ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

suds79 09-30-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 8960669)
Say hello to Glen Dorsey's replacement.

lol. That sounds about right.

Another 5 tech in the first. It's what Scott does best.

DeezNutz 09-30-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8960568)
Geno Smith isn't as fast or athletically gifted as RGIII, but his pocket awareness in more advanced and his mobility is far better than you are trying to paint it to be.

Just stop talking.

Yep. He's more poised in the pocket, which obviates the running advantage that RGIII possesses. Both are elite athletes.

SAUTO 09-30-2012 11:03 AM

Lol at zilla again
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8960609)
You are trying to sell this stupid ****ing idea that Geno Smith doesn't have the athletic ability to make plays if he doesn't make quick reads.

That is sheer utter bullshit.

He isn't as fast or athletically gifted as RGIII, but he has enough speed and athletic ability to escape pressure and make plays outside the pocket with his arm.

You're selling bullshit, and I am not buying it.

Go sell your bullshit to whoever is stupid enough to buy it.

But stop trying to sell it to me.

I've seen Geno Smith, and I can smell your bullshit from 1500 miles away.

You are describing a more athletic version of Aaron Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers is not Big Ben. Big Ben is a freelancer. He is not that great at consistently making quick reads, but he is the best in the game at being able to freelance into getting a read open. RGIII's floor is that that's the type of game he plays, because he has the elite athleticism to do it. Not many people can do this. By the way, Aaron Rodgers is an elite pocket passer. That's why he's successful. His ability to extend plays is only an added bonus to that.

Aaron Rodgers can't make his living off of freelancing. Neither can Geno Smith. And it's exactly what's damaging Mark Sanchez's career. He has to be excellent at making quick reads in a complicated NFL offense.

I have never, ever said he can't do this. I've said repeatedly that I believe he can. But he's not even close to the surefire prospect RGIII was because unlike RGIII, he HAS to rely on a mental part of the game that he hasn't been asked to do nearly as much in WVU.

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8960631)
zilla, please just stop. This is ridiculous.

Sorry, I don't give hand jobs to every QB prospect that comes in the door.

I have never once said I wouldn't draft Geno Smith. I love the guy. Have been on his bandwagon for a year.

But this hand jobbing that he's a bulletproof prospect or that he's in RGIII or Luck's class is ridiculous. Right now he is a system QB with a terrific skill set and limited flaws in his game. But you can't say he can succeed in an NFL pro style offense until he actually plays in one.

SAUTO 09-30-2012 11:12 AM

When did RG3 play in an NFL offense?
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8960831)
When did RG3 play in an NFL offense?
Posted via Mobile Device

Read the thread, jackass.

Bump 09-30-2012 11:15 AM

ONE AND FIFTEENO FOR GENO!

DO IT

SAUTO 09-30-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8960865)
Read the thread, jackass.

I have. RG3 did not play in an NFL offense in college
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8960913)
I have. RG3 did not play in an NFL offense in college
Posted via Mobile Device

Clearly you didn't. I've addressed this multiple times.

RGIII's downside is that he's an elite freelancer like Big Ben. His upside is that he becomes Big Ben but is much better at reading defenses.

Geno Smith is not built to be a freelancer. He is built to be a more athletic version of Aaron Rodgers. Pocket passer first, scrambler second.

SAUTO 09-30-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 8960931)
Clearly you didn't. I've addressed this multiple times.

RGIII's downside is that he's an elite freelancer like Big Ben. His upside is that he becomes Big Ben but is much better at reading defenses.

Geno Smith is not built to be a freelancer. He is built to be a more athletic version of Aaron Rodgers. Pocket passer first, scrambler second.

I read you say this multiple times idiot.

Then you say that Geno slips some as a prospect because he doesn't play in a Pro set.

Neither did RG3. but your OPINION is that he is like Ben, who btw has probably thirty pounds on RG3 and can take the abuse of being beat on by sustaining those plays
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8960988)
I read you say this multiple times idiot.

Then you say that Geno slips some as a prospect because he doesn't play in a Pro set.

Neither did RG3. but your OPINION is that he is like Ben, who btw has probably thirty pounds on RG3 and can take the abuse of being beat on by sustaining those plays
Posted via Mobile Device

You are exaggerating "slipping." I've said that he's the best prospect in the class, but he's not the elite prospect RGIII or Luck were. Nobody should be upset about taking him #1, but there have been much better surefire #1's than him.

And RGIII would play a Big Ben style but in a different way. Big Ben is crafty at dodging defenders, but the whole idea is that he extends plays. RGIII is crafty at moving around so that no defender can catch up to him. But unlike a Vick or your typical scrambling QB, he has an uncanny ability to keep his head looking downfield and throw a perfect pass on the run. Geno Smith can do that too. But not in the elite way RGIII can. RGIII is a guy whose offense can revolve around moving him around in unique ways. Geno's offense will be built around him succeeding in the pocket, then using scrambling as a bailout.

So the importance of running an NFL offense was a lot less so with RGIII than for Geno.

SAUTO 09-30-2012 11:29 AM

Lol keep spinning. You look stupid here. And all this is your opinion
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 09-30-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 8961089)
Lol keep spinning. You look stupid here. And all this is your opinion
Posted via Mobile Device

No, it's not my opinion. It's the opinion of every draft expert that has not agreed to Geno Smith being a consensus #1 even against Barkley.

But continue to keep your head in the sand that he's a perfect prospect with no risk or flaws.

ForeverChiefs58 09-30-2012 11:40 AM

Another team that scares me for moving up is the 49ers. They are loaded with draft picks, I believe 12 picks, and I could see if they miss the SB, Smith being the scapegoat and their weakest link. They just resigned him last year, but it allows them to pull the trigger when there is a shot at "the next Peyton Manning coming out of college" when they flirted with PM earlier this year. 4th rd pick Kapernick looks good, but he is not Geno Smith.

Another thing to note is Geno Smith has great WR's, and he does make them look great as well, but you could have a team wanting to trade up to get a top WR like Atlanta did with Julio Jones. That could also kind of set the pirice for other teams who want to move up.