ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

Bowser 04-10-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9575947)
Natalie Dormer is one of my favorite actresses.

Hot as all hell but in an classy way and exceptionally talented. I loved her being cast as Margaery, but also feel like she's a little older than I had in my head. Then again, most of them are older than the books because frankly the show would otherwise be pretty damn creepy.

Yeah, better this way. I'm not sure how well a 14 year old Danerys getting pounded into submission by a 35 year old Khal Drogo would have gone over otherwise. Heh.

buddha 04-12-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9575962)
Yeah, better this way. I'm not sure how well a 14 year old Danerys getting pounded into submission by a 35 year old Khal Drogo would have gone over otherwise. Heh.

The book's description was NOTHING like that. I think Bowser was take perverse liberties.

MagicHef 04-12-2013 11:25 AM

In real medieval times, people got married at 12/13, and I think that's the type of situation GRRM is going for. I have no problem with the characters being depicted as older in the show, since that's what makes sense to us now. Even Ned was supposed to be 35 in the book, and he was played by a 53 year old.

Bowser 04-13-2013 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buddha (Post 9579812)
The book's description was NOTHING like that. I think Bowser was take perverse liberties.

No, you're right. Drogo didn't just manhadle her or anything, but if it were a girl that were actually 14 in real life playing the role of Danerys, people would have been screaming bloody murder.

SAUTO 04-13-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9583113)
No, you're right. Drogo didn't just manhadle her or anything, but if it were a girl that were actually 14 in real life playing the role of Danerys, people would have been screaming bloody murder.

He was pretty rough the first time and she wasn't very into it at first...
Posted via Mobile Device

Setsuna 04-14-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9583224)
He was pretty rough the first time and she wasn't very into it at first...
Posted via Mobile Device

She put his finger in her vagina in the books meaning she accepted the fact she was about to get her cherry popped. In the show it was straight shown to be rape.

Also WTF kind of bullshit story about Catelyn making a protection charm for Jon Snow? She hated his guts until she died. She never regretted being a prick to him. F this show for trying to earn her sympathy. Also the scene is stupid as hell because Jon is a Targaryen. Just terrible on all counts.

Bowser 04-14-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9586390)
She put his finger in her vagina in the books meaning she accepted the fact she was about to get her cherry popped. In the show it was straight shown to be rape.

Also WTF kind of bullshit story about Catelyn making a protection charm for Jon Snow? She hated his guts and was a terrible person to him let alone mother. I've lost faith in the show. What a hoax.

LMAO Pump your brakes, Speedy. It definitely is a totally different angle than the books took, but I have faith it will all make sense as to why they put it in there. Most likely, to cut some corner when it comes to the storytelling (and possibly to the story we don't know about just yet).

That is definitely my ONE complaint with the show - there just aren't enough shows in a season to tell this story as it should be told. I understand that the cost per episode is astronomical, but they would have made all that money up and then some. Move it to 15 episodes a year.

NewChief 04-14-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9586390)

Also WTF kind of bullshit story about Catelyn making a protection charm for Jon Snow? She hated his guts and was a terrible person to him let alone mother. I've lost faith in the show. What a hoax.

I agree that it's out of character from her in the books, but I think that it makes her a more interesting and developed character.

1) Who hasn't, in a moment of crisis, made all kinds of promises to the higher powers to get your ass out of that crisis, only to renege later? That is a good piece of writing.

2) After the Red Wedding, Catelyn really starts sucking in the books and becomes a flat character who basically just represent revenge (imo). This may allow for a little more development and interest. It also makes the Red Wedding that much worse, because she sees all this bad shit as her fault.

3) I agree that it changes her character, but I'm not sure the change is bad.

Setsuna 04-14-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9586431)
I agree that it's out of character from her in the books, but I think that it makes her a more interesting and developed character.

1) Who hasn't, in a moment of crisis, made all kinds of promises to the higher powers to get your ass out of that crisis, only to renege later? That is a good piece of writing.

2) After the Red Wedding, Catelyn really starts sucking in the books and becomes a flat character who basically just represent revenge (imo). This may allow for a little more development and interest. It also makes the Red Wedding that much worse, because she sees all this bad shit as her fault.

3) I agree that it changes her character, but I'm not sure the change is bad.

Well honestly I hate her in the books. And they just wasted time with that horrible story. There is so much crap they have to get into this season that it's ludicrous that they are literally wasting time with something as stupid as that.

Sfeihc 04-14-2013 07:57 PM

First "Oh, ****!!" moment in season 3, tonight. I kind of envy those who haven't read the books.

Frazod 04-14-2013 09:04 PM

Give the man a hand! LMAO

Marco Polo 04-14-2013 09:30 PM

Yeah I haven't read the books but did not see that coming where he lost his hand.

Frazod 04-14-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 9587112)
Yeah I haven't read the books but did not see that coming where he lost his hand.

That's just the tip of the iceberg this season. You really need to stay the **** out of the spoiler thread if you don't know what's coming.

Bowser 04-14-2013 09:44 PM

"Pace yourself, lad"

Bowser 04-14-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douchemaster General (Post 9587133)
That's just the tip of the iceberg this season. You really need to stay the **** out of the spoiler thread if you don't know what's coming.

Yeah, I'll second this.