ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Sac's 2014 Chiefs Mock Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275310)

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-13-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10083322)
You've got Smith, Daniel and Bray for another five years minimum.

I'd seriously recommend getting this "draft a QB in the first round" shit out of your head.

If Smith is here for five years based on his performance thus far, we've got a serious problem with Andy Reid.

Nightfyre 10-13-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10083322)
You've got Smith, Daniel and Bray for another five years minimum.

I'd seriously recommend getting this "draft a QB in the first round" shit out of your head.

The same QBs for five-years minimum? you need to get your head checked. Who was the last team to have the same three QBs for five years in a row? Alex Smith isn't playing at an extension-worthy level. Chase Daniel is expendable. And Bray is an UDFA signed to a three year deal with no hooks, I would bet. Every one of these guys is expendable.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-13-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10083924)
The same QBs for five-years minimum? you need to get your head checked. Who was the last team to have the same three QBs for five years in a row? Alex Smith isn't playing at an extension-worthy level. Chase Daniel is expendable. And Bray is an UDFA signed to a three year deal with no hooks, I would bet. Every one of these guys is expendable.

And I bet we've got the FO with the balls and vision to see it.

Since never.

Saccopoo 10-13-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 10083656)
Bowe is a stud. Perfect for this offense if your QB has enough balls to throw into even NCAA level windows.

That's great. However, receivers don't win you Super Bowls. Ever. You don't build an offense around a receiver.

There is no way in hell that the Chiefs (or anybody for that matter) drafts a QB in order to placate the game stylings of a singular receiver.

Saccopoo 10-13-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10083722)
If Smith is here for five years based on his performance thus far, we've got a serious problem with Andy Reid.

The Chiefs are 6-0.

Do you think that 6-0 equates to a serious problem with Reid?

Do you think that 6-0 equates to a serious problem with Smith?

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that Hunt/Dorsey/Reid don't care too much about Fantasy Football Fan's idea of what a QB needs to be doing as long as the wins keep rolling in. Especially after what this team and it's fans suffered through during the Herm/Haley/Crennel/Pioli years.

And if you've been watching the games, like I'm sure Reid and Dorsey have, you'll understand that they are going to be looking at Smith not turning the ball over, making sound decisions with the ball, etc., all while having dog shit to work with other than Charles and they'll happily support him and Reid's offense through the draft with players that fit the system and style.

Receivers who can run precision routes with good hands. Offensive lineman who can lock on and drive block defenders. And they'll throw Sutton whatever bone he wants, but the defense is pretty set and relatively young and loaded with first round talent.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-13-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10084054)
The Chiefs are 6-0.

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure that Hunt/Dorsey/Reid don't care too much about Fantasy Football Fan's idea of what a QB needs to be doing as long as the wins keep rolling in. Especially after what this team and it's fans suffered through during the Herm/Haley/Crennel/Pioli years.

And if you've been watching the games, like I'm sure Reid and Dorsey have, you'll understand that they are going to be looking at Smith not turning the ball over, making sound decisions with the ball, etc., all while having dog shit to work with other than Charles and they'll happily support him and Reid's offense through the draft with players that fit the system and style.

Receivers who can run precision routes with good hands. Offensive lineman who can lock on and drive block defenders. And they'll throw Sutton whatever bone he wants, but the defense is pretty set and relatively young and loaded with first round talent.

At this point, yes. Yes I do. Because Smith has little or nothing to do with it, and seems to be regressing. Should I waste my draft picks to build the perfect protective cocoon for the check down king?

Sweet God I hope the **** not.

Nightfyre 10-13-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10084054)
The Chiefs are 6-0.

Do you even watch the games? JFC.

the Talking Can 10-14-2013 06:49 AM

this 'we're 6-0 so no one on our team sucks' logic from saccofbats ranks with one of the dumber things ever said...

when you have players on your roster that objectively suck, you replace them

true of the OL, true of the QBs

our QB roster is bullcrap

mszymko 10-14-2013 09:23 AM

Look, I believe that our biggest limitation is at the QB position as well. However, after turning a complete 360 from last season and starting our season 6-0 there is little to no chance that Andy parts ways with A Smith next season.

I think its a million times more likely that we build around A Smith. Considering Andy's past I could see us bringing in a quality WR in free agency to play alongside Bowe. But, depending on how the rest of Bowe's season goes I could see us shopping him at the end of the season for a pick or player that is a better fit for for our offensive style. Someone with big YAC potential...maybe we should have inquired about J Gordon when we had the chance? Or even Percey Harvin when he was available!

^Add a guy like that to our WR core and we might have a complete offense...assuming that our TE get healthy and overlooking the fact that Smith isn't exactly the complete pkg at QB.

Saccopoo 10-14-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10084264)
this 'we're 6-0 so no one on our team sucks' logic from saccofbats ranks with one of the dumber things ever said...

when you have players on your roster that objectively suck, you replace them

true of the OL, true of the QBs

our QB roster is bullcrap

No, it's not.

Alex Smith is 26-5-1 in the last three seasons. I don't give a flying squirrel's fart about statistics. In the end, all that matters is wins. And Smith, over the past three seasons, is winning - better than any other QB in the league in fact.

That gives you a chance at the playoffs, which subsequently gives you a chance at the Super Bowl. And that's all that matters. Period. End of story. Finito.

Daniel is a backup QB. And guess what? That's what he's currently doing.

Bray has a shit ton of talent and needs to be groomed. And guess what? As the third string guy, that's what he's currently doing.

I'm sorry, but there is absolutely no problem with the Chiefs QB situation on any level. None.

Direckshun 10-14-2013 02:59 PM

Depth.

The Chiefs QB situation has no depth. That's one problem.

ChiefsCountry 10-14-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10085750)
Depth.

The Chiefs QB situation has no depth. That's one problem.

Alex Smith would be an outstanding #2 QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-14-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10085211)
No, it's not.

Alex Smith is 26-5-1 in the last three seasons. I don't give a flying squirrel's fart about statistics.

wut?

DaneMcCloud 10-16-2013 01:16 PM

Sorry Sac, outside of maybe Jackson, I think this mock sucks.

The Chiefs will likely add a few guards and tackles to the squad in the 2014 offseason via the draft and free agency. But I can't see them drafting DT's and CB's when they're loaded at the position.

Their focus will likely be WR, TE, G, T, QB, RB. They most definitely need to draft another QB, even if he sits on the practice squad until 2015. Reid must continually work to develop QB's.

Saccopoo 10-18-2013 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10091549)
Sorry Sac, outside of maybe Jackson, I think this mock sucks.

The Chiefs will likely add a few guards and tackles to the squad in the 2014 offseason via the draft and free agency. But I can't see them drafting DT's and CB's when they're loaded at the position.

Their focus will likely be WR, TE, G, T, QB, RB. They most definitely need to draft another QB, even if he sits on the practice squad until 2015. Reid must continually work to develop QB's.

The thing about the DT position is that they keep bringing in guys and trying them out. They are obviously not completely satisfied with the depth that the Chiefs have at the position.

And I agree that they will have to look at an offensive tackle as they will most likely not pay Albert franchise tag money again. Stop gap year with him this season. But I think that Stephenson is pretty solid and will move into the RT spot in 2014 with Fisher moving over to LT.

Guard is the big position as Asamoah is just a guy and Allen is getting ate up like a soup dip sammich.

I still think that they'll want depth at CB. I'm not sure that there is much there beyond Flowers and Smith. Cooper looks promising to be sure, but two games do not make a career.

Fasano, Kelce and Duck McGrath seem to offer a pretty solid TE rotation (if they were all healthy), and I don't see them carrying a fourth just to carry a fourth.

And there is no chance in hell that they even begin to think about the QB spot unless Bray is a complete mess. And his arm and size alone dictate that he'll warrant at least two or three years in the system to see if he can be brought up to NFL level skills. If Smith doesn't get the long term extension, I'll eat my hat and Daniel is exactly what they signed him to be. No way they worry about the QB spot for at least another three years - and that's contingent on Bray elevating himself. Smith is easily a five year guy minimum, eight year maximum guy for the Chiefs while Reid is here.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-18-2013 05:46 PM

"Eight years"...

The Shark: You've jumped it, kimosabbe. LMAO

Direckshun 10-19-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10097181)
The thing about the DT position is that they keep bringing in guys and trying them out. They are obviously not completely satisfied with the depth that the Chiefs have at the position.

Really?

Allen Bailey's playing as well as he's ever played, and it looks like we landed a player in Catapano...

Toribio has been outstanding in goal line stands, too. He was a critical player in the huge goal line stand in Tennessee.

Toribio's won over every defensive coach we've had. Hell, one of the best DL minds the NFL's seen in the past 20 years, Romeo Crennel, started him over a 1st round NT in 2012, up until he got injured.

Saccopoo 10-19-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10099524)
Really?

Allen Bailey's playing as well as he's ever played, and it looks like we landed a player in Catapano...

Toribio has been outstanding in goal line stands, too. He was a critical player in the huge goal line stand in Tennessee.

Toribio's won over every defensive coach we've had. Hell, one of the best DL minds the NFL's seen in the past 20 years, Romeo Crennel, started him over a 1st round NT in 2012, up until he got injured.

I stated as soon as they inked the deal with Sutton, Bailey was a perfect fit for what he was going to run and should have a breakout year. Catapano is very similar to what you have in Bailey. Both work very well in the subpackages.

Toribio seems to put it together when the games begin, though I seriously doubt that they'll leave it at Poe and Toribio from a camp perspective. As I stated, Dorsey has brought in a lot of DT's to take a look at - that leaves me to believe that they are interested in competition at the position beyond Poe at the very least.

Saccopoo 11-02-2013 09:37 AM

Newly updated to reflect the holes the Chiefs have exhibited in the roster to date halfway through the season.

Offensive guard, particularly left guard, where Jeff Allen has simply been overwhelmed for the vast majority of the season, is a huge need. In addition, Asamoah has simply been a guy. I know that both were relatively high draft picks (Allen a second and Asamoah a third), but you've got to start showing something, especially at the guard position, sooner rather than later.

And Jackson is an absolute beast. He is simply dominating opposing defensive line players this season.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-02-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10148714)
Newly updated to reflect the holes the Chiefs have exhibited in the roster to date halfway through the season.

Offensive guard, particularly left guard, where Jeff Allen has simply been overwhelmed for the vast majority of the season, is a huge need. In addition, Asamoah has simply been a guy. I know that both were relatively high draft picks (Allen a second and Asamoah a third), but you've got to start showing something, especially at the guard position, sooner rather than later.

And Jackson is an absolute beast. He is simply dominating opposing defensive line players this season.

Free Agency.

NEXT!

Saccopoo 11-02-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10148761)
Free Agency.

NEXT!

That's where you find your 4th string, practice squad QB that you so desperately want.

Oh, wait, that's our third stringer...

All-Pro Guard?

That, my friend, is going to be our 2014 first rounder.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-02-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10148788)
That's where you find your 4th string, practice squad QB that you so desperately want.

Oh, wait, that's our third stringer...

All-Pro Guard?

That, my friend, is going to be our 2014 first rounder.

LMAO That's where will find our stop-gap line to give Axl and the other old farts of the roster their final chance.

O.city 11-02-2013 12:25 PM

Saccofbats

Saccopoo 11-02-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10148824)
LMAO That's where will find our stop-gap line to give Axl and the other old farts of the roster their final chance.

In all seriousness, Reid and Dorsey love Smith. Five years (this season included) minimum.

First and foremost, they are going to build a line around him. They want to build a time of possession, win the field position battle, matriculate the ball up and down the field offense that will not stall in the red zone. A line that will give Smith time as well as holes for the read option.

It's why Fisher was their first draft pick and why they will be looking at upgrading the interior sooner rather than later in 2014. Jackson, coming out of the SEC, with his physical tools, is the most pro ready, high level guard prospect in the draft.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-02-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10149039)
In all seriousness, Reid and Dorsey love Smith. Five years (this season included) minimum.

First and foremost, they are going to build a line around him. They want to build a time of possession, win the field position battle, matriculate the ball up and down the field offense that will not stall in the red zone. A line that will give Smith time as well as holes for the read option.

It's why Fisher was their first draft pick and why they will be looking at upgrading the interior sooner rather than later in 2014. Jackson, coming out of the SEC, with his physical tools, is the most pro ready, high level guard prospect in the draft.

Seriously, that's the last time they'll be spending high on fatties. Look for upgrades in the FA market to continue the(lmao)"win now" experiment under Axl's "leadership". Expect a new QB on the field after next season, as well as upgrades in the receiver corps.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-02-2013 01:52 PM

They will NOT be drafting a line around Axl.

Delusional.

Saccopoo 11-03-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 10149196)
They will NOT be drafting a line around Axl.

Delusional.

Wanna bet?

I might change every single draft pick to alternative OL and WR guys since ours suck so ****ing bad.

Saccopoo 11-10-2013 11:35 AM

Newly edited to reflect the potential shift in NFL draft slottings.

I've had Gabe Jackson at the Chiefs pick forever, but I don't think he's around when they select in the first round. He's been the SEC offensive lineman of the week nearly every week this season and is dominating the conference. Defensive players are running away from him at this point.

As well, the real problem with the Chiefs has been the inability of their wide receivers to have a high level positive impact on the game. They have dropped a metric shit ton of balls and don't show a real good awareness in this west coast/pistol system that the team is running. They've handicapped the Chiefs and it's offense more than anything, including the crappy play by the interior offensive lineman.

I also did not go after a FS. With Commings selected in the 2013 draft, and the activation of Brad McDougald last week, I think that there are two potential high level players for that position, in addition to incumbent free safety and Chiefs Planet dog Kendrick Lewis.

Fales represented BOP. He has been an excellent QB this season and fits everything that the Chiefs could want in a backup to Smith. Personally I don't think that they go QB this high or at all, but he was best player available in this mock situation.

O.city 11-10-2013 11:48 AM

Switch fales with Derek Carr and were good.

Saccopoo 11-10-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10173807)
Switch fales with Derek Carr and were good.

Carr and Fales are pretty much the same guy, and I think Fales has better field understanding and accuracy as well as already experienced in the same type of system that Reid is currently running. Carr is working with a better team.

Pretty easy to dissect the comparisons. They both are playing in the same conference.

And as I said earlier, neither are as good as Utah State's Chuckie Keeton, who would be the guy I'd look at drafting if I was the Chiefs next season, depending upon how he comes back from the knee injury.

Personally, I think that by picking either Fales or Carr, you are simply getting a backup to Smith, not a potential starter in three or four years. You are basically drafting a replacement for Chase Daniel, not an eventual replacement to Alex Smith. And that's not worth spending a first round pick on, which you will most likely have to do when picking Derek Carr.

Quote:

WEEK 9 SENIOR BOWL COLLEGE SENIOR OF THE WEEK: David Fales has had his share of great games at San Jose State. Saturday, the Spartans' senior may have had his best. Fales was 27-37 passing for 482 yards and five touchdowns, including the game-winner with seven seconds left, to lift SJSU past Wyoming, 51-44. He also ran for a touchdown as San Jose State overcame a 16-point deficit in the second half. Fales now has 50 career touchdowns passes and is nine shy of tying the school record. For his performance, Fales is the Reese's Senior Bowl College Senior of the Week. - SeniorBowl.com
versus

Quote:

WEEK 10 CBSSPORTS.COM NATIONAL OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: Fresno State QB Derek Carr...Derek Carr has been on an offensive warpath as of late, breaking school records left and right while leading the Bulldogs on their climb up the BCS standings. Carr became Fresno State's career passing leader on Saturday night thanks to a 487 yard performance that included three passing touchdowns and another score on the ground. It was Carr's 12th career 400-yard passing game, and the Bulldogs needed every bit of it with Nevada fighting back in the second half and cutting the deficit to one score early in the fourth quarter. - CBSSports.com

O.city 11-10-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10173843)
Carr and Fales are pretty much the same guy, and I think Fales has better field understanding and accuracy as well as already experienced in the same type of system that Reid is currently running. Carr is working with a better team.

Pretty easy to dissect the comparisons. They both are playing in the same conference.

And as I said earlier, neither are as good as Utah State's Chuckie Keeton, who would be the guy I'd look at drafting if I was the Chiefs next season, depending upon how he comes back from the knee injury.

Personally, I think that by picking either Fales or Carr, you are simply getting a backup to Smith, not a potential starter in three or four years. You are basically drafting a replacement for Chase Daniel, not an eventual replacement to Alex Smith. And that's not worth spending a first round pick on, which you will most likely have to do when picking Derek Carr.

versus

Thing I like about Carr is that he has a better arm, and he calls about 80% oft he plays for Fresno. He doesn't look to the sidelines, he does it all himself.

I think his upside is more than a backup though, but he'd need a year or two. I think he's essentially a shorter bray with better intangibles.

It just depends what we do early. I think this would be a Great year (if we are in the 25-30 area) to trade back in the early secondary nd recoup another 2 or 3. Beckham could still be there plus grabbing another pick? Win win IMO.

Nightfyre 11-10-2013 06:50 PM

I haven't watched any Fales this year, but based on what I watched last year, the guy doesn't have an NFL arm. The end.

Kingsburg#12 11-10-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10173851)
Thing I like about Carr is that he has a better arm, and he calls about 80% oft he plays for Fresno. He doesn't look to the sidelines, he does it all himself.

I think his upside is more than a backup though, but he'd need a year or two. I think he's essentially a shorter bray with better intangibles.

It just depends what we do early. I think this would be a Great year (if we are in the 25-30 area) to trade back in the early secondary nd recoup another 2 or 3. Beckham could still be there plus grabbing another pick? Win win IMO.

Carr is a solid character, but comparing him to Bray is ridiculous. Bray has a much stronger arm and his only knock was footwork and maturity and zero coaching in college. He's 21 years old and Reid has been very impressed with his development and work ethic. "If he develops properly", His arm and abilities will compare to Favre and Marino.
Carr doesn't have the arm, or the height. The ball takes a while to reach the target. Good decision maker against terrible competition. His ceiling is much much lower.

Saccopoo 12-02-2013 07:38 PM

Newly updated to reflect the ongoing needs of the Chiefs 3/4ths of the way through the 2013 season.

BryanBusby 12-03-2013 04:12 AM

I don't see Haha Clinton-Dix lasting into the 20's. Beyond that, name owns so much.

The Rams will be picking for the second time by that point and they will take him if he's still up because this is a bad safety class and they have terrible ones.

RunKC 12-06-2013 03:20 PM

Some options for the Chiefs right now in the late first round.

Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
Austin Sefarian-Jenkins TE Washington
Lamarcus Joyner S FSU

But the homer in me would love it if Marquise Lee fell to us somehow.

RealSNR 12-06-2013 08:06 PM

I would cream if Lee fell to us in the first round.

Our TE situation is also pretty brutal.

RunKC 12-06-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10253367)
I would cream if Lee fell to us in the first round.

Our TE situation is also pretty brutal.

Would you draft a TE round 1 even though Fasano will be back and Kelce is healthy next year? Cut Duck Dynasty maybe?

I think if Sefarian-Jenkins is on the board, we gotta take him. He's too good.

RealSNR 12-07-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10253434)
Would you draft a TE round 1 even though Fasano will be back and Kelce is healthy next year? Cut Duck Dynasty maybe?

Fasano or Beardman can leave. Or even Kelce if he has Moeaki Syndrome.

I would hope it's Fasano just because of age. If you're depending on a guy like him as your #1 TE, you should probably consider finding an upgrade.

RunKC 12-09-2013 11:09 AM

Let's be honest here. Reid is going to take a big fatty like he always does.

Cyril Richardson
Gabe Jackson
Stephon Tuitt (if he's there)

I wouldn't mind Tuitt actually. 6'6" 312 lbs, is very athletic and has 18 sacks the last 2 years. He reminds me of Sheldon Richardson.

The Franchise 12-09-2013 11:11 AM

Fasano is a damn good 2nd TE.

Saccopoo 12-09-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10263181)
Fasano is a damn good 2nd TE.

I agree, but when they used a high third on Kelce in the 2013 draft and we've received solid production out of Beard McGrath all season long, I would hope that our tight end situation has been and is basically addressed for the immediate and long term future.

While I think that Jenkins is a talent, spending our first rounder in 2014 on him or another player at the tight end position would be a waste, all things considered.

I think that the Chiefs will end up going with the best OL guy on the board, someone like Miss State's Gabe Jackson, Stanford's Dave Yankey or Baylor's Cyril Richardson, unless guy like USC's WR Marquis Lee or Alabama's FS Ha-Ha Dix is sitting there.

However, just throwing this out, a guy who might be a dark horse is Utah's DE Trevor Riley.

Riley led the team in most defensive categories (sacks, tackles for loss, tackles and fumble recoveries). Long and athletic, Riley really exploded this year. Utah defensive players under Wittingham have made a smooth transition to the NFL and Riley's size (6'5", 255 lbs.) indicates he'll be a nice fit for an OLB in a 34 system.

However, I still think it will be a OL guy. Neither Albert nor Asamoah will likely get long term, bigger money contracts and both positions seem to have already been upgraded with the insertion of Stephenson and Schwartz into the lineup. However, Allen still remains the weak link on the line, though the #2 receiver position is probably the biggest need with free safety second.

Draft needs as I see it:

1. WR
- Unless a guy like Lee falls, guys like Davante Adams, Allen Robinson and Jordan Matthews are really no different than guys like Mike Davis and Cody Hoffman - and I personally like Davis and Hoffman a lot better than those guys anyway. I think LSU's Odell Beckham offers up some nice stuff, but I think he'll be in that second/third round grey area. Ohio State's Pitt Brown or Oregon's Josh Huff gives you that same type of guy as Beckham though and will be around in the later rounds.

2. FS
- After Dix it's a pretty thin class at the position and I'm pretty sure that the Chiefs have two young guys/rookies on the roster in Commings and McDougald that will really push Kendrick Lewis for the starting spot for the 2014 season. If it's not Dix, who does have superb speed and athleticism at the position, I don't think you waste a pick due to the two young guys already on the roster.

3. OL
- As stated, I don't see either Albert or Asamoah getting much in terms of a long term offer/contract from the team. Both, in a contract season, haven't played very well and have been out played by the guys who've replaced them the past couple of weeks in Stephenson (who I thought we stole in the 2012 draft) and Schwartz (who seems to solidify the blocking on the line every time he's been inserted into the lineup). Jeff Allen has been flat bad for most of the year and could easily be replaced in the starting lineup. Where the Chiefs will pick, they will have their choice of some really solid pro prospects in the aforementioned guys like Jackson, Yankey or Richardson. And I really like either Virginia's OT Morgan Moses or Tennessee's OT JaWuan James in around the third/fourth round area.

RunKC 12-09-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10263579)
I agree, but when they used a high third on Kelce in the 2013 draft and we've received solid production out of Beard McGrath all season long, I would hope that our tight end situation has been and is basically addressed for the immediate and long term future.

While I think that Jenkins is a talent, spending our first rounder in 2014 on him or another player at the tight end position would be a waste, all things considered.

I think that the Chiefs will end up going with the best OL guy on the board, someone like Miss State's Gabe Jackson, Stanford's Dave Yankey or Baylor's Cyril Richardson, unless guy like USC's WR Marquis Lee or Alabama's FS Ha-Ha Dix is sitting there.

However, just throwing this out, a guy who might be a dark horse is Utah's DE Trevor Riley.

Riley led the team in most defensive categories (sacks, tackles for loss, tackles and fumble recoveries). Long and athletic, Riley really exploded this year. Utah defensive players under Wittingham have made a smooth transition to the NFL and Riley's size (6'5", 255 lbs.) indicates he'll be a nice fit for an OLB in a 34 system.

However, I still think it will be a OL guy. Neither Albert nor Asamoah will likely get long term, bigger money contracts and both positions seem to have already been upgraded with the insertion of Stephenson and Schwartz into the lineup. However, Allen still remains the weak link on the line, though the #2 receiver position is probably the biggest need with free safety second.

Draft needs as I see it:

1. WR
- Unless a guy like Lee falls, guys like Davante Adams, Allen Robinson and Jordan Matthews are really no different than guys like Mike Davis and Cody Hoffman - and I personally like Davis and Hoffman a lot better than those guys anyway. I think LSU's Odell Beckham offers up some nice stuff, but I think he'll be in that second/third round grey area. Ohio State's Pitt Brown or Oregon's Josh Huff gives you that same type of guy as Beckham though and will be around in the later rounds.

2. FS
- After Dix it's a pretty thin class at the position and I'm pretty sure that the Chiefs have two young guys/rookies on the roster in Commings and McDougald that will really push Kendrick Lewis for the starting spot for the 2014 season. If it's not Dix, who does have superb speed and athleticism at the position, I don't think you waste a pick due to the two young guys already on the roster.

3. OL
- As stated, I don't see either Albert or Asamoah getting much in terms of a long term offer/contract from the team. Both, in a contract season, haven't played very well and have been out played by the guys who've replaced them the past couple of weeks in Stephenson (who I thought we stole in the 2012 draft) and Schwartz (who seems to solidify the blocking on the line every time he's been inserted into the lineup). Jeff Allen has been flat bad for most of the year and could easily be replaced in the starting lineup. Where the Chiefs will pick, they will have their choice of some really solid pro prospects in the aforementioned guys like Jackson, Yankey or Richardson. And I really like either Virginia's OT Morgan Moses or Tennessee's OT JaWuan James in around the third/fourth round area.

I think you could be right about TE. Reid is close with Kelce's family. He's gonna let him roll. I like the Fasano/Kelce/McGrath trio.

I don't know about OL. Reid obviously has Fisher at LT next year. He likes Jeff Allen a lot, Schwartz will probably start and I think Stephenson deserves his shot at RT.
I think Hudson would be the only weak link because he's struggled and is too small to fit Reid's system.

I think it just depends on who is there. The Joyner kid from FSU is pretty good too, but not sure if he's worth a 1st. Tuitt would be amazing, but idk how he would last that long on the board.

We will probably pick up Jeremy Maclin and a veteran safety, draft a lineman of some sort in round 1 and then draft another WR in round 3. I can see that happening.

Halfcan 12-09-2013 04:27 PM

his name is Haha-lol what is his brother's name Hoho and a sister named HeeHee.

hitchief 12-18-2013 03:10 PM

very nice mock and would be very happy if it happened but don't think Ha-Ha is gonna be there for us when we pick.

hitchief 12-18-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10263810)
I think you could be right about TE. Reid is close with Kelce's family. He's gonna let him roll. I like the Fasano/Kelce/McGrath trio.

I don't know about OL. Reid obviously has Fisher at LT next year. He likes Jeff Allen a lot, Schwartz will probably start and I think Stephenson deserves his shot at RT.
I think Hudson would be the only weak link because he's struggled and is too small to fit Reid's system.

I think it just depends on who is there. The Joyner kid from FSU is pretty good too, but not sure if he's worth a 1st. Tuitt would be amazing, but idk how he would last that long on the board.

We will probably pick up Jeremy Maclin and a veteran safety, draft a lineman of some sort in round 1 and then draft another WR in round 3. I can see that happening.

You are probably correct with TE situation but if the top TE is still there, we take him.

FS is a huge need for us but as others have said the only viable pick in the 1st
round at that position is Ha-Ha and he will be gone.

With Albert and Asamoah going in FA, Oline is gonna be high on the list also.

So, I think it falls like this:

We pick up the best FS in FA by signing Jarius Byrd. Will have the money if we don't resign Albert and Lewis.

In the 1st round we take the best player available at either TE, Oline or Wr. One is gonna slip and fall to us out of that group and I'd predick it will be Lee (Wr) or Ebron (TE)

Then pick up a OG or Tackle in the 3rd.

saphojunkie 12-18-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 10263919)
his name is Haha-lol what is his brother's name Hoho and a sister named HeeHee.

Are you ashamed of this post? I hope you're ashamed of this post. Because you should be ashamed of this post.

htismaqe 12-19-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10253434)

I'm not gonna count on Fasano for anything at this point. He's a journeyman at best and a constant injury risk at worst.

The Franchise 12-19-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10294219)
I'm not gonna count on Fasano for anything at this point. He's a journeyman at best and a constant injury risk at worst.

I was excited about the Fasano signing. Shit just didn't work out.

Saccopoo 12-19-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10295117)
I was excited about the Fasano signing. Shit just didn't work out.

The guy is a solid backup/#2. Does everything well.

Personally, I'd love Jason Witten on this offense with Smith as the QB. Money all game long, however, that ain't gonna happen as he inked a big time, five year deal in 2011 with the Cowboys.

Kelce has the same level of athleticism as Witten, and we did spend a very high third on the guy. Reid knows the family and obviously saw something in the guy that he liked. As I stated earlier, with Kelce, Fasano and McGrath, I wouldn't be spending anymore draft picks on the position until it's proven that Kelce doesn't have the potential and Fasano can't stay healthy. McGrath has been a huge boon for the team and has earned his spot. Using a pick on the TE position would be a waste, especially an early pick. We've got to find out if Kelce can play before that position is once again addressed.

However, even the casual fan knows that WR, OG and FS are serious needs. Personally, I don't think that Reid likes messing with a lineup once it's set for the season. We'll really see Commings and McDougald push at the FS spot next summer IMO. However, other than Hemmingway, there isn't anything at the WR position beyond Bowe and even he has struggled this season and at this point might be better utilized as a big slot guy much in the same way as Boldin is being utilized in San Francisco.

I think you'll see no less than two WR in this next draft in an effort to upgrade the position. You'll also see a OG and an OT somewhere as depth is needed. OG could be early in an effort to push Allen/the LOG spot. If they went OL with their first pick, my bet would be Gabe Jackson, who is a power blocking left guard who has absolutely dominated the SEC this season. (Three time SEC Lineman of the Week in 2013.) However, as I stated, if a guy like Marquis Lee or HaHa Dix fell to them, I think that they would be very tempted to take either of those players.

RealSNR 12-20-2013 01:22 AM

McDougald plays for the Bucs now, Sac. They claimed him from us when we were busy playing Musical Roster Grabass.

Saccopoo 12-20-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 10295869)
McDougald plays for the Bucs now, Sac. They claimed him from us when we were busy playing Musical Roster Grabass.

Poop.

They may regret that one.

rtmike 12-20-2013 01:03 PM

Decent mock. No draft will be without criticism. The folks' bad mouthing this mock should post theirs up. :thumb:

Sac, I gotta know if you don't mind. How many wives do you have? ;)

Nightfyre 12-20-2013 01:21 PM

Probably none based on the fact that he has free time to make mock drafts! LMAO

rtmike 12-20-2013 01:58 PM

Maybe, could be.

I would bet we're not talking to him at all. He just gives one of them a pointer & notes so she can edit while another one can take short notes from the edited material all the while another one is here on the planet typing out this post & yet another is on another computer visiting the Orange Mane getting ready to fire them up...

See there, I already lost track of how many he has. I wonder if he nose. :D

Saccopoo 12-20-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 10296933)
Maybe, could be.

I would bet we're not talking to him at all. He just gives one of them a pointer & notes so she can edit while another one can take short notes from the edited material all the while another one is here on the planet typing out this post & yet another is on another computer visiting the Orange Mane getting ready to fire them up...

See there, I already lost track of how many he has. I wonder if he nose. :D

You know, one of my best friends who I went to high school with and went into the army with, his dad has/had 37 wives.

Sorter 12-21-2013 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10297961)
You know, one of my best friends who I went to high school with and went into the army with, his dad has/had 37 wives.

That sounds like too much work.

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-21-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Smooth talker with a 4" rod.

Bewbies 12-21-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

**** that. LMAO

Can you imagine how much nagging that guy dealt with?

Bowser 12-25-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

At once?

Buehler445 12-26-2013 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10295889)
Poop.

They may regret that one.

Yeah, I was hoping he would stick. I REALLY liked McDougald.

Mav 12-29-2013 12:02 AM

The Chiefs should take Zach Ebron in the first if he is there.

Saccopoo 12-29-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10315464)
The Chiefs should take Zach Ebron in the first if he is there.

I don't know if he's big enough to play at the NFL level, but he sure looks good with the ball in his hands...

http://hdwallpaperszon.com/wp-conten...llpapers-8.jpg

Mav 12-30-2013 03:06 AM

I don't know why I call him zach. Eric Ebron

Great Expectations 12-30-2013 11:19 AM

According to CBS we dont' get a first rounder in '14.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

PhillyChiefFan 12-30-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 10321499)
According to CBS we dont' get a first rounder in '14.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

Further proof the draft experts are completely full of shit.

Saccopoo 12-30-2013 01:22 PM

Newly updated to reflect full 2013 season results.

Sorter 12-30-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Graded out at 90% for every game in 2013

What does this mean, exactly?

Nightfyre 12-30-2013 01:31 PM

I don't think Moncrief declares and, even if he does, I doubt he drops to the chiefs at 3.

Saccopoo 12-30-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10321903)

Winning his matchups. Sealing out holes, panckes, redirecting blitzes, etc. Beats me. I would think that each team has their own little set of parameters, but according to the University of Virginia, Moses graded out at 90% or above for every game in 2013.

Sorter 12-30-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10321934)
Winning his matchups. Sealing out holes, panckes, redirecting blitzes, etc. Beats me. I would think that each team has their own little set of parameters, but according to the University of Virginia, Moses graded out at 90% or above for every game in 2013.

So that's from their (UVA) website then?

jd1020 12-30-2013 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10321903)

Not quite at the level of Cassel.

Sorter 12-30-2013 01:48 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qNmiRu3Kcf0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Interesting.

Saccopoo 12-30-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 10321910)
I don't think Moncrief declares and, even if he does, I doubt he drops to the chiefs at 3.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Moncrief. He'll get pushed down the draft because of Mike Evans, who's the most similar player to Moncrief (even a little bigger), and where Dante times out at the combine if he does declare.

He doesn't have much to prove at Ole Miss at this point other than potentially elevating his draft stock for 2015.

You don't think guys like Moncrief end up in the third round, but I think he'll get similar treatment to what you saw with Eric Decker and Keenan Allen, both of whom should have gone much higher in the draft than the third round, but they both ended up there because of injury or questions about being able to separate from NFL defenders on a long field (which is the question that most people will have about Moncrief heading into the draft). However, like Moncrief, both of those guys could catch the living shit out of the ball and destroyed people at the college level. I think Donte is very similar to both of those players from a pro potential and questions about his game standpoint.

However, I think the guy will be an absolute stud at the next level. Reminds me a lot of Andre Johnson.

jd1020 12-30-2013 01:54 PM

I bet he declares...

Look at his catch at 3:40. He aint got time for college rules.

Nightfyre 12-30-2013 01:58 PM

Moncrief reminds me a lot of DBowe only with great route running. This is a deep receiver class, so maybe he drops to the second round, but I doubt he makes it to the bottom of three. The only reason I know about him is because I followed him a bit last year.

Great Expectations 12-30-2013 04:46 PM

What is going on at CBS? In the first Mock Draft that left the Chiefs out Rang had Dix going to the Bengals at #24, then when they move back to 25 allowing for the Chiefs to draft at 24 he falls off his board. He also doesn't have him on his 47 person big board.

Prospect RankingFull Prospect Rankings
Overall Position Projected Rnd
30 1 1-2
Mock DraftFull Mock Drafts
Rang Brugler Prisco Judge
(24) (17) - -
Workout Results
40 20 10 Bench
4.54 - - -
Vertical Broad Shuttle Cone
- - - -

Saccopoo 01-06-2014 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 10322444)
What is going on at CBS? In the first Mock Draft that left the Chiefs out Rang had Dix going to the Bengals at #24, then when they move back to 25 allowing for the Chiefs to draft at 24 he falls off his board. He also doesn't have him on his 47 person big board.

Prospect RankingFull Prospect Rankings
Overall Position Projected Rnd
30 1 1-2
Mock DraftFull Mock Drafts
Rang Brugler Prisco Judge
(24) (17) - -
Workout Results
40 20 10 Bench
4.54 - - -
Vertical Broad Shuttle Cone
- - - -

Because Rang is bleh and loves moving guys up and down significantly at this juncture, or so it seems. He also is a fan of the usual suspects at big name schools.

I haven't looked at the CBS board in a long time.

Saccopoo 01-06-2014 07:47 PM

Oh, and Donte Moncrief has declared for the NFL draft as of yesterday.

Dude is a beast.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XpOHRPmhErw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/i3ZS6HRdbKo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mav 01-06-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10351535)
Oh, and Donte Moncrief has declared for the NFL draft as of yesterday.

Dude is a beast.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XpOHRPmhErw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/i3ZS6HRdbKo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He is. Watched some of him in his Bowl game