klein.

Lol oh boy. That would be difficult to swallow.

O.city 01-23-2013 03:51 PM

Only problems so far would be his hand size and the Petrino thing, second part maybe being overblown, don't know if he's ever had a QB as talented as Wilson.

RunKC 01-23-2013 03:52 PM

• Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson was the best signal caller of the day. He had some wobbly balls in early drills but did excellent in 11-on-11s. Went for a stretch where he did not miss a pass. Footwork looked improved from yesterday and planted much better. Threw a nice 9 route that was almost caught but overthrew Terrence Williams on a 9 route right after. Had a beautiful In route pass to Quinton Patton while under pressure. Still lacked zip on his passes, but had a better day

I don't care that his passes aren't pretty. The guy looks the part and his footwork being improved drastically helps his stock. He gets the ball where it needs to be.

O.city 01-23-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9345120)
• Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson was the best signal caller of the day. He had some wobbly balls in early drills but did excellent in 11-on-11s. Went for a stretch where he did not miss a pass. Footwork looked improved from yesterday and planted much better. Threw a nice 9 route that was almost caught but overthrew Terrence Williams on a 9 route right after. Had a beautiful In route pass to Quinton Patton while under pressure. Still lacked zip on his passes, but had a better day

I don't care that his passes aren't pretty. The guy looks the part and his footwork being improved drastically helps his stock. He gets the ball where it needs to be.

What about the lack of armstrenght, that doesn't bother you?

Frosty 01-23-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9345120)

I hate when I have wobbly balls.

RealSNR 01-23-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9345127)
What about the lack of armstrenght, that doesn't bother you?

I thought one of Tyler Wilson's positive attributes was his arm strength. It doesn't appear to be lacking when I've seen him play this season.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-23-2013 03:59 PM

This is how OTHER fan boards view the QB's...kind of interesting, if you are bored.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showt...-vs-Geno-Smith

Sorter 01-23-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9345137)
I thought one of Tyler Wilson's positive attributes was his arm strength. It doesn't appear to be lacking when I've seen him play this season.

Yup. I've never thought that was an issue.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-23-2013 04:00 PM

I wouldn't say Tyler lacks arm strength...

O.city 01-23-2013 04:01 PM

I didn't say he did, that report does.

I've never really thought that was a problem, though.

RunKC 01-23-2013 04:07 PM

Didn't really seem like arm strength was a problem. He made a 40 yard pass here and it looked like he was just going through the motion.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PtMXbeUCEQs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BigCatDaddy 01-23-2013 04:09 PM

I'm 50/50 on Wilson and Geno now. I just really like this kids toughness and leadership.

O.city 01-23-2013 04:12 PM

I'm not the one saying he has arm strength issues, that report posted by RunKc is.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-23-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9345168)
I'm 50/50 on Wilson and Geno now. I just really like this kids toughness and leadership.

Leadership?

He threw his teammates under the bus!

/O.city

O.city 01-23-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9345180)
Leadership?

He threw his teammates under the bus!

/O.city

Yep, great leadership. Led his team right into the toilet bowl this year.

EDIT: Actually, **** it. If he's the guy we take, i'm fine with it. Ecstatic actually. As I've said all along, Wilson or Geno, I'm fine with it. Sorry I brought up some concerns in a thread specifically made for talking about a prospect, if it bothered some Wilsonites this much.

RealSNR 01-23-2013 04:17 PM

What's the word on the TE Wilson seems to like a lot? Chris Gragg. I know he's a senior, and it's kind of hard to tell without combine results or 40 times. He seems like a strong, tough guy with soft hands. Runs after contact a lot. I kind of like him. Would love to see him as a late round pick.

O.city 01-23-2013 04:20 PM

zrod10 ‏@zrod10

@NFLDraftMonster anything u can comment/say about @NFLosophy report that chiefs love Wilson?
Expand

24m Benjamin Allbright Benjamin Allbright ‏@NFLDraftMonster

@zrod10 @NFLosophy I'd already reported that same thing weeks ago. Previous regime loved him. Current one likes him a lot. We'll see.
Retweeted b

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-23-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9345205)
zrod10 ‏@zrod10

@NFLDraftMonster anything u can comment/say about @NFLosophy report that chiefs love Wilson?
Expand

@zrod10 @NFLosophy I'd already reported that same thing weeks ago. Previous regime loved him. Current one likes him a lot. We'll see.
Retweeted b

Comment From Guest
Has there been any turnover in the scouting / personnel department since Dorsey came on board, or do you expect there to be many changes in that department before the draft? If I remember correctly there was some discussion when Pioli was hired that he didn't have his staff in place prior to fully feel comfortable with his first draft.
1:22

Adam Teicher:
Dorsey has said he won't make any changes on scouting staff, at least not right away. You're right about Pioli. He didn't trust the scouts when he came to the Chiefs. A lot of them were still around but not involved in that first draft and then were fired right afterward. But Dorsey seems to think he can trust and work with the scouts

O.city 01-23-2013 04:23 PM

Good to hear that Dorsey is flexible.

Tribal Warfare 01-23-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9345208)

Adam Teicher:
Dorsey has said he won't make any changes on scouting staff, at least not right away. You're right about *****. He didn't trust the scouts when he came to the Chiefs. A lot of them were still around but not involved in that first draft and then were fired right afterward. But Dorsey seems to think he can trust and work with the scouts

For now dut dut daaaaaaaaaaaaaa

RealSNR 01-23-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9345205)
zrod10 ‏@zrod10

Expand

Retweeted b

Uhp. Looks like that's the killshot on Wilson's career.

O.city 01-23-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9345221)

I was thinking that as well.

Rexx 01-23-2013 04:25 PM

The leadership and toughness Wilson brings to the table is hard to ignore. He may have the "it" factor that many of the top QB's seem to have. The combine is going to be interesting!

htismaqe 01-23-2013 04:26 PM

I'm just going to assume we won't hear anymore criticisms of Geno, since this thread turned into such a pussy fest.

I can't believe we can't have an objective conversation around here anymore. Completely run by morons...

O.city 01-23-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9345234)
I'm just going to assume we won't hear anymore criticisms of Geno, since this thread turned into such a pussy fest.

I can't believe we can't have an objective conversation around here anymore. Completely run by morons...

Watch out, you will get shit on.

RunKC 01-23-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9345221)

They would have drafted Glennon. I have no doubt about it.

htismaqe 01-23-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9345240)
Watch out, you will get shit on.

I'm past the point of giving a ****.

I think I might go full Redrum at this point and see how long it takes for me to get banned...

beer bacon 01-23-2013 04:31 PM

He's got tiny hands. Say no to "Tiny Hands" Tyler Wilson!

O.city 01-23-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9345247)
I'm past the point of giving a ****.

I think I might go full Redrum at this point and see how long it takes for me to get banned...

Ha.

Sorter 01-23-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9345234)

**** that. Continue mon frere.

O.city 01-23-2013 04:36 PM

I don't really give a damn about the "debate" anymore. Wilson or Smith, seems to be becoming a known that the Chiefs are leaning towards taking a QB.

Tribal Warfare 01-23-2013 04:37 PM

http://walterfootball.com/seniorbowl2013practice4.php

The Detroit Lions' coaching staff ran Tuesday's South team practice with the players in full pads. The stars of Tuesday for the South were Stanford running back Stepfan Taylor, Florida running back Mike Gillislee, Georgia nose tackle John Jenkins and Oklahoma tackle Lane Johnson. All of them had excellent practices from start to finish.

San Diego State cornerback Leon McFadden and Louisiana Tech wide receiver Quinton Patton stood out as well. Arkansas quarterback Tyler Wilson was the best of the three South signal-callers. We'll have more on all of their practices shortly.

Unfortunately, there were some injuries that impacted the South roster. Southern Miss linebacker Jaime Collins was out with a hamstring injury and Cornell offensive lineman J.C. Tretter suffered a broken nose. Texas A&M wide receiver Ryan Swope and Tennessee guard/tackle Dallas Thomas were held out too.

The scouts had a good look early in practice at the defensive backs' flexibility in the individual drills. Alabama safety Robert Lester looks very stiff and is a plodder. He needs to work hard to look better at the NFL Scouting Combine. Georgia cornerback Sanders Commings and safety Shawn Williams need improvement as well. On the other hand, Georgia safety Bacarri Rambo and William & Mary cornerback B.W. Webb both looked fluid.

Next, the receivers and cornerbacks broke into one-on-ones. The wideouts have the advantage in this drill because they know the route with the quarterback, while the cornerbacks have no help via a safety or a pass rush.

Patton's first rep wasn't impressive as Southeastern Louisiana cornerback Robert Alford ran with him to force an incompletion as both players dived for the ball. Patton came back to make a phenomenal grab against Alford while falling backward. Patton displayed nice quickness on other one-on-one reps. He attacks the football and is a gritty receiver. Patton has competed well this week and is helping his cause.

Another receiver who quietly did well on Tuesday was Baylor's Terrance Williams. Like Patton, Williams' first rep was nothing special as Lester was able to break up a pass. After that though, Williams was getting a lot of separation on defensive backs. He beat Commings on a quick slant and burned Rambo on an out and up to get wide open, but that pass was overthrown. Williams then worked his way open against Webb, but dropped the pass. Most importantly, Williams showed the ability to get separation through quickness and good route-running.

Arkansas wide receiver Cobi Hamilton has had a mixed Senior Bowl. He got open against McFadden, but the pass was thrown a little late. McFadden showed nice recovery speed to break up the deep ball. He was consistently providing good coverage in the team scrimmage and seven-on-sevens.

The tight ends, running backs and linebackers fit in their rotations in as well. Gillislee had a nice reception for solid yards on an out route against Texas A&M linebacker Sean Porter. Wake Forest fullback Tommy Bohanon also looked good, beating Alabama linebacker Nick Johnson for a nice reception. Rambo, meanwhile, had tight coverage to slap a pass away from Rice tight end Vance McDonald.

The defensive line and offensive line had a spirited one-on-one pass-rushing session. One of the new roster additions was Louisiana Tech offensive tackle Jordan Mills. He drew some positive reviews and had a few good battles in the one-on-one sessions.

BYU defensive end Ezekiel Ansah started out his session by beating Mills with a bull rush. Ansah got great leverage under Mills' arm to charge into the pocket. The next rep saw Mills allow some penetration, but he held off Ansah long enough to get a win. Ansah beat Mills when they rematched by using a lightning spin move, but Mills stood up a bull rush to earn a split on the final two reps.

Kentucky guard Larry Warford had a good showing on Tuesday. He had two wins against South Florida defensive tackle Corey Grissom. Florida State defensive tackle Everett Dawkins tried a spin move on Warford that went nowhere. Dawkins did beat him on one rep with a speed rush, but Warford bounced back to easily stuff a bull rush from Dawkins.

Unfortunately, Warford didn't go against Georgia nose tackle John Jenkins. The latter was dominant against Clemson center Dalton Freeman; Jenkins outweighs Freeman by about 60 pounds and it showed. Jenkins abused Freeman with a powerful jolt, followed by a rip move, to get to the marker in a blur. It was probably the most impressive rush of the day.

Jenkins' bull rush also victimized Chadron State guard Garrett Gilkey on two plays. The second one saw Gilkey get shoved to the ground courtesy of a rip move and a power rush. 3-4 defenses looking for a disruptor on the inside of their defensive line have to love what they see out of Jenkins.

A potential poor man's version of Jenkins is Tennessee-Martin nose tackle Montori Hughes. He added to Freeman's long day by beating him with a rip move to gain leverage on the center.

Oklahoma's Lane Johnson was the best offensive tackle on the South squad on Tuesday. He beat Clemson's Malliciah Goodman on a few reps, including one where he pushed Goodman into the turf with force. Johnson also had some easy wins with LSU defensive end Lavar Edwards.

Virginia offensive tackle Oday Aboushi and Florida offensive tackle Xavier Nixon had mixed days. Each of them has some athleticism, but needs more refinement on their technique. Aboushi, at times, looks very good mirroring speed-rushers, while Nixon has some ability in the ground game. They both have some potential, but will require more development than a player like Johnson.

The offensive line fared better in the team-scrimmage session. That success allowed Gillislee and Taylor some nice running lanes that they turned into long runs.

Taylor got it started by running toward the middle before cutting to the right side to break into the secondary. He juked a defensive back 10 yards past the line of scrimmage and was off into the open field. It probably would've been a 65-yard touchdown run in an actual game.

Taylor had another nice run up the middle for over 10 yards. He repeatedly got good yards on the inside and showed nice quickness and vision.

Gillislee ran well up the middle too; he's slippery at the second level. He dodges defenders and finds a way to pick up extra yards before defenders can get ahold of him. Gillislee had at least four runs of over 10 yards in the team scrimmage.

Both Taylor and Gillislee looked good in pass protection and receiving as well. They really have showcased a complete skill set to potentially be three-down backs in the NFL. They are two impressive sleeper running backs who could be second-day picks.

Tyler Wilson displayed a solid arm strength and accuracy in both the seven-on-seven and team-scrimmage practices. One of his good throws went to Gillislee for a nice gain. Wilson also showed perfect ball placement to drop a throw into McDonald in a tight window between Rambo and Lester. Wilson showed off some of his arm strength when he laced a fastball into the chest of Connor Vernon on a dig route with defenders close. That route yielded another good gain from Wilson on a bullet to Hamilton between Rambo and Williams.

Wilson had a pretty play on which he ran out on a bootleg before dropping in a perfect pass to Tennessee tight end Mychal Rivera. A defender skied high in the air, but Wilson had great touch on the ball to get it over the defender's hands and into his target.

Not everything went Wilson's way though. One of his short passes was deflected up into the air by California cornerback Marc Anthony, allowing Florida State linebacker Vince Williams to run under the ball for the interception. It wasn't exactly Wilson's fault, but his receiver definitely wasn't open and he forced the throw.

Wilson recovered and connected with Patton for a big gain in the deep middle of the field. However, the play was slow enough that the signal-caller would've been sacked in a real game. Still, coaches and scouts like to see a throw and completion as if the protection had been sound.

It was clear from Tuesday that Wilson is the most efficient and polished quarterback on the South squad. His teammates, Florida State quarterback E.J. Manuel and Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones, flash big arms and occasional nice throws at times, but neither was very consistent.

Manuel's day wasn't great. For one, he telegraphed a dump-off throw that was batted down by Stanford linebacker Chase Thomas. It could have been easily intercepted. Manuel had another attempt in which Hamilton was running open on a corner post, but the signal-caller sailed the ball out of bounds. Manuel completed a lot of check downs, but he doesn't seem to be a natural passer.

Jones' day had its problems as well, including a fumbled snap to start his reps. He also had a late throw to Vernon that was batted away by Anthony. McFadden followed suit by slapping away a pass from Jones on a dig route.

htismaqe 01-23-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9345270)
I don't really give a damn about the "debate" anymore. Wilson or Smith, seems to be becoming a known that the Chiefs are leaning towards taking a QB.

The "debate" USED to be the best part of this.

The collective football knowledge of this place produced some Pop Warner coaches, a whole lot of football-savvy fans, and ultimately led to regime change at 1 Arrowhead Drive.

It's sad that every football discussion is now "your guy sucks, my guy rules".

O.city 01-23-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9345287)

The collective football knowledge of this place produced some Pop Warner coaches, a whole lot of football-savvy fans, and ultimately led to regime change at 1 Arrowhead Drive.

Yeah.

And the fact that some posters don't like prospects simply because people on CP like him too much, not because of his skillset.

Again, though, I don't care either way.

Chiefs have first pick, got best coaching/GM prospect available, about to take QB first overall. It's a great time to be a fan, even if CP is what it is.

Tribal Warfare 01-23-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9345287)

Not you, but some senior members of the BB influenced the degradation of the football banter also. You got to remember that too.

RunKC 01-23-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9345270)

Agreed

Sorter 01-23-2013 04:44 PM

"Wilson recovered and connected with Patton for a big gain in the deep middle of the field. However, the play was slow enough that the signal-caller would've been sacked in a real game. Still, coaches and scouts like to see a throw and completion as if the protection had been sound. "

WTF does that mean?

There's no way of knowing whether or not the pocket could have shifted, he'd received optimal protection, etc. Dumb ****ing reporting. Just say it was a slow developing play and move the **** on. JFC.

Sorter 01-23-2013 04:46 PM

"Patton's first rep wasn't impressive as Southeastern Louisiana cornerback Robert Alford ran with him to force an incompletion as both players dived for the ball. Patton came back to make a phenomenal grab against Alford while falling backward. Patton displayed nice quickness on other one-on-one reps. He attacks the football and is a gritty receiver. Patton has competed well this week and is helping his cause. "

"On the other hand, Georgia safety Bacarri Rambo and William & Mary cornerback B.W. Webb both looked fluid. "

Weeeee, both guys I liked. (not including W&H, haven't watched him at all).

duncan_idaho 01-23-2013 04:47 PM

I will fully get behind Tyler Wilson if he's KC choice at No. 1.

I prefer Geno Smith, but Wilson is going to be a good NFL player, IMO.

At least the somewhat ridiculous claims that Wilson will be available at No. 34 seem to be dropping off. That was a big part of the "true fan" argument. At least one erroneous part has slipped away!

O.city 01-23-2013 04:49 PM

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

I think you might be, good luck. RT @ChiefsOsFan: @caplannfl Tyler Wilson was a first round pick before this week are you HIGH?

Looks like our friendly neighborhood twitter guru is at it again.

Caplan said Wilson was a 3 or 4 round pick before this week.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-23-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9345324)
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

I think you might be, good luck. RT @ChiefsOsFan: @caplannfl Tyler Wilson was a first round pick before this week are you HIGH?

Looks like our friendly neighborhood twitter guru is at it again.

Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

Coming in, 3-4, but has helped himself. RT @jasonkmt: @caplannfl Adam, what round does Tyler Wilson project in the draft as of right now?

That's what he said before that

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-23-2013 04:51 PM

Benjamin Allbright ‏@NFLDraftMonster

@caplannfl @jasonkmt Lol, round 3-4? He's a top 15 lock. Had a mid/late first grade from advisory committee last year.

htismaqe 01-23-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9345298)
Not you, but some senior members of the BB influenced the degradation of the football banter also. You got to remember that too.

Oh I know.

This started way before Bob ever showed up.

It's just come to a head here lately.

O.city 01-23-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9345328)
Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl

Coming in, 3-4, but has helped himself. RT @jasonkmt: @caplannfl Adam, what round does Tyler Wilson project in the draft as of right now?

That's what he said before that

Yeah, he's and idiot.

And from what I've read, as most here predicted, it's pretty much a given that 3 QB's will go in the top 10. There's no way Geno or Wilson were ever going to be available in the 2.

htismaqe 01-23-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9345345)
Yeah, he's and idiot.

And from what I've read, as most here predicted, it's pretty much a given that 3 QB's will go in the top 10. There's no way Geno or Wilson were ever going to be available in the 2.

Top 10 might be pushing it but I fully expect to see 3 QBs go in the first 15 picks or so.

O.city 01-23-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9345344)
Oh I know.

This started way before Bob ever showed up.

It's just come to a head here lately.

Well, the constant barrage of Geno bashing int he Geno thread, led to the Geno guys blasting away full blast.

But don't do that in this thread, it's forbidden.

O.city 01-23-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9345352)
Top 10 might be pushing it but I fully expect to see 3 QBs go in the first 15 picks or so.

IMO, the Chiefs were always taking a QB. Same with the Cardinals and Bills. Few other WC's.

htismaqe 01-23-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9345315)
I will fully get behind Tyler Wilson if he's KC choice at No. 1.

I prefer Geno Smith, but Wilson is going to be a good NFL player, IMO.

At least the somewhat ridiculous claims that Wilson will be available at No. 34 seem to be dropping off. That was a big part of the "true fan" argument. At least one erroneous part has slipped away!

Yeah, the Wilson talk today is VERY encouraging.

Even if we don't take him, it's going a long way to killing all the stupid scenarios that involve us taking something other than a QB.

htismaqe 01-23-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9345353)
Well, the constant barrage of Geno bashing int he Geno thread, led to the Geno guys blasting away full blast.

But don't do that in this thread, it's forbidden.

The guys that organized the Geno thread would have been smart to do the same from the very beginning.

Notice how much Wilson bashing there is in this thread now? The Geno thread is completely ruined.

O.city 01-23-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9345361)
The guys that organized the Geno thread would have been smart to do the same from the very beginning.

Notice how much Wilson bashing there is in this thread now? The Geno thread is completely ruined.

Yeah, probably so. But they didn't. They took to arms for their guy. I'm fine with that.

They studied and watched a guy, really like him, and they are fighting for him. I like Geno as well. Alot. I didn't watch/research/learn as much as those guys, which is probably why I'm fine with Wilson as well, like him alot too.

But in the Wilson thread, you have to say an equal amount of positive things as negative things. Weird.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-23-2013 05:04 PM

Lol only CP. Most fanbases that haven't seen their team draft a QB in the first round in 30 years wouldn't be so picky just as long as the pick was a QB on April 25th. Not here lol.

htismaqe 01-23-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9345389)
Lol only CP. Most fanbases that haven't seen their team draft a QB in the first round in 30 years wouldn't be so picky just as long as the pick was a QB on April 25th. Not here lol.

I totally agree.

EDIT: The irony is that only 25% of the fanbase is really "picky" like you say. The other 75% DOESN'T WANT A QB AT ALL!

Sorter 01-23-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9345373)
Yeah, probably so. But they didn't. They took to arms for their guy. I'm fine with that.

They studied and watched a guy, really like him, and they are fighting for him. I like Geno as well. Alot. I didn't watch/research/learn as much as those guys, which is probably why I'm fine with Wilson as well, like him alot too.

But in the Wilson thread, you have to say an equal amount of positive things as negative things. Weird.

I started off as a Wilson guy since I saw him fill in for Mallett. I really like both him and Geno, I just like Geno more. My Qb rankings (as I've previously posted) are Geno, Wilson, Nassib, Barkley, Dysert, Glennon.

I think there is a pretty large gap b/w Geno/Wilson and the others but the others could do well depending on the offensive philosophy/situation they're drafted into. JMHO though.

htismaqe 01-23-2013 05:16 PM

Listening to Mitch Holthus talk about drafting ANYBODY other than a QB is excruciating.