ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Draft order (11-27-12) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267122)

Coogs 11-27-2012 02:20 PM

I'm really greedy. I want sole possession of the #1 overall pick. That gives us the #1 pick in every single round. If we tie with another team(s), a rotation basis follows in each subsequent round. Don't want that. #1 pick on day 2, and #1 pick on day 3 are potential trade bonanzas as a bonus.

ILChief 11-27-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9156919)
No way. Cecil Shorts has really come on this year and they have Laurent Robinson to go with along with Blackmon. I think they go QB or pass rusher.

Not gonna lie Oakland scares the shit out of me. They look terrible and could lose out. I hope dmc comes back and tears faces off, leading them to some wins.

7 out of 11 teams in the top 11 including us will probably be looking to upgrade at QB. Jax, Buffalo, Oakland, Philly, Cleveland and the Cards. Cleveland is a question mark depending on the new regime there. A lot of competition. We must stay in that #1 spot.

Yes, Oakland is passing Jacksonville as our biggest threat

whoman69 11-27-2012 02:28 PM

I don't think Quinn can win a game. I know Cassel can't.

htismaqe 11-27-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9156966)
I'm really greedy. I want sole possession of the #1 overall pick. That gives us the #1 pick in every single round. If we tie with another team(s), a rotation basis follows in each subsequent round. Don't want that. #1 pick on day 2, and #1 pick on day 3 are potential trade bonanzas as a bonus.

Good point.

the Talking Can 11-27-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9156966)

this

our 2nd round pick is basically a first, and we should expect to get a starter with it....and usually someone slides out of the first round and we get dibs

plus, with the likely 3rd for Carr (i hope), we could be looking at 4 picks in the top 100...a smart gm and a good draft could do a hell of a lot to get us back on track..

DJ's left nut 11-27-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9156765)
actually Oakland is becoming a threat now

they win the tiebreaker with us and play us once more

we beat oakland and win 1 other game and they could sneak up.

Yup - keep a very close eye on Oakland.

Those guys are coming apart every bit as badly as we are and perhaps worse. I think there's an excellent chance we beat them in Oakland.

We have to lose to Carolina AND Cleveland. This team could still bumble**** itself into a 4 win season.

And ultimately, it seems fairly likely at this point.

Sorter 11-27-2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9156919)
No way. Cecil Shorts has really come on this year and they have Laurent Robinson to go with along with Blackmon. I think they go QB or pass rusher.

Not gonna lie Oakland scares the shit out of me. They look terrible and could lose out. I hope dmc comes back and tears faces off, leading them to some wins.

7 out of 11 teams in the top 11 including us will probably be looking to upgrade at QB. Jax, Buffalo, Oakland, Philly, Cleveland and the Cards. Cleveland is a question mark depending on the new regime there. A lot of competition. We must stay in that #1 spot.

Laurent is on IR I believe.

DaneMcCloud 11-27-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9157002)
This team could still bumble**** itself into a 4 win season.

And ultimately, it seems fairly likely at this point.

Nah, no way.

Carolina will kick the shit out of the Chiefs next weekend, they'll lose in Cleveland, Indy and Denver will whup them and the Raiders will win in a squeaker.

The #1 overall pick belongs to the Chiefs.

DJ's left nut 11-27-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9157020)
Nah, no way.

Carolina will kick the shit out of the Chiefs next weekend, they'll lose in Cleveland, Indy and Denver will whup them and the Raiders will win in a squeaker.

The #1 overall pick belongs to the Chiefs.

You have much more faith in this team than I do.

I've been burned by these guys before. We all have. Never EVER underestimate the Chiefs inability to get out of their own ways.

They'd have won last week against 1/2 the teams in the league (Panthers, Browns and Raiders included).

RealSNR 11-27-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9157027)
You have much more faith in this team than I do.

I've been burned by these guys before. We all have. Never EVER underestimate the Chiefs inability to get out of their own ways.

They'd have won last week against 1/2 the teams in the league (Panthers, Browns and Raiders included).

Division game. Shitty teams play better than they are and better teams play worse than they are.

You saw this team against Cincinnati. They've given up. Every last one of them. Carolina will steamroll through us with ease.

ModSocks 11-27-2012 03:01 PM

A few weeks ago i'd there was no way we could secure #1 overall, top 5 certainly, but not #1.

Well, i think it's pretty damn obvious this team can't score on anyone, not even the worst teams in the league. I think #1 is imminent.

Carolina: Cam is going to run all over them.

Clev: They'll hang 20 on us....no way the Chiefs can hang with that kind of Arena ball.

Oakland worries me. They might win that game just because.

RUSH 11-27-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9157013)
Laurent is on IR I believe.

Yeah I know, but he'll come back next year after all that coin they paid him. And you could do a lot worse than him at #3 wr.

Just don't see anyway Jax takes a wr early like the guy above was predicting. QB or DE.

Sorter 11-27-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9157055)
A few weeks ago i'd there was no way we could secure #1 overall, top 5 certainly, but not #1.

Well, i think it's pretty damn obvious this team can't score on anyone, not even the worst teams in the league. I think #1 is imminent.

Carolina: Cam is going to run all over them.

Clev: They'll hang 20 on us....no way the Chiefs can hang with that kind of Arena ball.

Oakland worries me. They might win that game just because.

I fully expect Josh Gordon to get a 50+yd completion at some point in that game.

Sorter 11-27-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RUSH (Post 9157072)
Yeah I know, but he'll come back next year after all that coin they paid him. And you could do a lot worse than him at #3 wr.

Just don't see anyway Jax takes a wr early like the guy above was predicting. QB or DE.

Didn't see that.

Yeah, I doubt they draft one but I'm not too familiar with their personnel. From the little I know, I'd say QB, DE, and CB would be areas of need, like you mentioned.

The Bad Guy 11-27-2012 03:21 PM

Lol at this team beating anyone.